Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Anyone using Mods notice a slowdown in performance?

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lowbrow

So yea, I've noticed that my performance has seemed to take a hit in Fallout 3.  It basically starts to chug at certain points, framerate problems mostly. Its not a consistent issue, but is kind of a pain in the ass.

Lately I've been installing and running some mods in fallout 3, but nothing heavy - I have M4 carbines mod, a glock and H&K pistol mod, and the Steiner combat gear mod running, but that's pretty much it. 

Was just wondering if anyone noticed a performance dip after installing their mods, or if I should just stop putting so much pressure on my GFX card :)

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

Mods in general regardless of the game tend to impact performance pretty substancially.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.