Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

My Fable III conspiracy theory (spoiler alert)

deadken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadken

I'm convinced that during the creation Fable III they ran out of time to complete the game. 

The game felt like it was designed for 3 basic phases, the rise of the Prince, the fall as he prepares to defend his land, and finally a triumphant redemption, as he repairs the land from the second phase and earns back the trust from those he betrayed. 

As it is, the third part seems to be lopped off.  The part that gets me thinking this is A, it would have turned that gut wrenching feeling from part II around and created an even greater high, returning from such depths of despair, and B, there are a couple of dialogue hints, like when you return to Aurora and how its mentioned how many people follow a certain prophet, and how having them on your side would be helpful. 

Any thoughts?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By Soap
    @deadken said:
    " I'm convinced that during the creation Fable III they ran out of time to complete the game.  "
    This is not a conspiracy theory, more a pretty much established fact.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This isn't really a conspiracy theory but I think it clearly shines through that the game could have used s few more months in development. Then again I'd argue that it's never really as simple as a company "running out of time", because whoever the dev and whatever the game, given more time they could always improve on their current version of the game they're making.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow

It's more a conspiracy theory that sites HEAVILY promoted a broken game, praising it first and then later shitting on it once sales targets had been reached.  But hey, what would I know right?  I'm only an ex games journalist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.