Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

Fable 3 Tax Rate Choice question!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

So, I've reached the point in the game where you have to set a tax rate after becoming king and I was wondering what I should do

I know that it's lower taxes to make people happy but get less money for my army, keep them the same so I'm the same as Logan or raise them for cash to my army

What should I do? Is my personal wealth of 12 million gold enough to save Albion from darkness and lower taxes? Trying to be a good guy here, can I just put all my own money in the army? I don't really care about gold, I've bought everything in the game

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By blueduck

Whatever you want because the game is over.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You need about six, maybe seven million to save the kingdom, BUT IT MUST BE IN THE ROYAL TREASURY.  

And make sure it's in there well in advance, because the game jumps forward about 100 or so days, and doesn't give you a chance to put the money in. So Just put 7 or 8 of that into the royal treasury, and you should be fine.  

You will have to spend money on various projects, so just put it all in there, and then lower taxes as much as you want. JUST MAKE SURE THE GOLD IS IN THE ROYAL TREASURY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  

Edit: You can directly transfer gold from one account to the other.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Venatio
    @MooseyMcMan: Lowering taxes it is then, I'll put all my gold in the treasury because I don't even need it
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Just stop playing. There is no need to ruin a perfectly good game by continuing. 

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Venatio
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " Just stop playing. There is no need to ruin a perfectly good game by continuing.  "
    Man is it really that bad? Well I borrowed the game and I've come too far to stop now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.