Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Elite Beat Agents

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 06, 2006

Elite Beat Agents is a rhythm game for the Nintendo DS developed by iNiS Corp. and published by Nintendo. It is a spiritual sequel to the Japanese only Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, and uses many of the same touch screen based gameplay mechanics.

Got snowed in, dug this out, and thought...

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TerraDelu

Let me start by saying this and Rock Band 3 stand as the best rhythm games ever made. Well, Gitaroo Man is up there too... ANYWAY, I played Elite Beat Agents after digging out my DS whilst being snowed into my apartment. Is there any FUN way to make a Elite Beat Agents-ish game for Kinect? I'm just not sure if the gameplay would lend well to using your hands, but at the same time, I want more creative rhythm games. Beat Sketcher for Move is a good example of using motion controls for a rhythm game, but I'm looking for something more crazy. Ideas anyone?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I don't think there's any way to implement it on Kinect without it being horribly imprecise. They'd certainly have to dumb it down a lot (and it's not a terribly deep game to begin with).  

Frankly, I kinda think that music rhythm games are on their way out, aside from the occasional crazy one like EBA that makes its way out of Japan. 

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By C0V3RT

I think it's probably better suited for PS Move but after watching the quick look of Beat Sketcher, made me realize how difficult that would end up being. 

I'll just patiently wait for Elite Beat Agents 2... even though it will never happen. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.