Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallen Earth

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Fallen Earth is an MMORPG set in a post-apocalyptic Earth in the year 2156. The game was recently purchased by F2P Publisher, GamersFirst, and is now free to play.

Just got invited to the Beta

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear

No Caption Provided
    Alright so i just got a beta invite for the Fallen earth game. It looks very interesting, fallout vibe in an mmo universe.

So i'll probably play that all week end. If you guys have any questions about the game, post them here, i'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, probably even make a blog post out of it.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Adamantium

I just want to know if it's any good. Looks kinda whack to me, but that's just me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

This is my first time hearing about it. All I wanna know is does it play good?

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dimsey

I got my invite yesterday but my internets out of whack so I'm still downloading the client. Will have it tonight.
    That said I wouldn't get too in depth, what with there being the NDA and all. I know most people don't care but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine

Is it to late to get into the beta? A MMO version of Fallout sounds awesome!

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#6  Edited By Dimsey
    @Wolverine said:
    " Is it to late to get into the beta? A MMO version of Fallout sounds awesome! "
    Shouldn't be. Give it a try.
    I only applied like three days ago so I was kind of surprised when I got my invite so quick, hopefully anyone here who tries for one has as much luck.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine
    @Dimsey said:
    " @Wolverine said:
    " Is it to late to get into the beta? A MMO version of Fallout sounds awesome! "
    Shouldn't be. Give it a try.I only applied like three days ago so I was kind of surprised when I got my invite so quick, hopefully anyone here who tries for one has as much luck. "
    Thanks! I just applied. :)
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60

I applied yesterday :)

xenoNfluX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xenoNfluX

I got my invite months ago. The downloader would never connect, so I eventually gave up.

I just tried it again and its working. Yay, I guess. We'll see if this is any good.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60

So? How is it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

All I have to say, lucky bastard.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

Wheres our input we were promised?!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it sucks now.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By demonbear

Sorry about that guys, i lost track of this thread, the few times i checked it, nobody replied. Ok I played for a week end i can tell you my experience.

First off it starts a bit like LOTRO, you create a character and you're sent into an instance where they explain the mechanics of the game. Pretty generic stuff.

The combat system in this mmo is weird because since you use guns, but its on a client-server game type, the aiming always feels a bit off. I'm pretty sure most people who play shooters will be repulsed by this game because the shooting feels inprecise and theres lots of calculations behind the shooting, your aiming never really feels precise so thats no good. The melee combat is ok, like other mmos i guess.

Now once you're done with the intro you choose a starting zone, its pretty unclear if that chooses your faction or not, its never mentionned in your character sheet. Anyway, you do quests there, I choose the military thing faction. I can see another problem with this game. It's post-apocalyptic. Most of you guys will say hey thats a good thing right? Well. I feel a bit like Jeff and Fallout 3. It's a wasteland. miles after miles after miles of desert and cactus.... Not very exciting. Not from what i saw anyway.

One thing i should mention is that this game is very heavy on the crafting early on. You'll probably be better of creating your own armor if you want upgrades at first because most quests are just giving you cash. So theres another problem here : everybody looks just like you for a long while. I never grouped since most of the stuff at first was solo oriented.

So there you go. Nothing very exciting and, for a game that uses guns, the shooting feels unprecise and a tad boring. I stopped playing after 3 days and i dont feel like coming back.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By c1337us

I had never heard of this game before. But it sounds crap to be honest.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
    @demonbear said:
    " Sorry about that guys, i lost track of this thread, the few times i checked it, nobody replied. Ok I played for a week end i can tell you my experience.First off it starts a bit like LOTRO, you create a character and you're sent into an instance where they explain the mechanics of the game. Pretty generic stuff. The combat system in this mmo is weird because since you use guns, but its on a client-server game type, the aiming always feels a bit off. I'm pretty sure most people who play shooters will be repulsed by this game because the shooting feels inprecise and theres lots of calculations behind the shooting, your aiming never really feels precise so thats no good. The melee combat is ok, like other mmos i guess.Now once you're done with the intro you choose a starting zone, its pretty unclear if that chooses your faction or not, its never mentionned in your character sheet. Anyway, you do quests there, I choose the military thing faction. I can see another problem with this game. It's post-apocalyptic. Most of you guys will say hey thats a good thing right? Well. I feel a bit like Jeff and Fallout 3. It's a wasteland. miles after miles after miles of desert and cactus.... Not very exciting. Not from what i saw anyway.One thing i should mention is that this game is very heavy on the crafting early on. You'll probably be better of creating your own armor if you want upgrades at first because most quests are just giving you cash. So theres another problem here : everybody looks just like you for a long while. I never grouped since most of the stuff at first was solo oriented.So there you go. Nothing very exciting and, for a game that uses guns, the shooting feels unprecise and a tad boring. I stopped playing after 3 days and i dont feel like coming back. "
    You should let me use your account so I can try it out ;)
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60

Interesting, just got an email saying.

Fallen Earth Closed Beta Program Invitation

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.