Overview: The Last of Us
Ellie is a brash, precocious 14-year-old girl, orphaned at a very young age, with no recollection of how the world was like before the collapse of modern society. Despite having grown up in the hard, unforgiving post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us, her rough, confrontational nature is tempered with a penchant for lighthearted humor, a strong desire for emotional connections, an existential fear of being alone, and a genuine childlike curiosity for the world outside the quarantine zone and before the infection.
For most of her life, she has lived within the strict confines of the Boston quarantine zone, learning the basics of survival in her time in a military boarding school. Although she doesn't quite have the upbringing of your average modern teenager, the story that defines her only really begins when she and her best friend Riley go play hooky in an abandoned shopping mall upon Riley's return from weeks of absence. This sets her on a path to finding out how special she truly is to the world at large, and more importantly, to a cold, hardened man named Joel.
Because of her lack of knowledge pertaining to pre-apocalyptic culture, Ellie enjoys observing and collecting items from the past and learning about their social significance (e.g. books, brands, music, etc.). She also enjoys telling jokes from her joke book to lighten up the mood.
- Ellie enjoys reading in her free time when she is not running away from infected or surviving in the wasteland
- Had a scrapbook full of garden gnomes when she was in the Boston Quarantine Zone.
- Thinks fairies are creepy.
- Had a friend teach her how to play "The Turning" arcade game.
- Hates cliffhangers
- Thinks that scorpions are creepy
- Her favorite animal is a dinosaur even though of course she has never seen one
- Is truly scared of ending up alone
- Believes Joel lived in a weird time period
- When she and Joel first entered Bill's Town she didn't know how to whistle but fast forward to when they arrive to Pittsburgh, she finally is able to whistle. The song Ellie is supposedly whistling the first time she is able to whistle is the theme to Uncharted.
- Does not know how to swim
- The first time she ever sees a real life monkey is when she and Joel enter the university
- During the Winter section of the game, the player can access Ellie's backpack and under the "Collectibles" section, a note can be found written by Ellie's mother Anna. The note was supposedly written the hours after Ellie birth and before Anna finally passed away. After reading both sides of the letter for the first time, you can hear Ellie say "I'm trying to make you proud."
Log in to comment