Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Electronic Arts

Company »

EA is one of the largest publisher/developers in the video game industry.

EA planning to region lock it's digital distribution?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger

This was posted on the Greenmangaming Twitter account this morning, every trace of it is gone now from their blog and their twitter account(I didn't know you could delete tweets?)

Thought it was worth saving before it's lost on my phone's browser to see if this actually happens.

@greenmangaming said:

EA Games Now Region Restricted

October 7th, 2011

Bad news folks, we very unfortunately have to pull down EA products from sale in all regions except for the UK.

We’re currently in talks with EA to see if this can be changed, however I can’t give any kind of guarantees aside from saying as soon as I know something I will let you know too.

For those who had already purchased EA games from outside the UK – don’t worry as all of those sales will be honoured and you will receive your game(s), and they will continue to work.

And if you’re currently taking part in our Twitter or Facebook competitions to win the equivalent credit for a copy of Battlefield 3 – those two prizes will also be honoured, even though the delivery of the prize of BF3 may change.

With regard to our 10 day promotion, this will continue as planned, but will only be available to the UK.

We’re very sorry about this and, as I say, hope to have it changed in future.

-James

Community Manager

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2011/10/ea-games-cornered-to-uk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.