Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Terrifically disappointed by Fable II

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

I still want to play it eventually, although I didn't get much pleasure out of Fable.  I expect Fable II to be better for some reason.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mattysen

I thought Fable 2 was awesome, the only part I didnt like about it was it had this feeling that it was on rails most of the time. Like far to liner for a game thats all about choices. Any way if your girl ends up ugly i guess thats a moral off Fable to not create a charcter out of sexual attraction. Another with the troll, it wasnt that hard to keep your guy maxed out at evey thing. 

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By NickM

Don't fuck with the dog.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
    NickM said:
    "Don't fuck with the dog."
    Was that an option?  Wow, it really is an adult game :-)
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus
    rhrgrt said:
    "Fable II sucked. "
    This is incorrect information.

Oh, use your daggers spell on the trolls.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really loved Fable II, but I thought the combat system was excellent. If you don't like it at all, you are going to get different perspectives than others. Also, the fights can sometimes get repetitious, but, hey, it is a combat RPG, it is bound to happen in a game like this.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

I never played Fable II, but I did play the original. I was one of those gamers who was really swept up by the hype Molyneux put out there...

And then my soul was crushed! NEVER AGAIN, PETER, NEVER AGAIN! =*(

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killdave

I really liked Fable 2, one of my best games of last year.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Ok, you were disappointed by being a strong woman? Dude...you got some issues.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would say Fable II is good. I don't think it necessarily lived up to the hype but it was a good game none the less.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By mracoon

I'd never played Fable so I didn't really have any expectations going in to the game (apart from all the hype created by peter molenuex, but I tend to ignore that). I thought the game was great and my only real complaint was with the combat, which got a bit too repetitive for me. Apart from the I thought the rest of the game was brilliant, it had a great setting and a lot of sidequests so I was always occupied and didn't mind travelling around.

valkyrion87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valkyrion87

i got this from a friend the other day since he has been raving about it, it not bad but its no fallout3 (which i like alot more). its fun, nothing has seriously irked me about it yet  and tbh its just a timewaster until i get rock band II in the next few days.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Reuben

Fable 2 was great, It was short unfortunately but there was lots to do besides the main story that had me playing for a long time anyway. My gf even got into it and beat the game, The only thing she had to say was that she wishes the main story was longer.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By jmrwacko

I'm on quite the opposite spectrum than the OP. I hated Fable 1... thought it was too linear and way too short. Fable II was more open ended and you could better customize your character (although you just ended up as a muscle freak with glowing veins by the end, anyway). I was a little disappointed by Fable II's ending relative to the rest of the game, though, but that disappointment didn't have to do with the first game.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Pie
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "I really loved Fable II, but I thought the combat system was excellent. If you don't like it at all, you are going to get different perspectives than others. Also, the fights can sometimes get repetitious, but, hey, it is a combat RPG, it is bound to happen in a game like this."
    Dude you are an idiot. The combat was craptacular and fable was far better (more spells)
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ectoplasma
    I'm just 5 hours in yet but I think the game is way better than the "harcore gamer scene" makes it. It's, here I agree complete with TheSmilingDude, about having fun. It is  a fairy tale with adventerous options, it's not a game which is "fun to beat", because, yeah, it's way to easy if you approach it like this. 
    In parts, it really reminds me of Ultima 7. I love the voice acting and the graphics and the things there are to discover but stats and tactics fall mainly under the table. And the game is different and adorable, I don't think a lot of games can claim this. I have to repeat, I was highly skeptical because everywhere Peter M was just being bashed for being an overconfident idiot when the game came out, but I think he did pretty well with this title. 
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By keyhunter

Peter Moleneux's promises were a fable!

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Scieran

In my opinion (only played alittle bit of it) the gameplay, story is quite decent but lacks... more options. It's kinda like a one-way system where no matter how stupid you are, it directly leads you to the quest objective and the paths are really built to look like one way which eliminates he chances for free roam or something like: "nah this quest sucks.. ima move on and do something else."

Besides the fact that the game is quite literally built for simply minded people, not a game that elaborates on a system.. otherwise known as "decisions and consequences" yes there is in this game but it's very concise - just two options unlike Oblivion or The Witcher which has a SHIT load of options and a variety of endings.. you know. The game is kinda alright on the other aspects: taunt system, storyline.. buying houses? etc .. I kinda mean, everything else is OK. Sadly the end bit is kinda rushed from what i've been told.

c0ncubine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By c0ncubine

A lot of my friends said this game was very good, so I rented it, and about an hour or two into the game, I come across a tower where my quest is and it literally takes me half an hour to kill people because apparently it was my mistake to invent into magic, where I can't charge my spell because I get hit before it's finished.

warp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warp

I didnt outright hate Fable II but I simply couldnt get in to it. The game felt really linear and I never was able to enjoy the combat. The spell system felt too simple and charging spells never became comfortable for me to use. All in all it just felt too superficial. Your character could only kinda sorta be customized and most of the changes were cosmetic. The world was big but it never felt like it encouraged a sense to truly explore the world and simply just go from destination to destination. I HATED the maps since I never found a way to read it easily or figure out what was where from region to region.

Even though its not fair to compare the two, I really liked Fallout 3 more. Just the fact that I prefer sci fi settings to pure fantasy ones kinda predetermined what I would try to get into more. But for all Fallouts flaws (which are quite a few) it allowed more freedom to just go out there and have an adventure.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By grilledcheez

I felt it was good because I could see past it's problems...but that's it, it was only good far from the greatness that some have said it has.  I personally hated how the story was presented too...they should have had some more cutscenes or zoom in on some faces like Oblivion at least.

JLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JLP

I've got to say I had the opposite issue. Couldn't get into the first, but I am enjoying the second.  Since Theresa is really leading you around the whole time, the breadcrumb trail doesn't really take me out of it - but the maps themselves could be better.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

Completed Fable 2 twice now, only got into it a few weeks ago. Its a class game by all means, but the shallow interactions really drag it down, or maybe its down to jeolousy of getting a babe bedded is done through dancing the jig.

Plus i was at first under the impression that I'd be customising my character from the outset :S kind of a slight dissapointment.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By keyhunter

I agree. Fable 2 is underwhelming.  It's more like Fable 1.2 really. They didn't add anything, there's no armor in the game now for some reason, there's like 3 enemies and 9 hours of gameplay, and the visuals haven't really been improved at all. They didn't take advantage of the setting at all, the world is bland and empty and you still travel down linear paths and can't climb or jump most things. There's no exploration to speak of. The game is braindead fucking easy, and there's not really anything to unlock in the skill department.

At least Fable 1, at the time had super good visuals on its side. Nothing looked as good as Fable, and nothing really had boning chicks back then, and all the stuff that supposedly didn't make it into Fable still hasn't been put into Fable 2.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Kiemoe

I was pretty disappointed by Fable, and never picked up the sequel. Still not sure if I should or not, especially as that thing isn't getting any younger.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Jeust
    @rhrgrt:

I understand where those critics come from, but it's just like peter molineux said... they've taken some aspects of the first game that people really liked and just forgot the ones that people didn't care so much. 

I liked the game, but i was really disapointed at the end... 

************* Spoiler ***********

I saved everybody, let my family dead and my dog dead.

What was the repay?

I recieved a letter thanking me for what i've done... and dog stayed dead, so i can't complete some of the latter quests!

That was really disapointing... What hell of an ending... :S

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Both Fable games have plenty of problems, but Fable 2 has been fun so far.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @rhrgrt:  Damn man, a little harsh. No game can be perfect. I thought it was really fun. None of the problems you listed were deal breakers for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.