Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

How do you officially appeal a GB Review? Fable 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By mfpantst
    @CookieMonster said:
    " @Beauty said:
    " @CookieMonster said:
    " Idiotic OP is idiotic. "
    It's amazing how many people have responded along these same lines. Sorry,  I asked the GB community a question.  "
    I called it idiotic because everything in your OP is wrong and just down right silly. I'm going to repeat what probably has already been said in this thread: 
    • Just because you disagree with Brad's opinion does not mean he is wrong. His points were well backed up and (generally) valid. He didn't say anything completely dumb like 'graphics are shit' or 'the controls are bad' (although I did think he whined way too much about the menu and map system)
    • If you've been looking at the forums and review sections in recent months, a lot of the GB community think the 5 star rating system doesn't work. So you're just posting something everyone already knows about
    • Complaining about how it gets the same score as games like 50 cent Blood on the sand is dumb as well. That review  (and most other reviews) have been done by other staff, and its a completely different game. Reviews on this site are pretty much incomparable. 
    • The score of the review doesn't matter that much. The review itself is a lot more important

Oh yeah, and that sly comment that you asked the GB community, not people like me? Ouch, yeah. That really hurt my feelings. If you don't like the reviews here, you're free to go somewhere else. There is nothing stopping you.
    "
    Actually I think he did mean to insinuate that Brad's points were tantamount to saying 'ahh the graphics are shite and i hate this game, I die toogodddamn to much"  So yeah, guess he's got a point there....    
    cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By cookiemonster
    @mfpantst said:

" @CookieMonster said:

" @Beauty said:
    " @CookieMonster said:
    It's amazing how many people have responded along these same lines. Sorry,  I asked the GB community a question.  "
    I called it idiotic because everything in your OP is wrong and just down right silly. I'm going to repeat what probably has already been said in this thread: 
    • Just because you disagree with Brad's opinion does not mean he is wrong. His points were well backed up and (generally) valid. He didn't say anything completely dumb like 'graphics are shit' or 'the controls are bad' (although I did think he whined way too much about the menu and map system)
    • If you've been looking at the forums and review sections in recent months, a lot of the GB community think the 5 star rating system doesn't work. So you're just posting something everyone already knows about
    • Complaining about how it gets the same score as games like 50 cent Blood on the sand is dumb as well. That review  (and most other reviews) have been done by other staff, and its a completely different game. Reviews on this site are pretty much incomparable. 
    • The score of the review doesn't matter that much. The review itself is a lot more important

Oh yeah, and that sly comment that you asked the GB community, not people like me? Ouch, yeah. That really hurt my feelings. If you don't like the reviews here, you're free to go somewhere else. There is nothing stopping you.
    "
    Actually I think he did mean to insinuate that Brad's points were tantamount to saying 'ahh the graphics are shite and i hate this game, I die toogodddamn to much"  So yeah, guess he's got a point there....     "
    He never said the graphics were shit, he didn't say he hated the game and he didn't even die once whilst playing it...    And that wasn't the OP's point...
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By mfpantst
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @mfpantst: Don't just count, check. Beauty has previously commented on several videos and a review, which don't get added to the post count. If you're trying to claim Beauty is a single-purpose account, I do believe you're mistaken. Beauty simply doesn't post here very often. "
    I was making a joke about the single purpose account.  On the replies counts, your check verifies my number.  The comment he was specifically replying to came after he had made one reply to this thread other than the original post.  That's not replying a few times.  So I would generally agree with the notion that  the OP hasn't come back to this thread that has gotten alot of replies to say anything.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By mfpantst
    @CookieMonster: Or maybe it was...
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By Ryax

you could always cry more, i hear they change review scores when you shed bitch tears

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By cookiemonster
    @mfpantst: 

STOP MESSING WITH MY HEAD

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By mfpantst
    @CookieMonster:  So tempted to say or was I.
    Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208  Edited By Brians

This is something I think is really interesting. It makes sense if you think about it but the first time I looked it up I was shocked that Giraffe fought with their necks. 
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#209  Edited By stinky

this is quite silly.  possibly the most deranged post ever.

3 star game does not equal all other 3 star games, i'm sorry but you will have to READ reviews. 

lits like giving a chicken dinner a 3 star review, then saying to retract it because broccoli had 3 stars and you hate broccoli. 
    each has to be taken in its own merits. 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By mfpantst
    @stinky: but ima vegetarian. 
    sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#211  Edited By sarahsdad

It's reviews like this where I would love if GB had the time and staffing to do a 2nd opinion on reviews, so there might be a point/counterpoint on even some of the games. 
    For example, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when Brad and Vinny were doing the quicklook on the DS art game, they talked about Fable III for a moment, and I'd swear that Brad sounded surprised at how much Vinny said he was enjoying the game. I think that generally comes through in the bombcast, but there are certainly  times I wouldn't mind getting even a paragraph from one of the other staff, to have something in writing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#212  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sarahsdad said:
    " It's reviews like this where I would love if GB had the time and staffing to do a 2nd opinion on reviews, so there might be a point/counterpoint on even some of the games. For example, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when Brad and Vinny were doing the quicklook on the DS art game, they talked about Fable III for a moment, and I'd swear that Brad sounded surprised at how much Vinny said he was enjoying the game. I think that generally comes through in the bombcast, but there are certainly  times I wouldn't mind getting even a paragraph from one of the other staff, to have something in writing. "
    That would be nice on occasion. There is the problem of two people actually having to play the game for review though. I'm not sure they'd have time for that unless it's a slow time of year. Sure, the staff sometimes end up playing the same games, but it's a bit different playing a game on and off casually, and playing a game for review purposes. 

It would be nice to have second opinions on occasion though.
    Beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Beauty
    @CookieMonster said:
    " @Beauty said:
    " @CookieMonster said:

"
    Here is an idea, just think about for 20 seconds before hitting reply or quote. 
    Next time you read a blog post like this one, write out your objective bullet points like you just have but leave out the derogatory comments, insults and belittling statements.  You don't persuade people by insulting them, let alone help them understand. 
    Beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Beauty
    @mfpantst said:
    " @Beauty said:

" @Ace829 said:

" I find it funny that this thread is so big yet the OP's only post is creating this topic. Successful troll is successful? "

I've commented a few times. Sorry you didnt see them.  "
    Ok so I actually went and counted.  You had replied to this thread once when @Ace829 posted his comment.  That's not even  close to the standard colloquial definition of a 'few' times.  Counting your reply to his comment and another reply posted at the same time, plus one from just a minute ago you have now replied 4 times.  That's a few times.  However, you have replied 4 times to a topic 189 replies long that you started.  That's pretty sad and I would reiterate Ace's comments.  Apparently successful troll IS successful.   edit:Also- since you have claimed to have another 'active' profile, so the one post count doesn't really 'count', I looked at your contributions other than this with your new profile.  None.  That's right, none.  So other than trolling this post you've been pretty useless...  "
    Pretty sure 4 counts as "a few".  

And will someone explain to me what "trolling" is so I can respond back to these fools?
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By mfpantst
    @Beauty said:

" @mfpantst said:

" @Beauty said:

" @Ace829 said:

" I find it funny that this thread is so big yet the OP's only post is creating this topic. Successful troll is successful? "

Ok so I actually went and counted.  You had replied to this thread once when @Ace829 posted his comment.  That's not even  close to the standard colloquial definition of a 'few' times.  Counting your reply to his comment and another reply posted at the same time, plus one from just a minute ago you have now replied 4 times.  That's a few times.  However, you have replied 4 times to a topic 189 replies long that you started.  That's pretty sad and I would reiterate Ace's comments.  Apparently successful troll IS successful.   edit:Also- since you have claimed to have another 'active' profile, so the one post count doesn't really 'count', I looked at your contributions other than this with your new profile.  None.  That's right, none.  So other than trolling this post you've been pretty useless...  "
    Pretty sure 4 counts as "a few".    And will someone explain to me what "trolling" is so I can respond back to these fools? "
    Yarp.  4 counts as few.  Now you are at 6.  HOWEVER, when you said you commented a few times, that was your 2nd comment in the ENTIRE thread.  That's not a few.  That was basically my general point.  That you were incorrect when you wrote you had already commented a few times.  Also that with a thread this long you'd think the OP would comment more than just 6 FUCKING TIMES.

Edit: Also doing the posting twice when you can put both replies in one post is kinda dumb.
    Beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Beauty
    @mfpantst: you missed the one to   @countinhallways  and @Hamz which I made the first day.  
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#217  Edited By cornbredx
    @Brad:
    I'm glad I went back and saw this. 

Thank you for clarifying that. This basically means they did the same thing they did in Fable 2. I'm definitely gonna pass now. That was what made me most mad about Fable 2.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By mfpantst
    @Beauty: Yeah no I was counting that.  That post was 1.   Ace then made his comment at some point.  Then the following comments:

@Beauty said:

" @sagesebas said:

" @Beauty: Also that 1 post really shows how:   I love this website, its staff and its community. "

I had a different account before the memberships were instated.  "
    @Beauty said:

" @Ace829 said:

@Beauty said:

" @CookieMonster said:

Then the 3 comments you made just now.  That is 7.  Good job.  HOWEVER.  WHEN THE GUY WHO YOU WERE RESPONDING TO IN COMMENT NUMBER 3 MADE HIS  COMMENT, YOU HAD REPLIED A TOTAL OF ONE TIMES.  That, my friend, is not a few.  Ok so yeah I've gone through the thread now multiple times since you some how don't have a grasp of the fact that we are saying you made this pretty crazy post then never came back to say anything or defend yourself.  Considering the replies are clocking in now at >200, you'd think you would be more involved.
    Beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Beauty
    @mfpantst: Got it.  Are you a lawyer or something?   

I didnt think it was that crazy of a post. And to me honest, after the first group of snide comments, I lost interest in reading any more posts.  

Like I said, you dont persuade or inform people by insulting them. I'm a big fan of people telling me things I dont know or dont fully understand but some of the comments weren't helpful, they were just rants. 
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By mfpantst
    @Beauty: I think they were posting rants and snide comments primarily because the base principle by which you form your argument (stated in comment number one, btw, so good job) is ludicrous to them and me.  Giantbomb an institution where reputation means more than the opinions of the actual FUCKING founders of the website.  That's ludicrous.  The opinions of the GiantBomb staff form the reputation and basis of everything that is GiantBomb.

So take that and shove it you retard.  And if you don't like it, go suck an egg.
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Ragdrazi

Can we maybe just let this thread go? We've all had a good kick at this guy for more then a decade of pages. Let's really not get this to twenty.

Beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Beauty
    @mfpantst: asking people their average age is retarded. Asking the website to consider revisiting their review score because of scores given to comparable games and the integrity of the website, is not  
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @Beauty:  You are not helping.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By mordukai
    @Beauty said:
    " @mfpantst: asking people their average age is retarded. Asking the website to consider revisiting their review score because of scores given to comparable games and the integrity of the website, is not   "
    That's up to you to decide. WHat you fail to realize that reviews are opinion pieces and you the reader have to decide whether you agree or disagree.  You cannot come and say that one review given puts the entire site's integrity. Games are reviewed by different people with different testes. I hardly think you are going to get a re-review of Brads review of Fable 3. I don't think they actually have the time to do that. So you are down to accepting the score Brad gave it and move on. If you feel that this review has put the integrity of this web site at jeopardy then you always have the option of not visiting it. If you like GB that much then you will all you can say is that you disagree and that's that. 
    Beauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Beauty
    @Mordukai said:
    " @Beauty said:
    " @mfpantst: asking people their average age is retarded. Asking the website to consider revisiting their review score because of scores given to comparable games and the integrity of the website, is not   "
    That's up to you to decide. WHat you fail to realize that reviews are opinion pieces and you the reader have to decide whether you agree or disagree.  You cannot come and say that one review given puts the entire site's integrity. Games are reviewed by different people with different testes. I hardly think you are going to get a re-review of Brads review of Fable 3. I don't think they actually have the time to do that. So you are down to accepting the score Brad gave it and move on. If you feel that this review has put the integrity of this web site at jeopardy then you always have the option of not visiting it. If you like GB that much then you will all you can say is that you disagree and that's that.  "
    I think if enough people felt a re-review was a good idea, the staff of GB would hear what the community was saying and discuss it, not just ignore it. And as a member of this community I have an option to voice my opinion and see if others agree, contrary to your menu of options. 
    Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Noodles
    @Beauty said:

I dont want the History to show that Fable 3 got the same score as games like Mafia 2 and 50 cents Blood on the Sand.

50 Cent Blood on the Sand is a MUCH better game than Fable 3.

Also, opinions.
    tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#227  Edited By tofford

Fable 2 was definitely a 4 star game and I haven't seen anyone say this feels as good so doesn't 3 stars make sense when compared to that.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Ragdrazi
    @Beauty:  Ok, fine. Maybe you're trying to get an achievement or something. Most annoying poster. Enjoy 20 pages of hate.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#229  Edited By LordAndrew
    @mfpantst: Beauty had posts before this blog. And a whole other account, as mentioned in one of Beauty's replies here.
    Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By MightyMayorMike
    @Beauty said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @Beauty said:
    That's up to you to decide. WHat you fail to realize that reviews are opinion pieces and you the reader have to decide whether you agree or disagree.  You cannot come and say that one review given puts the entire site's integrity. Games are reviewed by different people with different testes. I hardly think you are going to get a re-review of Brads review of Fable 3. I don't think they actually have the time to do that. So you are down to accepting the score Brad gave it and move on. If you feel that this review has put the integrity of this web site at jeopardy then you always have the option of not visiting it. If you like GB that much then you will all you can say is that you disagree and that's that.  "
    I think if enough people felt a re-review was a good idea, the staff of GB would hear what the community was saying and discuss it, not just ignore it. And as a member of this community I have an option to voice my opinion and see if others agree, contrary to your menu of options.  "
    I wonder if enough people do want a re-review? I love the Fable series and have played the hell out of each game, but I think GB is dead-on with its 3-star review. After playing through most of the game, as much as I had fun, I feel like I had to fight the game to have that fun. A lot of the new mechanics are just baffling, as well. I'm not talking about the sanctuary - i don't mind that. But dumbing down all the interactions with peasants, weapons, combat, etc really left me feeling shortchanged.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#231  Edited By LordAndrew

And though I still disagree with Beauty's original post, I also stand by my earlier statement about how poorly the Giant Bomb community is reacting to this. For shame, Giant Bomb.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By mordukai
    @Beauty said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @Beauty said:
    I think if enough people felt a re-review was a good idea, the staff of GB would hear what the community was saying and discuss it, not just ignore it. And as a member of this community I have an option to voice my opinion and see if others agree, contrary to your menu of options.  "
    You'll do yourself only good if you just accept the score he gave it. He felt it's a three star game then on GB Fable 3 is a 3 star game. 
    EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By EmuLeader

As a great number of people have mentioned, its all based on opinion.  Personally, i agree 100% with his score, because of his reasons are very accurate, just like Jeff's New Vegas review.  I absolutely loved Fable 2, but they tried so hard to streamline certain parts of it, that it took away greatly from the overall experience.  I think its a four star game, whose interface and other problems brought down its score.  Like in New Vegas, which is a five star game, which got dropped due to really major technical issues.  I know people who love the series, who traded it back in before beating it because the issues were so great and frequent.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#234  Edited By mike

Going to close this down, seeing as how it's just being used for users to trade insults. Anyway, there is always someone who disagrees with a review. My suggestion is to get over it because the score isn't going to be changed. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.