Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ether Saga Online

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 01, 2009

Free to play MMORPG based on Journey to the West from Perfect World Entertainment.

What "FREE" MMORPGs, platform or shooter game are you playing?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By REDRUN

What games that had been offered as "free" are you currently playing at the moment? The reason why this question struck me is because I had been noticing many ad like this game "Ether Saga", "Maple Story" and "Perfect World". What free online game are you playing?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By weltal
    Spelunky - I tend to jump in and play it for 5-10 minutes. Such a great little game.
    MegaTen: Imagine- I just picked this up again (after the being in the beta) and I'll probably get around to playing it some more soon.
    Beyond that nothing else, really.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I play a lot of "free" games but they are usually more akin to Indie games or Quake 3 mods that are using the open-source engine. I dont really play a lot of free MMO's or free shooters unless they are open source engine'd type games. 

Urban Terror - A free FPS running on Id Tech 3 - http://www.urbanterror.net/

Warsow - A free Arena shooter based on (a heavly upgraded) id Tech 2 - http://www.warsow.net/

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst - Quasi-free version of PSO but its taken as legal singe Sega of Japan gave them there server files to important characters from when they shut down there final PSOBB server and Sega of America was going to but they had too many corrupt characters. It runs PSOBB, PSOv2, PSOGC and PSO DC - http://www.schtserv.com/

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGremp

I usually go off and on with a lot of free MMOs...  They never really stick to me.  The last one I played was Perfect World a few months ago.  I might try the Shin Megami MMO though.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

The only free mmo I go back to occasionally really just to run around and explore because I like the universe is Megeten online/SMT online.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Maplestory is a fun MMO but, there is a crap ton of grinding in it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I used to play a tonne of free games, but haven't done in a while. I think sooner or later I'm going to revisit Ragnarok Online now they have a free official server. RO is the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. It's about time I went back to it.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By REDRUN
    MattyFTM said:
    "I used to play a tonne of free games, but haven't done in a while. I think sooner or later I'm going to revisit Ragnarok Online now they have a free official server. RO is the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. It's about time I went back to it."
    Hahaha, I played allot of Ragnarok Online. I quit when it got out of beta and we had to pay to play. I miss Rags now as well.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    REDRUN said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "I used to play a tonne of free games, but haven't done in a while. I think sooner or later I'm going to revisit Ragnarok Online now they have a free official server. RO is the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. It's about time I went back to it."
    Hahaha, I played allot of Ragnarok Online. I quit when it got out of beta and we had to pay to play. I miss Rags now as well."
    I originally played it on free unofficial servers. I was considering moving over to the official pay to play servers, because I was having such fun with it, but got distracted by exams and stuff, and stopped playing all together. I never got around to playing it again. Now that they have a free official server, there really isn't anything stopping me from getting back to it. I've got to get around to it again.
    inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inkeiren

The only free game I play right now is S4 League. The voice overs are annoying and such, but it's a fun, ephemeral "doritos" game.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG
    Quake Live. It's a free, in-browser Quake II Arena, and it oh-so-aweosme.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By bwooduhs

When i was younger i played Neopets religiously. I have been playing the beta for Battlefield Heroes lately.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Runes of Magic, it's really deep for a free game, I just started playing again this weekend, my first time since the end of beta.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Optiow

I am playing the Ogame if that counts?

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKHavoc

I think Dungeon Runners is one of the better free MMOs out there.  I like the way that the game doesn't take itself very seriously.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By REDRUN
    Ossi said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "REDRUN said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    Hahaha, I played allot of Ragnarok Online. I quit when it got out of beta and we had to pay to play. I miss Rags now as well."
    I originally played it on free unofficial servers. I was considering moving over to the official pay to play servers, because I was having such fun with it, but got distracted by exams and stuff, and stopped playing all together. I never got around to playing it again. Now that they have a free official server, there really isn't anything stopping me from getting back to it. I've got to get around to it again."
    Ragnarok Online is probably the only MMO that has stuck with me in terms of style and ease of play. Ever since the first open beta I've had in installed on some computer in my house, playing it on and off. 2H Sword Knight FTW!"
    Is there any guild support features added to the game like WoW?
    HobbitJacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By HobbitJacob

Ive been playing Ether Saga. Its actually pretty good haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.