Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

did I do the first quest the only correct way? [spoiler]

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

Sorry for the not very explanatory title.

I'm playing fable now (not right now), I did the first quest and I think it was the only completely correct way of behaving, but I don't know if the game understood that, so here I am asking.

As you may know, there are two people kidnapped by a group of bandits. You kill the bandits and you get the key to open their jail. So far so good. But then a man appears claiming they are his slaves and that you should give him the key for some gold.

Being the honorable citizen I am I could not stole a property of this man, so I gave him the key, Theresa thought I was bad and reprimanded me, but she was acting too fast (that's why I don't know if the game considered following actions). As soon as I gave the key to this man I returned to the previous situation, two people were kidnapped and a 'bandit' had the key of the jail, so I killed the owner of the key, as nobody claimed the ownership of anything this time I proceeded to using the key to open the jail, so those two people were free again.

So... do you think the designers of the game considered this possible outcome? Because this is the best solution to this problem I can think about and developers should have considered it. You opinion plz.

Thx.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MrSnow

What

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tylea002
    @Trylks: You...free them? Thats what I did. Don't hand over a key to a cage with people in it to a person saying "I OWN THEM." Its not actually morally correct.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

You really need to work on your grammar. saying things like "I could not stole a property of this man" makes you sound mentally challenged. From what I am gathering you are asking whether the designers of the game meant for you to do different things. Short answer is "Yes" Longer answer is, "Yes, and why the hell do you think there couldn't be more than one way of completing a task?"

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MrRedwine

Actually, in my view, the game should have taken away "honor" from you for giving the slaves over and taking the guys money, then taken away more for killing the slave owner and taking his key.  Then it should have restored some "honor" for freeing the slaves.  I think, on the whole, you should be down here

-1 condoning slaver
    -1 murder
    +1 freeing slaves

that is if all things are equal (which they are not)

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trylks
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " You really need to work on your grammar. saying things like "I could not stole a property of this man" makes you sound mentally challenged.
    I may sound mentally challenged or not native English speaker. In any case, thank you for the advice, all are welcome. I wanted to emphatize that they are alledgelly his property, any way to paraphrase it? That would be great :)

About the several endings of quests in the game, usually there are two, one is good and one is bad, I chose both, I've kept playing and it is being hard to choose both or alternate solutions in other quests, endings are a little too closed.

@Tylea002:
    I did both things, I gave him the key, murdered him and then freed the slaves.

@MrRedwine:
    I think the game considered both endings, that's +30 and -30, I don't know if the murder counted, I think it didn't.

BTW: the priest in the temple of shadows is strangely immortal, right? Shadows are quite almighty....
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bubahula
    @Trylks said:  

i think i found your problem. helping a slaver is NOT a good thing!

Being the honorable citizen I am I could not stole a property of this man, so I gave him the key,  
    trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trylks

But he is not a slaver until he has the slaves, i.e. the key, then is when I killed him. Before having the key he is an "allegedly"/"potential"/ "wannabe"/"choose a term" slaver, but not an actual slaver. It is supposed to be fable, not minority report, people make too many assumptions:

Source:  http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/10/19/
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan
    @Trylks said:
    "But he is not a slaver until he has the slaves, i.e. the key, then is when I killed him. Before having the key he is an "allegedly"/"potential"/ "wannabe"/"choose a term" slaver, but not an actual slaver. It is supposed to be fable, not minority report, people make too many assumptions:

Source:  http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/10/19/ "

You are overthinking it.  Look at the character:  if he has a black cloak and looks evil, do the opposite of what he says.  I've played the game so I'm not just talking out my ass.
    trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trylks

Thinking is fun...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.