Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Blood, Gore and Profanity in Fallout 3

Mooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mooch

I was wondering if it will be possible to turn the blood, gore and profanity off int his game?

Thanks

voi666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By voi666

you want to turn off blood and gore in a game where you shoot dudes in the face?

clearly this game is not for you.
    Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rorschach

I want to shoot dudes in the face.....yay for Fallout 3! haha

Nexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nexus

There might be an option to turn off the gore but to be honest everything you listed is what helps to establish exactly what Fallout's all about. It's a mature game that discusses the end of the human race as we know it. People tend to cuss here and there, do a bit of raping and pillaging, shoot each other and stab each other up... Unless i don't know something and the apocalypse is preceded by an invasion of Hello Kitty. Dear God.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By and333

Most games now of days really lack the option to turn off gore, which I think is a good move.These games are made for adults and if you buy the game without your parents consent and try to play it with the blood and gore off the shame on you, cause you know when your parents aren't around you would turn the blood and gore right back on the instant they aren't around! Also expecting there to be a thing that turns off profanity is a little much I don't think thats been in any game with cursing.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Termite
    and333 said:
    "Most games now of days really lack the option to turn off gore, which I think is a good move.These games are made for adults and if you buy the game without your parents consent and try to play it with the blood and gore off the shame on you, cause you know when your parents aren't around you would turn the blood and gore right back on the instant they aren't around! Also expecting there to be a thing that turns off profanity is a little much I don't think thats been in any game with cursing.
    "
    Meh, first kid scolding I've seen on the site. I don't think violence and profanity really effect kids in any way so I don't think there is much problem. Also, the way the post was made it kind of sounds like a parent is posting it not a kid/

And the answer to the question, No I'm pretty sure there won't be that option
    DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DarkLegend

I don't see the point.

Mooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mooch

Well Gears of War allowed you to turn off the "extreme content" which was the blood and gore and the "f" word. I was just wondering, and hoping that Fallout 3 would be the same. I don't need all that in my games.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

90% of any mature rated games with such content don't have that option though,so you'll have to put up with it. At least I hope you put up with it,looks like an amazing game,and that isn't reason enough to make yourself miss out on it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

In fallout 1 and 2 you could turn off the gore and censor the profanity. However, I doubt that will be in this game.

Mooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mooch

LOL Yes I hear the bloody mess perk "never gets old". I also hope that the 3rd person view works much better than in Oblivion!!!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Cube

I hope they don't.

Brando1788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brando1788

I had no idea you could turn off the gore in gears...oh well it's better that way. What's gears of war without chainsaw guts on your screen

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DualReaver

D:
    You sir are not a man.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By xruntime

I say let kids play mature games.

There have been countless articles on what is called the "pussification of America" . Children are being overprotected and this isn't good for them. You may think you're protecting them from extreme blood, gore, and violence, but when they may have to deal with it later on in life they won't be ready.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.