Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Empire: Total War

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

The fifth installment in the Total War series from The Creative Assembly. Empire: Total War features the series' hallmark blend of real-time strategic battles, and turn-based empire building. Empire takes place during the 18th century — an age of imperial expansion, trade, rifles and cannons.

delete this

GuttlessCashew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By GuttlessCashew

Deleting

GuttlessCashew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By GuttlessCashew

I was just five turns from victory with the Ottomans I autosave and go into another save with the  spainish I come back today to find that my spainish save overwrote my outtomans save

Wouldn't ya think creative assembly would put something in the save feature to prevent something like that from happening

I think I'm taking a break from that game for a long while that is fucking messed up

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Babble
    @GuttlessCashew said:
    " I was just five turns from victory with the Ottomans I autosave and go into another save with the  spainish I come back today to find that my spainish save overwrote my outtomans save Wouldn't ya think creative assembly would put something in the save feature to prevent something like that from happening I think I'm taking a break from that game for a long while that is fucking messed up "
    Have they added a way to delete saves without going into the files? Yeah, Empire: Total War has had some problems.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Wait are you talking about the autosave feature?  That's not a bag, that's how the game works.  If you were talking about the crash bugs or AI glitches then maybe I'd agree with you but I've never heard of anybody having problems with the save game stuff.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

I originally got sick of the path finding, my army would continuously say they can't go some where, when the only thing in the way was.....my own armies.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By mikevanpwn

A lot of games do that, the autosave just saves whatever turn you were last on, it should never be used as a primary save file.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vecta
    @Babble said:
    " @GuttlessCashew said:
    " I was just five turns from victory with the Ottomans I autosave and go into another save with the  spainish I come back today to find that my spainish save overwrote my outtomans save Wouldn't ya think creative assembly would put something in the save feature to prevent something like that from happening I think I'm taking a break from that game for a long while that is fucking messed up "
    Have they added a way to delete saves without going into the files? Yeah, Empire: Total War has had some problems.
    "

They added that in a while back. The most recent patch (1.3) has introduced multi-threading into the game so it should run a lot smoother on computers with more then one CPU core.
    Lethkhar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Lethkhar

So wait, they have a feature in the game that literally saves FOR YOU and you actually want even more help with saving? What do you want them to do, remind you every 2 minutes to save?

If you can't even be bothered to save before you quit the game, there's not a whole lot creative assembly can do to help you. I'm surprised you got that far in the game before you had that problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.