Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Electronic Arts

Company »

EA is one of the largest publisher/developers in the video game industry.

The EA Access library will be permanent

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AMyggen

Peter Moore has now said this:

"New game additions will be determined by franchise and timing," he said. "We have to make decisions along that way, so there's no template, like 30 days after a game ships it goes into the Vault.

"I think one of the key things is that once a game goes into the Vault it stays there, it's not going to be taken out, that's a commitment we've made."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473365/ea-access-library-will-be-permanent-and-substantial/

While EA Access doesn't really interest me personally, I think making the games permanently available on the service, instead of the monthly offerings of PS+ and the like, is a great move (even though it doesn't really make much sense with the annual sports franchises after the next one has been released). Not much is known about the selection going forward, but this is a good start.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So basically what they're saying is they need to release one AAA title I want a year in order to make me break even? Thats actually a really good deal then... but because its permanent I think everyone SHOULD wait at least a year before jumping in.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool, i got a access key for EA access but waiting for more games to appear until I sub.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically what they're saying is they need to release one AAA title I want a year in order to make me break even? Thats actually a really good deal then... but because its permanent I think everyone SHOULD wait at least a year before jumping in.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Unless you want early access to a few EA games, there's really no good reason not to wait for the library to grow a bit until subbing.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That's great!

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Will definitely pick this up then when I get around to get an Xbox One. Instant access to a bunch of games sounds like a good deal to me. Hopefully they expand more out of sports games though as by the time I get one of the current offerings will be old (and I'll have got the "newer" versions).

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been using it since it launched and find the service useful as I just want to play Fifa 14 in rental terms. (Rather than pay full retail as Fifa 15 is out next month) EA Access provides a service in which I can rent their catalogue for a month. Not sure why people were so negative about it. Probably just cause it is EA.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

cool, i got a access key for EA access but waiting for more games to appear until I sub.

How'd you get in on that? Just randomly get picked?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

It's not on PC (yet?) and it's never going to be on PS4 or WiiU so this is completely useless to me.

By the time I get around to an Xbox One if this is still around I might get 2 months and run through every EA game.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey said:

How'd you get in on that? Just randomly get picked?

recently got into the dashboard preview program, then randomly got a msg on live with a EA access key.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes more sense that EA can do this over something like PS+ since they own all the games. I wouldn't expect Netflix produced series' to ever leave Netflix either, even though movies and shows get rotated out as contacts expire.

I'm guessing that Sony doesn't do something similar with their own service because the model has be set up different for all the other companies, though it'd be nice with the instant game collection stuff if they just expanded that to include all Sony games released on Plus up to that point. Maybe they will do something like that with Playstation Now.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Great, now hurry up and put the damn thing out there so I can actually buy it.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet I could play fifa 14 for years and years!

All kidding aside I don't think there is a lot of reason to get it now but well see how it goes. A promise of not removing stuff is a start. I mean they own they games so they shouldn't.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should put new Battlefield games onto the service as soon as they are released.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? They never work.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@rickyyo said:

I've been using it since it launched and find the service useful as I just want to play Fifa 14 in rental terms. (Rather than pay full retail as Fifa 15 is out next month) EA Access provides a service in which I can rent their catalogue for a month. Not sure why people were so negative about it. Probably just cause it is EA.

Keep in mind a lot of these people hate sports games, as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.