Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Empire: Total War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

The fifth installment in the Total War series from The Creative Assembly. Empire: Total War features the series' hallmark blend of real-time strategic battles, and turn-based empire building. Empire takes place during the 18th century — an age of imperial expansion, trade, rifles and cannons.

Best game ive played in ages...

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kozzy1234

I have played over 20+hours on the game  and i havnt had ANY crashes or freezes yet.

Its the most addicting strategy game ive ever played and is hands down teh GOTY so far this year. Yes i own Killzone2 and others that have come out this year, but Empire destorys all imo.

Im not even a huge strategy or RTS fan, but this game is EPIC and i cant get enough of it!

9.5/10 for me personally!

Anyone else loving this game?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Important question : Did you ever play any of the other Total War games before?

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain

I think you mean 5 stars...in any case I've found many people who are having incredible difficulty just running the game and are finding their solid gaming rigs torn apart. The disparity here is what worries me more than anything else.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kozzy1234
    Diamond said:
    "Important question : Did you ever play any of the other Total War games before?"
    Yes i own Shogun and Rome!
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond
    kozzy1234 said:
    "Diamond said:
    "Important question : Did you ever play any of the other Total War games before?"
    Yes i own Shogun and Rome!"
    Did you feel it was much different from Rome TW?  I still own it and I didn't like it at all.
    kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kozzy1234
    Diamond said:
    "kozzy1234 said:
    "Diamond said:
    Yes i own Shogun and Rome!"
    Did you feel it was much different from Rome TW?  I still own it and I didn't like it at all."
    I am enjoying Empire the most, with Shogun my 2nd favorite in the series mate.
    If anyone wants to know my specs let me know.  I see alot of people having problems, but at the same time i see alot of people who are runnign the game well and enjoying it alot. Seems to me like ALOT (not all obvisouly) of people having problems are with old labtops that barely reach the minum requirements (I swear they made a mistake on the min system requirements for this game).

I reall fo feel for those who have a pretty good rig and are having problems though, just not sure why me and my two best mates are running the game very well with no crashes.

We did go abck to some older Nvidia drivers though, as the newest ones where not tested with EMPIRE before it was relased.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    Thordain said:
    "I think you mean 5 stars...in any case I've found many people who are having incredible difficulty just running the game and are finding their solid gaming rigs torn apart. The disparity here is what worries me more than anything else."
    try out the demo if you're considering it, it's on Steam.  Pretty heafty mind, 2 gigs worth.

I'm loving Empire,  I own all of the Total War games and this one changed enough to keep me interested.  The simple addition of objectives to do during the campaign gives a sense of purpose which stops me doing what I usually end up doing in Total War games, declare war on everybody and try to beat them all at the same time.

The battles feel a lot more satifying too me.  The solution to every problem is no longer a line of pikes with flanking cavalry.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By thordain
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "Thordain said:
    "I think you mean 5 stars...in any case I've found many people who are having incredible difficulty just running the game and are finding their solid gaming rigs torn apart. The disparity here is what worries me more than anything else."
    try out the demo if you're considering it, it's on Steam.  Pretty heafty mind, 2 gigs worth.
    "
    Played the demo. Awful, worst experience I've ever had with a demo. Before I played it I was psyched for Empires, now I'm wondering if I spent $50 on Rome:TW and a TW game my computer wont be able to run unless it gains super powers.
    kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kozzy1234
    Thordain said:
    "IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "Thordain said:
    "
    Played the demo. Awful, worst experience I've ever had with a demo. Before I played it I was psyched for Empires, now I'm wondering if I spent $50 on Rome:TW and a TW game my computer wont be able to run unless it gains super powers."
    I wasnt a big fan of hte demo either, mainly jsut because of the waiting/loading times. The full version is ALOT better as far as the loading and what not. The demo was a pretty old version of the game ive heard. I honestly gave teh demo a 7 and the full game a 9.5.

Definatly worth giving it a try if you have a decent computer, just dont judge the full game of Empire off of the demo.
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Gunner
    Thordain said:
    "IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "Thordain said:
    "
    Played the demo. Awful, worst experience I've ever had with a demo. Before I played it I was psyched for Empires, now I'm wondering if I spent $50 on Rome:TW and a TW game my computer wont be able to run unless it gains super powers."
    Did you not like the demo because of load times and system lag? Or is it because you didnt like the gameplay?

If it was because of the load times and lag then all of that is way faster in the full version.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By c1337us

I am hearing great things about this game. It got a perfect 10 from HYPER magazine in the latest issue but i havent read that yet.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kozzy1234
    c1337us said:
    "I am hearing great things about this game. It got a perfect 10 from HYPER magazine in the latest issue but i havent read that yet. "
    Definatly worth checking out mate, just dont try it on a old labtop hehe.

If anyone wants to chat about Empire or play some games of it, ADD ME on Xfire! Name = Kozzy420
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maru

I will pick this one up later.  I'm too busy with Dawn of war 2, FEAR 2, and World of Goo.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kozzy1234
    Maru said:
    "I will pick this one up later.  I'm too busy with Dawn of war 2, FEAR 2, and World of Goo."
    Yeah i got Dawn Of War 2 a week before Empire, so im enjoying both games atm hehe. Both are fantastic strategy games imo.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I don't think my computer could handle Empire, but Rome is my favorite in the Total War series.

The_WolfHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_WolfHound

If I have a 2.0 graphic card can I play the game? Like, my computer is probably a year old.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#17  Edited By citizenkane

I need to download this game off of Steam this weekend.  I haven't played a new PC RTS in ages.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kozzy1234
    CitizenKane said:
    "I need to download this game off of Steam this weekend.  I haven't played a new PC RTS in ages."
    Pick it up man, its soooo addicting. Take flies by sooo fast when playing it hehe. Call me hooked (:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.