Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fall Guys

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 04, 2020

Fall Guys is a colorful, multi-round battle royale for up to sixty players.

Anyone giving this a go?

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Total Wipeout/Takeshis Castle style game, free on PS+, will it hold up to multiple plays or is it just win one and move on?

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Arcitee

I love the concept of it, but so far I dont like controlling/ playing it but I need to give it a few more rounds.

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: some of the modes are really fun, I love the more pure platformer ones but I hate the team based ones. I wish there was some way to curate a list of possible games or vote to exclude some.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing it with a friend, 1 win so far. It's really fun, but we are already starting to feel like we see the same maps over and over again after about 1 hour or so. We might just be unlucky, but currently our feelings are that we need more maps for this game to keep the fun up for more than a few more hours.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Played a few rounds. The racing, platforming, and soccer maps are pretty fun. Don't love the one where you're grabbing tails and trying to have the most when time is up.

Might be fun to pick up and play here and there.

Mattemat87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had some fun on PS4 when the servers were working. It's a much less stressful "battle royale" game where the stakes never feel too high. Probably because everyone looks so goofy.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It's a cute idea but personally I think it controls like absolute hell. I was excited for this when they first showed it off but in reality it feels like a slightly spruced up phone game.

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arcitee

@nodima: I think after a few rounds it controls pretty good for the 3D plarforming, I dont thinkg it does when I have to grab things like the team egg grab.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It'll be FOTM for about another....12 days

wlleiotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once the servers sorted themselves out I had a blast yesterday, if they have a plan for refreshing the courses every so often I think its the perfect game to come back to every few months, and then pull out for friends and family

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hansberg

Loving it so far, as are my kids. There are a couple of the games that could use some tinkering.

The fruit match memory game is WAY too easy, and very few people ever get eliminated. I suspect that this game made more sense when the max number of players was 100 rather than 60 since it would have been more difficult for folks to clump onto correct tiles.

Hoarders. Not a fan of the beach ball physics; but that's a me issue and not something that is fundamentally wrong with the game. Not bad by any means, just a game that sorta happens, ends, and I move on (or don't if my team is eliminated)

The one with the hoops (might just be called Hoopla)... because I'm bad at it. :-)

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I like it. It's simple and colourful and the stakes are low. Having said that, I feel like after a couple of hours I've seen everything that game has to offer. Part of the fun of this type of party game should be in personalising your guy, but the way the currency/season has been structured make it feel like a bit of a grind to do so, especially when you only have 7 or 8 different game types.

I often feel like I'm losing because i'm being tripped up by other players, either in the team game modes or by blockheads who are running around grabbing at me or literally falling down in front of me... but that's the whole point, right? I'll say this for the game, even when I come second place or get knocked out by the clumsiness of other players, it still makes me laugh rather than rage, and that's a pretty special achievement for any game.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a fun game for streamers but not so fun when you're playing it with a few friends.

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think for me the only thing it lacks is some sort of vote for the next mode option or even vote to veto a game type from the list.

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good game, I enjoyed what I played of it. But after a few hours total I feel like there's no reason to play anymore.

The server issues (both availability/reliability and the performance) are a big problem. And the decision to make 50% of the cosmetics give you a tail while simultaneously having multiple events themed around having a tail or not is a completely baffling one.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel like a jerk but this game felt pretty hollow and boring to me after a few matches - I'm not really seeing why there seems to be so much hype surrounding it.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcitee said:

I think for me the only thing it lacks is some sort of vote for the next mode option or even vote to veto a game type from the list.

My primary concern with a voting feature is that people SHOULD be thrust into games that they don't want. I mentioned above that I'm terrible at the hoop jumping game. In that case, I should be challenged from time to time (and at least forced to try and get better at it). I also worry that certain games would be constantly voted for the wrong reasons. I could well see a lot of people voting for the fruit matching game because it's an almost guaranteed qualification in its current form.

lKennedyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very interested to see if and how it evolves. Right now, idk, it's extremely shallow and maybe that's fine. i'll make an attempt here and there. I would like to have my idiot man look like a pigeon.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As a dip into random multiplayer thing, I'm really liking it - the game itself it okay, could probably use a little tweaking but as someone who lost their couch competitive game friends to life commitments years ago, this scratches an itch for sure. Plus, I still binge watch Takeshi's Castle at times when it's needed (a lot more recently to distract from, well, everything) so I'm definitely in the nostalgia buyer group.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Takeshi's Castle is in my book the perfect show to stumble upon at 5 AM in the morning after a night of going out. I have laughed out loud many a time.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing it on chunks the last couple days. My girlfriend also enjoys it so we just pass the controller between runs which is nice.

Got one crown yesterday in a pretty exhilarating match of Hex a Fall where the 2nd place person hit the slime less than a second before I did. The overall win definitely didn't give me the same seratonin kick that Apex/CoD does but I think that's because it's just such lower stakes than those battle royales. Because each round only takes 2-5 minutes, I never feel like something was a waste of time.

I've also only seen about half of the contests I think? Like I don't know what the fruit matching one people are talking about is....

I watched a video yesterday about how the developers hope to be able to just slightly change the courses over time so that people never get too comfortable with the courses. And I think that's necessary for this to really grow legs and take off. But for now, I'll definitely stick around and see where it goes.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I saw it was on PS Plus and had heard about it but wasn't quite sure what it was. For some reason based on the stories I thought it was more of a BR Gangbeasts than it was. After giving it a try on a whim yesterday and playing for a few hours, yeah I totally see the appeal. It's easy, dumb, goofy, doesn't instantly bombard you to buy things. I don't know how long it'll hold up? Lasting appeal is tough, I haven't seen all the mini games but the majority of them seem similar, either some form of obstacle course with modifiers or some form of a team game requiring you to grap or push something. The presentation is super cute though, and it's hard to deny it has a certain charm to it. I'm curious to see how it evolves or if it tries to adopt the Fortnite model of just bringing in licensed shit to try and sustain a userbase.

But in my few hours with it I do echo some of the others here. I did laugh out loud several times, watching people make stupid mistakes having some calamity of something just happen because too many people are trying at the same time. Even people who troll and like push bridges to the wrong side to try and force deaths and such can have their moments even when it's against you. It's an interesting thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.