EXCITE BIKE WORLD RALLY...

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#1 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

...HEADS TO WIIWARE :-D

Video 50 seconds in. Looks like like the original but in 3D :-D

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
#2 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -

Oh Al3xand3r, how I look forward to your inevitable Wii game hype!

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#3 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

What? There are people who think Excitebike isn't worthy of hype? I don't want to know you then. Thanks for the contribution and bye.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
#4 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -
@Al3xand3r: Lol I wasn't saying I'm not excited, I'm merely saying that you are the sole source of news coverage on the Wii for me.
Avatar image for meowayne
#5 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -

I would be excited, but TrialsHD kinda perfected the essence of Excitebike.
 
But then again, I only played the Gameboy-Excitebike.

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#6 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

Well okay then :-P

@Meowayne said:

" I would be excited, but TrialsHD kinda perfected the essence of Excitebike.  But then again, I only played the Gameboy-Excitebike. "


Nah, to me it doesn't even feel like Trials (2, not HD for me, but it seems to be the same thing anyway) is racing...
Avatar image for nanikore
#7 Posted by nanikore (2755 posts) -

That's an ugly haircut.

Avatar image for linkyshinks
#8 Edited by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -

Those two make me want to throw up... I hate these cringe worthy promotional videos Nintendo are making. 
 
The game looks awesome, it should be a lot of fun. 

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#9 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

Pft, I think they're doing a good job promoting games the majority wouldn't glance at, like Castlevania Rebirth (see the other thread). What did you expect them, to hire someone like Jeff or something? The writers of their dialogue at least seem to know what they're talking about even if they present it in this casual friendly way, which personally I'm fine with as long as we also have footage.

Avatar image for jjor64
#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19685 posts) -

That's awesome but, where is my Ice Climbers game?

Avatar image for rallier
#11 Posted by Rallier (1947 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" Those two make me want to throw up... I hate these cringe worthy promotional videos Nintendo are making.
And how...
 
The game looks great, online multiplayer was quite a surprise.
Avatar image for claude
#12 Posted by Claude (16651 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" Those two make me want to throw up... I hate these cringe worthy promotional videos Nintendo are making.  The game looks awesome, it should be a lot of fun.  "
Yeah, besides the bad saccharine sweat announcing promotional team, the game looks great. The sound, that's Exitebike, track editor, check, online... check... What? Sounds like fun.
 
Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii, I would be real happy. Maybe this is a sign of things to come.
Avatar image for al3xand3r
#13 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -
@Claude said:

"Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii, I would be real happy. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. "

Eh? This is Excitebike for the Wii.
Avatar image for claude
#14 Posted by Claude (16651 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" @Claude said:

"Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii, I would be real happy. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. "

Eh? This is Excitebike for the Wii. "
This is Excitebike for WiiWare. I want Excitebike for my Wii... Wii. You know, like Excitebike 64.
Avatar image for linkyshinks
#15 Posted by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -

I think he means something akin to Excite Truck or the earlier game on N64.

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#16 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

Oh. Well there's Excite Truck and Excitebots (still not in Europe the latter, WTF)...

Avatar image for meowayne
#17 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -
@Claude said:
Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii

Avatar image for out_on_bail
#18 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1581 posts) -

Awesome, I can look forward to this. Excitebike was awesome in it's time, a new one would be great.

Avatar image for claude
#19 Edited by Claude (16651 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:

" Oh. Well there's Excite Truck and Excitebots (still not in Europe the latter, WTF)... "

I played Excite Truck it was pretty cool and Excitebots seems fun as well. I can't believe Excitebots isn't in Europe.
 
What's the price going to be for Excite Bike World Rally? 1000 Wii Points? This game does look like fun. I remember many hours being spent with Excite Bike on my NES, good times.
Avatar image for al3xand3r
#20 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

Well the max price seems to be 1500, this will probably be 1000 or more?

Avatar image for godwind
#21 Posted by Godwind (2925 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" Those two make me want to throw up... I hate these cringe worthy promotional videos Nintendo are making.  "
I would disagree.  With their half-assed studio and low budget acting makes me laugh.
Avatar image for bonbolapti
#22 Posted by bonbolapti (1731 posts) -

it's about time
Avatar image for willy105
#23 Posted by Willy105 (4915 posts) -
@Claude said:

" @Al3xand3r said:

" @Claude said:

"Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii, I would be real happy. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. "

Eh? This is Excitebike for the Wii. "
This is Excitebike for WiiWare. I want Excitebike for my Wii... Wii. You know, like Excitebike 64. "
Here you go:
 
 
 
Same developer from Excitebike 64.
 
Also, there is no difference in WiiWare and Wii games. Just file size and how they are distributed.
Avatar image for nanikore
#24 Posted by nanikore (2755 posts) -
@Willy105: Ninetendo used the word ass in one of its trailers?! You'd think they would make it E for everyone to make more dough.
Avatar image for linkyshinks
#25 Posted by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @Claude said:

" @Al3xand3r said:

" @Claude said:

"Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii, I would be real happy. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. "

Eh? This is Excitebike for the Wii. "
This is Excitebike for WiiWare. I want Excitebike for my Wii... Wii. You know, like Excitebike 64. "
Here you go:
 
 
  Same developer from Excitebike 64.  Also, there is no difference in WiiWare and Wii games. Just file size and how they are distributed. "
 
 
You say, "just the file size", like it's some trivial thing. You wont get the likes of Excitebike in it's last 3D incarnation with the meagre file sizes Nintendo allow developers to use on WiiWare. When Claude says he wants it on Wii, he means disc based on Wii, because a disc based game can only bring about the 3D game he wants. 
Avatar image for willy105
#26 Posted by Willy105 (4915 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" @Willy105 said:

" @Claude said:

" @Al3xand3r said:

" @Claude said:

"Now if I could only get Excitebike made for the Wii, I would be real happy. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. "

Eh? This is Excitebike for the Wii. "
This is Excitebike for WiiWare. I want Excitebike for my Wii... Wii. You know, like Excitebike 64. "
Here you go:
 
 
  Same developer from Excitebike 64.  Also, there is no difference in WiiWare and Wii games. Just file size and how they are distributed. "
  You say, "just the file size", like it's some trivial thing. You wont get the likes of Excitebike in it's last 3D incarnation with the meagre file sizes Nintendo allow developers to use on WiiWare. When Claude says he wants it on Wii, he means disc based on Wii, because a disc based game can only bring about the 3D game he wants.  "
File sizes ARE trivial things.
 
Excitebike 64 was not larger than 40 MB, which I think is the size limit for WiiWare games. In fact, it was most likely about half of that. The things that make file sizes so ridiculously large are the pre-rendered cutscenes or videos or MP3 music. It it doesn't fit on a CD-ROM, then there's a lot of superflous things the developers added to make the game "impressive".
Avatar image for al3xand3r
#27 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

File size is not trivial. But anyway, a full-on game like a "proper" Excitebike 64 sequel (meh, go play Excite Truck/Bots dudes) couldn't be on WiWare because the effort it would take would warrant a $50 retail release rather than a $10 online release. So, does it matter if you get Excitebike 128 on WiiWare or on disc, as long as you actually get it? I heard Nitrobike is pretty bad.

Avatar image for drebin_893
#28 Posted by Drebin_893 (3176 posts) -

OH MY GOD CAPS.

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#29 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -
Avatar image for willy105
#30 Posted by Willy105 (4915 posts) -

For a game this simple, it's polish or bust.

Avatar image for claude
#31 Posted by Claude (16651 posts) -

You guys must have never played Excitebike 64. There were none of these crazy power ups and jumps and stuff. It was a straight up racer. Even the hill climb took patience and skill. Nitrobike, Excitebots and Excite Truck are all arcade racers. I never really compared Excitebike 64 to the NES version. 
 
I do like this version though. It would be a nice addition to my small WiiWare collection.

Avatar image for al3xand3r
#32 Posted by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

There definitely were jumps, and the boost function with the temperature risk of overuse.

Avatar image for teflonbilly
#33 Edited by TeflonBilly (4742 posts) -

I do not approve of this isometric angle and I certainly do NOT approve of those two "people"
 
I HAVE DRAWN THE LINE AND WILL NOT STEP OVER IT! DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Avatar image for thegreatguero
#34 Posted by TheGreatGuero (8881 posts) -

I don't like the new angled perspective much from the video, but it looks like they have a classic perspective too, so that's good. I'm not too crazy about the whole Excite Truck style instant jump creator thing they got going on, but maybe it makes the game more exciting. Either way, it looks like a decent remake of the original. Kinda standard and basic, but it looks pretty true to the original just with new 3D graphics. I'd consider getting it, but if it really doesn't add much to the NES formula, then I don't think it should be priced over $5. Anyone know the price of this game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.