Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F1 2010

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Developed by Codemasters and using the Ego engine, Formula One 2010 is the first truly next generation F1 game that contains all the cars, drivers and tracks from the 2010 season, putting a heavy emphasis on simulating real life weather effects.

Reviews

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sander
    News: F1 2010 review in OPM - 9/10 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
    Here is another from The National Newspaper - 5/5
    OXM UK Magazine - 8/10
    GamesMaster Magazine - 90/100
    Xbox Magazine Italia - 9.2/10

Another review score in, Marcaplayer Spain’s biggest multi-format mag, gives the game a 9.3!
    Quote:
    “Graphically, it’s spectacular, almost perfect”

“F1 2010 manages to catch our eye, to seduce us by its playability and to hook us by the realism of each race”
    “The best possible return for F1”

Games Aktuell Score: 88% (german print magazine)
    Gamesreactor Sweden - 8/10
    Playmania (spanish magazine) review score: 93%
    IGN Review - 8.5/10
    HardGame2 : Análisis : F1 20109/10 (Spanish site. Translating in google makes it fairly understandable)
    PlayStationFront Scores F1 2010 92% - German site translated for you here
    F1 2010 - Análisis PlayStation 3 en MERISTATION8.5/10
    F1 2010 im Test: Weder Hardcore-Simulation, noch Arcade - Von beidem das Beste87%
    Test: F1 2010 - Würdige Rückkehr der Königsklasse - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 - Wertung88%
    Comments | F1 2010 (Xbox 360) review | NowGamer7/10
    Formula 1 2010 Review | Edge Magazine8/10
    F1 2010 - Juego PS3 - Análisis8,9/10
    CVG F1 2010 Game Review - 9/10
    Eurogamer - 8/10 
      F1 2010 Review | IncGamers 9.2/10 

Source: SynGamer 

There are more but I think we get the picture: Very good, nearly great.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Rio

Nice, some pretty nice reviews here.  I will likely pick it up largely for my interest in the career mode they have made.  Little things like radio information from engineers and what not have me pretty excited for it.  Building up your career from low budget teams seems like a great option to have as well.

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tofford

I have got quite into F1 lately but not sure if this is enough to persuade me. Forza may have to do

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hockeymask27

One day i hope it gets a NA release. Being from Montreal I love driving around the hometown circuit. I still play my N64 F1 game sometimes. 
    Edit: Never mind its slated for the 21st sweet.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

im a big indy fan and a now a somewhat codemasters fan.... so im going to be getting this. i've been waiting for a f1/indy game to release!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel

Does it have the Red Bull team or no?  I've been hearing mixed from people...

Bolthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bolthor

Cool, It's been a while since I played a good F1 game.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadows_kill
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Does it have the Red Bull team or no?  I've been hearing mixed from people... "
    they are in a game trailer for it so i dont see why it wouldnt be......
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Devil240Z

game unlocks at about 10am tomorrow on steam! gonna be fun!

m0nty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By m0nty

Interesting that the US gets this game first as It's probably the least supportive locale for F1. Europe has been screaming for this game yet the overwhelming reaction from most of the US is subdued.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By abdo
    @KaosAngel: 

It should have all the teams from the 2010 season.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

...man, it's a shame this is such a solid game.  If GT5 wasn't coming out in a month I'd pick it up in a heartbeat, I need a F1 sim...but GT5 takes care of that.   

@abdo: @shadows_kill: This is the few things that makes f1-2010 better than GT5, it has all the teams and is geared towards F1.  Damnit, I'll have to pick it up on sale...it looks and feels amazing from what I heard.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Bouke
    @KaosAngel:
    I'm in the same boat as you (waiting on GT5) but i'm pretty sure F1 2010 will be better then the F1 in GT5. The same goes for the WRC racing in GT5 which will probably be outdone by the Dirt series. Honestly i hope the different diciplines in GT5 are great, but i have my doubts... previous GT games have had rally racing (which wasn't that good) and i would think that a game which focusses on one type of racing would be better, but we'll have to wait and see.  Looks like F1 2010 really captures the feeling of F1 and even has you giving interviews and stuff!
    Talon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Talon64

One of the things GT5 will have over F1 2010 is an Adrian Newey-designed virtual F1 car that doesn't have to comply with F1 regulations. It reportedly breaks the Suzuka F1 track record by 20 seconds! 

But yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on this!

m0nty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By m0nty
    @Talon64 said:
    " One of the things GT5 will have over F1 2010 is an Adrian Newey-designed virtual F1 car that doesn't have to comply with F1 regulations. It reportedly breaks the Suzuka F1 track record by 20 seconds!   But yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on this! "
    Virtual car? It breaks nothing if it doesn't actually exist. I've designed a plane that can fly around the world in an hour. It just hasn't been built yet. And wait till you see my invisible iPhone beater.

Adrian Newey is busy with RBR. Do you honestly think he took the time to develop a full purpose built car for GT5? It's PR rubbish to sell to the countless mindless masses that follow that game like Lemmings. Congratulations. You bought it!
    m0nty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By m0nty

I can't take one of those reviewers seriously after playing this game. Career mode is unplayable with > 20% race distance. Qualifying is a waste of time half the time due to buggy sector 3 tracking and dynamic weather? BAH! The AI will drive just as fast on option tyres in the wet as it does on prime tyres in the dry.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZimboDK
    @m0nty: That's the thing. The game feels great the first few days, and then you start noticing the glaring bugs. It has a great first impression. I stopped playing it because of the bugs and the arcade driving model. Same thing happened with Grid, Dirt and Dirt 2.
    m0nty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By m0nty
    @ZimboDK said:
    " @m0nty: That's the thing. The game feels great the first few days, and then you start noticing the glaring bugs. It has a great first impression. I stopped playing it because of the bugs and the arcade driving model. Same thing happened with Grid, Dirt and Dirt 2. "
    I'm gonna keep it in the hope that it gets patched over the coming months. I'm just shocked that I've dropped it so quickly in favour of Dead Rising 2 of all things. I really didn't like the first one, but Case Zero just clicked for me.
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Sander
    @Talon64 said:
    " One of the things GT5 will have over F1 2010 is an Adrian Newey-designed virtual F1 car that doesn't have to comply with F1 regulations. It reportedly breaks the Suzuka F1 track record by 20 seconds!   But yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on this! "
    Damn. Link?

Speaking of Suzuka, I wonder why in games like GT and Forza, they haven't taken out the 130R like they've done in real life. Definitely not complaining but just seems to go against the realism factor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.