Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Emma Stone

Person » credited in 1 games

Emma Stone is an Oscar-winning American actress from Scottsdale, Arizona. She is famous for playing Gwen Stacy in the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

Emma Stone is "in" sleeping Dogs.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

So she he had a pretty large portion of that Voice Actor promo for Sleeping Dogs. Then you find out she's someone that you go out on a date with once and doesn't play any other major part nor are there any more dates afterwards. Anyone else disappointed? You can't say it's false advertising, but damn, they oversold it. She must have cost them a lot of cashola for the minuscule amount of lines she performed.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I gotta wonder what the thinking behind celebrity voice actors is.

"Hey, let's get this popular person to say five minutes' worth of lines and then advertise her as a main character!"

It just sounds so heartless and really seems like a bullet point on a business checklist than something that a person really wanted to do. Where the hell is that Bioshock Infinite voice actor interview? That was pretty good, I'd much rather see someone put actual heart into it than see a popular name stamped on the back of the box!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I think if anyone is getting a game because of famous voice actors then they are opening themselves up to disappointment. Normally when a game's marketing showcases the voice actors it's because the game isn't good and the voice cast is all they have going fot it. Luckily Sleeping Dogs isn't in that category.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

It sounds like they cut a lot of the dating sim out of the game ( I say that having not actually having played the game ). But by the sounds of it a lot of the dialog on some of the dates sounds kinda non nonsensical, I must Imagin that girl you are talking about must have had a bigger role at one time in the production when they hired Emma Stone, and it all must have got cut.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

doesn't surprise me that she is only in a small part of the game.... she is a pretty high demand young actress at the moment.... so they would had to have paid her a big portion of their budget to get her to play a larger role.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258:

Keep in mind there's a (verypredictable) reason behind it all.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Even Lucy Liu's character had multiple appearances. I really would have liked to seen more of Amanda she was a fun character.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By napalm

The date portion of the game really only exists as a way for you to see collectibles.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bybeach

I do not mind some good voice actors in a game, this is finding it's place I think these days. That said, maybe Emma Stones role should have been more for somone upward oriented and aspiring. As for whats-her-name in mass Effect 3, something about that didn't work very well (for me) at all. Had a cheap feel to it.. I do not mean to be rude or mean to her, but she partly brought it upon herself with what the role entailed and her comments about it all afterwards.

Humping a virtual real person..my life just has not had a good feel to it lately. I make myself feel better by listening to 'New Girl friend' via Vinny's tricaster take on that one TNT...kind of pats the whole angst thing into place!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justin258

@Video_Game_King said:

@believer258:

Keep in mind there's a (verypredictable) reason behind it all.

OK, corporations and money - I get the thinking, but I don't think Patrick Stewart helped sell Oblivion. Liam Neeson didn't help sell Fallout 3. Gary Oldman didn't help sell Black Ops and World at War - those games sold so well because they're good games. This sort of thing doesn't seem too have much precedence for really moving copies off of shelves, or is this just something that fat old billionaire farts haven't quite caught up to yet?

I mean, sure, they might sell some, but you'd think that Captain Picard and Oskar Schindler would cost more than you'd make off of their names when it comes to games.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258:

The quality of a game and its sales are not entirely correlated. Besides, to a marketing executive, slapping "Featuring the Voice Talent of Gilbert Gottfried" sounds appealing. It works for TV shows and movies; why not video games?....Or so the logic goes.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Justin258

@Video_Game_King said:

@believer258:

The quality of a game and its sales are not entirely correlated. Besides, to a marketing executive, slapping "Featuring the Voice Talent of Gilbert Gottfried" sounds appealing. It works for TV shows and movies; why not video games?....Or so the logic goes.

Oh, I know that - that's why I mentioned the old billionaire farts, the ones who take five years to figure out that something like this isn't working.

Eh, whatever. Not much to talk about here.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258 said:

the ones who take five years to figure out that something like this isn't working.

Actually, I'm trying to figure out if this is true or not. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find psychological/marketing journals, much less what I'd type into them (celebrity branding effectiveness?).

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Mastercheesey

I was pretty disappointed too but in the end I enjoyed the game very much.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

To be fair I think this site put a little more emphasis on Emma Stone than the actual marketing did.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Really? Man, I keep checking my phone to see if I can call her again. I don't really care THAT much about the character but she seemed cool and I liked the idea of Wei having something else to do other than merc fools. Oh well, at least now I can ignore this shit. NECROMANCY. (Sorry).

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Andorski

Wei Shen was a bit of a slut in the game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By csl316
    @believer258

I gotta wonder what the thinking behind celebrity voice actors is.

"Hey, let's get this popular person to say five minutes' worth of lines and then advertise her as a main character!"

It just sounds so heartless and really seems like a bullet point on a business checklist than something that a person really wanted to do. Where the hell is that Bioshock Infinite voice actor interview? That was pretty good, I'd much rather see someone put actual heart into it than see a popular name stamped on the back of the box!

Well, Saints Row 2 DLC had Tera Patrick giving interviews, 3 had Sasha Gray. I guarantee more people clicked on those videos than they would've on a developer interview. Just based on thumbnails.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.