Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Quick Thoughts of Fable 2: Late to the Party

MeatXbeatsXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Edited By MeatXbeatsXman

I never felt any of my decisions carried any weight. The fact that you can easily reverse any decision you make desensitized me from any potential emotional response. If you kill a crowd of people, just run to another and and let out a big, sloppy fart to negate it. Disguising the stench of blood, with my special, pungent butt-musk that I'm sure the masses would've loved to keep on their altar to me. It never demands your commitment to any of the decisions you make; You may decide to take the good guy route and disobey your insipid captors, yet be drained of your experience. Though, no worries. When you get back in town you can purchase potions chock-full of the stuff! Now that I think about it, the Fable series is kind of a linear sanbox. Like if you just filled a flowerbed with sand, and then threw in some swords and ugly people with cockney accents, you have Fable.
         There all of these deus-ex machina throughout the game, yet in its conclusion it decides to betray the common knowledge it had ingrained up to that point. For those who may have not played it, and intend to; I won't spoil it. All I can say is that the choice I made left me pretty pissed. Either I had a legitimate beef as to how the game had strung me along up to this point, or I'm incapable to make meaningful decisions and live with them. I'm leaning towards the former.
         I still enjoy the Fable games, but more for the fact that they're fun games, something I'm sure Mr. Molyneux wouldn't be fully ecstatic about.

MeatXbeatsXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MeatXbeatsXman

I never felt any of my decisions carried any weight. The fact that you can easily reverse any decision you make desensitized me from any potential emotional response. If you kill a crowd of people, just run to another and and let out a big, sloppy fart to negate it. Disguising the stench of blood, with my special, pungent butt-musk that I'm sure the masses would've loved to keep on their altar to me. It never demands your commitment to any of the decisions you make; You may decide to take the good guy route and disobey your insipid captors, yet be drained of your experience. Though, no worries. When you get back in town you can purchase potions chock-full of the stuff! Now that I think about it, the Fable series is kind of a linear sanbox. Like if you just filled a flowerbed with sand, and then threw in some swords and ugly people with cockney accents, you have Fable.
         There all of these deus-ex machina throughout the game, yet in its conclusion it decides to betray the common knowledge it had ingrained up to that point. For those who may have not played it, and intend to; I won't spoil it. All I can say is that the choice I made left me pretty pissed. Either I had a legitimate beef as to how the game had strung me along up to this point, or I'm incapable to make meaningful decisions and live with them. I'm leaning towards the former.
         I still enjoy the Fable games, but more for the fact that they're fun games, something I'm sure Mr. Molyneux wouldn't be fully ecstatic about.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AngeTheDude

I'm also late to the party on this. I bought the game a little after release and only recently started getting into it. Mr. Molyneux deserves to make one of the greatest games of all time but his games aren't more than awesome concepts/sandboxes for players to enjoy.

T00MuchSteeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By T00MuchSteeze
    @AngeTheDude said:
    " I'm also late to the party on this. I bought the game a little after release and only recently started getting into it. Mr. Molyneux deserves to make one of the greatest games of all time but his games aren't more than awesome concepts/sandboxes for players to enjoy. "
    Same here. Just beat the main story and started the DLC this week. i thought it was a great game. It has it's moments but overall It's great. So much to do in that game. I'm still going around getting Demon Doors and stuff. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.