Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elemental: War of Magic

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 24, 2010

Elemental: War of Magic is a post-apocalyptic, fantasy, turn-based strategy game with Role Playing elements.

Elemental: War of Magic

caduceus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By caduceus

Even though there are a thousand screaming internet voices about it, I'll probably end up getting Elemental: War of Magic.  I loved Space Empires IV and Dominions III and Civilization II.  If you can give me some sort of combination of the three...

caduceus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By caduceus

Even though there are a thousand screaming internet voices about it, I'll probably end up getting Elemental: War of Magic.  I loved Space Empires IV and Dominions III and Civilization II.  If you can give me some sort of combination of the three...

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Torrim

I hear that game is broke.  Not buggy, but flat.  out.  broke.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By sins_of_mosin

No, it's not broken now after the two patches and the hot fix.  The AI might not act correct but you can still enjoy the game.

BrilliantLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BrilliantLoser

In a perfect world, Stardock would have released this game around early October... but I doubt they wanted to go too close to Civilization 5.  It does remind me of Gal Civ 2 before the Dark Avatar expansion where it's fun but in retrospect it's missing something. There is something to be said about how cool it is to make you're own avatar instead of choosing pre-designed ones.
    I need more time with it though, but it does still lack polish.  I'm sure it'll be fixed in a couple months.  Stardock has always been really good with updates.

e102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By e102

At the moment it's missing a lot of key features but stardock are going to work on it for the next year or so. Why not wait awhile and see how things pan out?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

Played a bit of version 1.06 and everything technically works. I'm not having any fun. At some point you gotta stop apologizing for the game and ask if the fundamental core mechanic is any fun. 
    And this is coming from a guy who just beat Disciples 3 and didn't completely hate it. I have patience for buggy turn based games yet still.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.