Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F-Zero X

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 14, 1998

Nintendo's fast-paced sci-fi racing series is brought into full 3D for the Nintendo 64, with a revamped sense of speed, updated modes (including split-screen multiplayer), and wilder track layouts.

This game is coming to Nintendo Switch Online by March 11th

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there futuristic racing fans!

When I was browsing through Nintendo's official YouTube channel, then I saw this trailer so I decided to make this thread for you guys to share your thoughts on this.

To me, this is the best 90's futuristic racer that features hover vehicles, travelling at high speed, requiring a lot of techniques including power sliding on sharp angle corners and the players must maintain the vehicle energy/condition after using boost or colliding but they can run over recharge lane to replenish it as they continue to race.

Edit: Traxion has posted their article for this game as well! F-Zero X coming to Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass this week | Traxion

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 chamurai  Online

It's finally coming and I'm excited!

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

Yup, can't wait for it! Although I still play it on the N64 occasionally. I even wrote a retro 5- star review for this game.

"WOW! YOU'RE WAY OUT IN FRONT!"

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retrogimp: Don't forget about the other quotes like "You got boost power!", "Yeah, the final lap!" and "Finish! oh, right 1st place!".

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chamurai said:

It's finally coming and I'm excited!

I hope you will have fun with this legendary game!

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great game. I'd kill for a 30-player multiplayer version of the death race. It's kinda like a battle royale before it was cool.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I skipped over this one, and most of my time with F-Zero was with GX on the GameCube. Does F-Zero X have a track editor standard, or was that only in the 64DD version? Also is there a lot to this game, or is F-Zero GX a more definitive version of the 3D F-Zero games?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By FacelessVixen

@bisonhero: I mean, sure, but... And the odds of Nintendo adding GameCube to Online don't seem favorable due to Nintendo being Nintendo, and people are still getting their Steam Decks.

*in the voice of GTA:SA Ryder* Let's just bask in the silence of victory.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: The track editor and car creator for F-Zero X came as part of its expansion kit on the 64DD, only in Japan/Asia.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has the N64 emulation improved since launch, do they have remappable buttons? I was on the fence about subbing but the poor state of it pushed me away.

Never played this version of F-Zero but loved the GameCube one.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wollywoo
    @bisonhero said:

I skipped over this one, and most of my time with F-Zero was with GX on the GameCube. Does F-Zero X have a track editor standard, or was that only in the 64DD version? Also is there a lot to this game, or is F-Zero GX a more definitive version of the 3D F-Zero games?

No track editor on the N64 version. Not sure about 64DD version. I'd say GX is the superior game overall but X has a lot to offer and has its own distinct feel - it's just a different beast. X is actually simpler and a bit easier as I recall so it would be a good place to jump in for someone new to the series, or I guess for someone like you or who haven't played it in years. GX is notoriously difficult. And obviously GX is much sleeker looking, but X's simplicity and lack of clutter works to its advantage as it's very easy to recognize what is happening which is important in such a blisteringly fast game. In conclusion, play X, it's great. (I haven't actually played this game since around the time it came out, but I imagine it's aged pretty well.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.