Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

$5 Greenman Gaming Deal

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Turambar
    Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stimpack

20% off with voucher codeGMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA

You mean $4!

*edit* Also if you jumped on a buddy trial (The 21 day trial) you are not eligible for activation via starter pack. You will have to pay the $15 + $5 activation fee. It's shitty, I know!

*edit II* Actually I need further verification on this. I read somewhere, in an official capacity, that starter packs cannot be used on 21-day trial accounts, but now I'm reading that it just makes the recruiter ineligible for the PLEX reward. If anyone has an answer for this, let me know!

*edit III* Starter packs do indeed work just fine with 21-day buddy trials. They just won't get the PLEX reward.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It says in the description "Using the Starter Pack to upgrade trial accounts created with the EVE Online Buddy Program makes the inviting player ineligible for a reward" and I'm willing to trust them. They make it easy when it's only £3.

I've been really into the trial so I think I'll jump on this. Thanks for the heads up!

rubzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rubzo

Cheers duders, I'll leave my CD key lying around until my trial account expires!

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By musclerider

@rubzo: Activating your key will just add the time to the remaining amount of time on your trial account.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stimpack said:

20% off with voucher codeGMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA

You mean $4!

*edit* Also if you jumped on a buddy trial (The 21 day trial) you are not eligible for activation via starter pack. You will have to pay the $15 + $5 activation fee. It's shitty, I know!

*edit II* Actually I need further verification on this. I read somewhere, in an official capacity, that starter packs cannot be used on 21-day trial accounts, but now I'm reading that it just makes the recruiter ineligible for the PLEX reward. If anyone has an answer for this, let me know!

Not true. I used one with my 21-day trial.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar: Yep, I bought it a little while ago and it worked out just fine =) I'll just edit my post.

rubzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@musclerider: Yeah, I worked that out later, although I'm going on holiday for a week the day before my trial expires, so I'm still gonna wait. Cheers, though!

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By connerthekewlkid

So i assume i probably cant use this if i bought the base game and used the 30 days that came with the Inferno expansion?

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stimpack

@connerthekewlkid: If you're asking whether or not you can use this after having already bought the game and used the time, then no. Starter packs can only be used on either new account or upgrading trials.

If you're cool with starting over or you just want to try the game out again and test the waters, I would suggest just going with the 21-day trial and then maybe either purchase the starter pack for $4 and get 51 days in total game time, or renew your old account. Either way, it's great having people around and the more Giant Bomb duders, the merrier!

kellzors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kellzors

Redeemed this last night with no problem, thank for sharing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.