Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

Giantbomb Corp?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

Is there still a Giantbomb corp around? I saw an older thread on this forum where people were talking about making a GB corp, but that was awhile ago. Wasn't sure if it was still up and running or not. I was thinking about giving this game another shot, and it would be nice to have some people to play with since I'm still newbish, and completely overwhelmed by this game.

Thanks!

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

i'm way into giantbomb and it's community, i'm also way into eve. 

There no way on earth i'd join a corp in eve with dudes from giantbomb XD

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MAST
    @jadeskye said:
    "There no way on earth i'd join a corp in eve with dudes from giantbomb XD "
    Errm... Ok.

Any suggestions on a corp I could, or should join then?
    Sacerdos87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sacerdos87

I run a small corp in EVE called Cronus Miners. It's mostly a mining corp. There is a thread with the info in this forum, it has all the info about us but if you have any other questions ask away. Besides that you can try to go into the recruitment channel in EVE or look at the forums on the official website for recruitment. Everybody is looking for new blood since the game itself already has a dedicated players but few new comers.

AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AnnonOMous

UK Players can look up my corp current Knights Industrial and Rest of the World can apply to my old corp Anti-Macro Decimation.  Both corps are vPVE and Industry.  Anti-Macro Decimation have alot of PvP contacts.  If applying, say my name.  No promises either corp will hire you but you never know.

Also, in-game I'm AnnonOMous.  Same as here.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By harris
    @MAST: I ran a Giant Bomb corp almost two years ago, now. It's long gone, but last I checked the "giantbomb" channel still had a few people kicking around in it. Might want to check in there!
    Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Nentisys

If you really wanna learn the ropes you really should look into Eve University.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAST
    @Nentisys said:
    " If you really wanna learn the ropes you really should look into Eve University. "
    I thought about joining EvE Uni, but it just seems so impersonal. I want a corp of people that I can be friends with, and EvE Uni seems more like a school/job than a corp of buddies. Plus, there's a bunch of hoops you have to jump through to apply, and it has a long waiting period before you get accepted. It just seems like a big hassle, I dunno... /shrug
    Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Nentisys
    @MAST said:
    " @Nentisys said:
    " If you really wanna learn the ropes you really should look into Eve University. "
    I thought about joining EvE Uni, but it just seems so impersonal. I want a corp of people that I can be friends with, and EvE Uni seems more like a school/job than a corp of buddies. Plus, there's a bunch of hoops you have to jump through to apply, and it has a long waiting period before you get accepted. It just seems like a big hassle, I dunno... /shrug "

True but finding that group of people you can be friends with is really hard. I went through a few corps that were just... well we didn't do stuff together, we weren't on voice chat, etc. Then met some people and rolled with them but they joined a shitty alliance...

I left and joined up with a group that is all Finnish (im finnish), and its GREAT. 95% of people are in same timezone, being able to speak your mother tongue really eases communication, especially on voice chat. Been playing with them only a few months yet I feel so close to many of them. We have had IRL meets, which is awesome too.

Dunno where you are from but many folks from less populous countries have kind joined up ingame. ie: The Polaris Syndicate (finnish), Romanian Legion, X13 (danish), etc. Or communities like Dreddit, SomethingAwful, etc.

It can be hard to find a good group, but when you find it... Its awesome, so keep going!

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dtat
    @Sacerdos87: Hey I just started playing Eve, and I was wondering if you want some new people in your corp. As you can imagine, I'm still pretty lost at this point. Seems like a pretty steep learning curve. But regardless, I'm going for an exploration/mining career.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.