Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

First Four Paid DLC Packs For Fable III Revealed

• 90 results
    Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
    vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vibratingdonkey

This is all content that was done before they released their rushed, bug-ridden mess of a game. 
    No thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You think they'd upset less people if they just announced these one at a time....

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By buzz_clik
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " Molyeneux went nuts with the DLC this time. "
    That's what happens when you want to finish your incomplete game after it's shipped.
    eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By eagles_band

Devs need to follow Rockstar and actually make substantial DLC and not these small add ons. 

dussssstin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By dussssstin

I'll go back to Albion for this content.

I doubt it'll save the game but it'll add something.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By Tordah

This sounds exactly like the kind of stuff that embodies lame ass DLC. Sigh.

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By fallen_elite

If they include this DLC in the PC version then I may buy it. Maybe.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Tordah
    @ItsAJackal said:

" I personally think DLC and online patches were the worst thing that has happened to the gaming industry.  It allows companies to release unfinished games with the thought of either patching bugs (why even test games anymore?) or adding content that was originally slated to be in the game.    The problem is that they are making buckets of money from this stuff.  For every 1 person that remembers how complete games used to be 10-15 years ago, there are 2 that will drop $5 from their parent's credit card without even thinking twice.  Why should any gaming company be satisfied with spending several million dollars on development to sell a $60 game when they can hold back features and eventually sell a $85 ($60 + DLC) game when it has finally been completed?    Simple math that our nickel and dime society is fully justifying.  "

Agreed. I pretty much stay away from all DLC just out of principle. Sure, some of the stuff released might actually be worth the price, but there's so much that clearly isn't.

To further make all that DLC seem like even more of a rip-off you just need to take a look at the PC, where all that stuff is mostly free, or at least really cheap. I don't understand how anyone that is familiar with Steam sales would ever accept the pricing structure of DLC map packs and in-game items that Microsoft carries.
    Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Fearbeard

If they rolled everything together into the Understone Quest pack and still priced it at 400 points, I might be interested.  

As it is now, I certainly won't be buying a single item.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jadeskye

kinda milking it.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Synthballs

A lot of angry people here. I don't think those packs are too unreasonable, I mean, you can pay more to dress up your Avatar and  other pointless shit. 80MSP is basically the money you find at the back of your couch and everyone has it sitting there at least after downloading other things. No one is pressuring you to buy this stuff.  

I think the only way I'd be angry about this is if the download was only a few KB and already on the disc. If not, I'll be happy and fork out for all four packs. Fable 3 is a quality game, regardless of what some people believe (some people who be hatin' haven't even played it), so I look forward to more customisation and a new quest. 

Lets all just BAWWWW a little less guys.

Kindredwarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Kindredwarr

I played Fable 3 and enjoyed it.. I'm probably alone in that it seems, even though the end game was way too easy.. hell, the whole game was, but I did enjoy it and playing through it.  Even felt bad when about keeping my promises as a King and it turns out that.. wellt.. whatever. 

I'll pick up any missions that come along, but paying for clothes and hair styles feels like a slight abuse of micro-transactions, but then again no one *has* to buy those..  just like no one has to buy ever single song that comes out for Rock Band. I'll even admit I spent a buck on the dyes! I had to have black dammit!! ..but I did use one of the 2 dollars in space points I was given from using that terrible, horrible Bing tool bar, so it's okay.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Yanngc33

What about a language pack ?

Underwhelmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Underwhelmed
    @Synthballs: 

I may be unique in regards to this, but I don't get that bent out of shape over the whole "content is already on the disc" shtick. I agree that it is very much against the spirit of what DLC should be, but whatever, a company can be as big of a douche bag as they want, I am not obligated to buy their stuff. What annoys me more about this round of DLC, is that by the sounds of it, it isn't worth the cash.

We get one actual quest with a new area, and then a couple arena type mini-games (the fantasy game equivalent of a zombie mode at this point) and a few over powered items to break the dog. Lovely. Oh, and I can spend money for a couple of new hairstyles and clothing. You know, the type of crap that were there a way to mod the game, I could get for free. They are going to have to do better than this if they want my money.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait people are still playing this? I beat this game the first week and sold it back. Didn't even bother with relationships and interactions in this one it was so awful. As much as I hated Fable 2's ending I'd rather play that one instead of this one. It actually felt like a Fable game.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be better if they had announced a date for the patch, that's kind of more important.

You know, because the game is kind of broken.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @macot79 said:
    " If they announce it this soon then it should have been in the game from start.  "

These comments don't make much sense.  Developers don't work on the game right up until it's released in stores.  Do you know how much bug testing, etc is involved in game developing?  The writer's, voice actors, animators and modellers all would have finished their work months and months before release and would have been free to start working on new content.  This being finished two months after the game has been released is hardly surprising.

If the content is already on the disc and you're simply paying for an unlock key, then I agree, the developers should be held accountable.  I'd also prefer to see bigger expansions made for games, rather than these 40 minute quest packs.  But come on.  Developers are now getting blamed for taking too long to make new content and players lose interest..  AND getting blamed for making it quickly for a game they know will be successful.
    PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PJ

Whats with all this anti-DLC talk? I for one love DLC since it gives me more of a game I liked. 

And saying that it should have been in the game from the start is just retarded and you don't know anything about game development. 
    I'm not claming I know everything about game development but I do know that the feature set for a game is set months before relese. When a game enters alpha then the game is said to be feature complete(not all developers work the same or have the same definition of alpha but from interviews most developers say that when a game enters alpha its feature locked). There might be stuff put into the game during alpha but its usually small things. When a game enters beta its pretty much done and all thats left is polish and testing and this could be more then half a year before relese. 
    At this point its not uncommon that some ppl in the team go on to work on a new game or DLC. 

If you think that some guy can just come and say something like "hey, I have this awesome quest here that would be great in the game" a month and a half before relese then you are simply stupid. DLC is nothing you throw together in a week. Its alot of work and not something you can just throw together and put out or put into the game just like that.

stallion74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By stallion74

if they put a lot of effort on the PC version of this game like they did with Fable the Lost Chapters i will give it a try...i have to admit though that they made it so easy to reach a broader audience...

noeyjerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By noeyjerd

I took this game back. I didn't like it at all. Fable 3 was just to boring having to watch the interact animations for hours.

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ___pocalypse

Well maybe I'll buy the Understone Quest at some point, but buying items and hairstyles doesn't appeal to me. They should have grouped them all together. I hate it when Bioware has separate weapons and armor packs too. 

I'm surprised people are so against DLC in general. I think DLC is a great way to expand a game. If it's not something I KNOW I want, I just wait until it's out and read reviews on it. That way I'll know if I'm getting a worthwhile experience.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By dvorak
    @TripMasterMunky said:
    " You think they'd upset less people if they just announced these one at a time.... "
    I honestly don't think there is a single good way to announce this kind of DLC. They know it as well as us.
    Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Between all of the complaints put forth on the bombcast about Fable 3 itself  and the announcement of bullshit DLC, I've been kind of soured on this game. Which is too bad considering how much I loved Fable 2 and how excited I was for 3.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By Jayzilla
    @eagles_band said:
    " Devs need to follow Rockstar and actually make substantial DLC and not these small add ons.  "
    ^this. i remember when devs gave us construction packs and users would make better DLC than this for free. They were called "mods".
    Afro_Stevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Afro_Stevens

No Caption Provided
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By Branthog

I've had Fable III since launch and haven't even unwrapped it, yet. I'm not really expecting to do so any time soon. I will absolutely not buy any of their shitty DLC to encourage them putting out more "last version.... POINT FIVE" games that regress on a lot of points and ship in a poor state, this far into the console cycle. I would like to see the Fable franchise put to death.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @TheCreamFilling said:
    " BALLS!  I guess there won't be anything as good as The Lost Chapters again.  "
    Of course much like fable 2 and 3 weren't nearly good as Fable 1 the DLC for both games has proven to be utter shit.

sorry every one for not jumping on this to comment as soon as it was posted I'm sick with a heavy cold, I would have commented with proof that all of this stuff was actually removed from the game to be sold as DLC.
    Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Teaspoon83

You know, everybody is screaming to high hell about this. Here is a secret I learned a long time ago..... 

DON'T BUY IT!! 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Tordah said:

" @ItsAJackal said:

" I personally think DLC and online patches were the worst thing that has happened to the gaming industry.  It allows companies to release unfinished games with the thought of either patching bugs (why even test games anymore?) or adding content that was originally slated to be in the game.    The problem is that they are making buckets of money from this stuff.  For every 1 person that remembers how complete games used to be 10-15 years ago, there are 2 that will drop $5 from their parent's credit card without even thinking twice.  Why should any gaming company be satisfied with spending several million dollars on development to sell a $60 game when they can hold back features and eventually sell a $85 ($60 + DLC) game when it has finally been completed?    Simple math that our nickel and dime society is fully justifying.  "

Agreed. I pretty much stay away from all DLC just out of principle. Sure, some of the stuff released might actually be worth the price, but there's so much that clearly isn't.  To further make all that DLC seem like even more of a rip-off you just need to take a look at the PC, where all that stuff is mostly free, or at least really cheap. I don't understand how anyone that is familiar with Steam sales would ever accept the pricing structure of DLC map packs and in-game items that Microsoft carries. "
    There is a difference between not being able to charge for any thing *including actual games* like on the PC....and Consoles where Developers can actually make money.
    I'm not defending Fable 3 mind you *though no one should even think that in the first place* But putting PC gaming up on a pedestal isn't very good since the only reason they make so much stuff free on PC is because they quite literally can't charge for it and its not Because the users use choice and smart buisness to consumer attitudes but because If a pc developer were to make an amazing add-on and ask for table scarps in return PC users would still bitch about getting charged table scraps and inevitably a user would mod the game and make the add-on available for free anyways.
    ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ribeye

so many cry babies these days damn

like teaspoon said, if you don't like DLC, don't fuckin' buy it.  hell i liked the game and i'm not gonna buy it

for the record, i think giantbomb did a fantastic job of making sure people don't give this game a sporting chance and/or are generally soured about it, many of whom are taking the time to bitch about it here even if they haven't played it 

like every game ever made in the history of games, it's not without issue, but i liked Fable 3

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81  Edited By jonnyboy

What the fuck? This was clearly chopped from the final build before going gold. DLC is supposed to breath new life and excitement in to a well established title, not find a way to sell a $60 game for $70.

If you buy this, you should feel ashamed of your newly cornrowed head.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#82  Edited By fillmoejoe

Great, now John Cleese won't ever shut up with about items in the sanctuary shop.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#83  Edited By spiceninja
    @fillmoejoe said:
    " Great, now John Cleese won't ever shut up with about items in the sanctuary shop. "
    Yeah I know. He wouldn't shut up about that dog outfit and all of this crap will just make him continue to talk. Ugh.
    flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84  Edited By flufflogic

It's a pity I just don't like the game enough to want any of these. At all. 

I'll be waving goodbye Friday, when I pick up AC: Brotherhood.

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By drok17

You're kidding me right? I finished the game and theres no way I want to do it all over again. I didn't even like the game and there's no way I'm paying extra. Pardon my french but FUCK THAT!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By xyzygy

Are you really surprised to see clothing and hairstyles for DLC? Many, many games have been doing this for years. Why such a sudden surge of hate now?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @PJ said:
    " Whats with all this anti-DLC talk? I for one love DLC since it gives me more of a game I liked.  And saying that it should have been in the game from the start is just retarded and you don't know anything about game development. I'm not claming I know everything about game development but I do know that the feature set for a game is set months before relese. When a game enters alpha then the game is said to be feature complete(not all developers work the same or have the same definition of alpha but from interviews most developers say that when a game enters alpha its feature locked). There might be stuff put into the game during alpha but its usually small things. When a game enters beta its pretty much done and all thats left is polish and testing and this could be more then half a year before relese. At this point its not uncommon that some ppl in the team go on to work on a new game or DLC.  If you think that some guy can just come and say something like "hey, I have this awesome quest here that would be great in the game" a month and a half before relese then you are simply stupid. DLC is nothing you throw together in a week. Its alot of work and not something you can just throw together and put out or put into the game just like that. "
    actually your the one thats retarded.

go to your sanctuary if you own the game got all the dyes? oh no you don't? you mean there are EXACTLY 4 places empty...oh I know to get those last 4 dies you gotta pay 80 ms points.
    Get the LCE? the hunters lodge? the area its supposed to be is simply covered in very fake looking ice...you can even glitch behind the ice and see the place holder... they removed the stuff from the game to sell it to you.
    Every thing released so far is stuff that should have been in the game and was chopped out for later release at cost its very very obvious.
    Robborboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Robborboy

I'm not exactly sure what everyone is complaing about. They released some OPTIONAL dlc, that is NOT required to get the full Fable experience. Some people will buy it, others will not. If what is being released is not for you, just move on until the next thing relevant to you is released.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Rayfield

Surely, surely, somebody at Lionhead hesitated before this was implemented and thought for a second "Uh, perhaps we shouldn't be doing this..."
    slowtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By slowtreme

I'm disappointed that you can't also earn these items in game, outside of the quest pack of course

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.