Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Can not get into this game..

Slugger4203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slugger4203

I basically can not get into this game at all. I am not far into it at all, as I am only at the town with the nuke in the middle. I have not played it in 2 weeks.. and I was hopeing some1 could provide me with something that would make me want to play this game more. Thanks.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Thrawn1

The same thing happened to me about 4-5 hours into the game; I suddenly realized that I wasn't having fun. The solution is a crappy one: play more of it, it gets better. (I promise) Once I had completed 2 or three of the "main quests," I regained interest in the game.

Here's fallout 3 in a nutshell:

-AMAZING 1st 45 minutes

-Amazing revelation of the "wasteland"

-5 hours being bored as fuck while you wander around the wasteland running out of ammo and dying

-The story really picks up halfway through....

-Slowly builds interest.....but the climax of the game is nowhere to be found....

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

That's too bad, but if you dont like it, you dont like it.

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghostin

I've got to admit it has far more flaws than I was hoping for but the main quest really does lift the rest up if you choose to stick with it (the good/interesting quests have the achievements).  Having played through this and Fable 2 at the same time I know which is most likely to pull me back for a second playthough.

If they simply rehash this but with a new engine for Elder Scrolls 5, I'm not sure I could do it again...

(I have played scrolls since arena)

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ColMustard

yup I can help you... your overwhellmed by the size of the area as you walked out of Vault 101... Your thinking "oh jesus, I've gotta roam this massive landscape of brown and gray and do a bunch of fetch quests" STOP! now let me infuse some reality... The quests are the best I've seen this generation... you will fall in love with or hate most of the characters. RPG elements such as inventory manegement and perks are done so well.  The main story is gripping, the combat is engaging, especially the VATS system. Bottom line, just get familiar with your surroundings a bit and let the quests start rolling in... Do 5 quests, if after 5 quests your feeling the same, then move on.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    Thrawn said:
    "

The same thing happened to me about 4-5 hours into the game; I suddenly realized that I wasn't having fun. The solution is a crappy one: play more of it, it gets better. (I promise) Once I had completed 2 or three of the "main quests," I regained interest in the game.

Here's fallout 3 in a nutshell:

-AMAZING 1st 45 minutes

-Amazing revelation of the "wasteland"

-5 hours being bored as fuck while you wander around the wasteland running out of ammo and dying

-The story really picks up halfway through....

-Slowly builds interest.....but the climax of the game is nowhere to be found....

"
    I'm currently on the "5 hours being bored as fuck bit" -- I've played for 7 hours now so I'm coming out of that "slum" I think.

I still have only discovered one side quest mind.

Much as I'm not having much fun I can't seem to turn it off though.
    Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Voldy

I'm not sure what to recommend if you don't like it. Uhm, did you play Oblivion? You might enjoy that more.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clarke0

I think most people were in the same boat on their first play through. Keep playing, if you talk to the right people you will have more sidequests than you know what to do with.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By logson

Take quests. Screw with people. When you realize how badly you can mess some people up, hopefully you'll have the same "Aha!" moment I had.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thrawn1
    logson said:
    "Take quests. Screw with people. When you realize how badly you can mess some people up, hopefully you'll have the same "Aha!" moment I had."

the game's choices are more meaningful when you chose the evil route, which I didn't, and wish I had....
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PureRok

I loved the game all the way through, actually. Until the end, that is.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan

I don't like to make too many comparisons between Oblivion and Fallout 3, but I could not get into Oblivion until I put some time into it and then I fell in love with it.  Going into Fallout 3 with some of the same expectations helped, I recommend just putting some time into it and you will start to enjoy the experience.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ColMustard

Theres alot to be said for leveling up to enjoy the experience too... Choosing good perks like the one that gives you alot more ammo takes the somewhat annoying aspect of being frugal with your bullets out of the equation.  I never fired a single energy weapon in the entire game. used every weapon and bullet as trade to keep up with my small weapons.  It takes a few hours, but once you find your grove your rockin...

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Player1

Exactly how I am. I guess I just don't have time right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd
    deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 10

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rapture

I think you should play only start the side questes till you can use power armor. Once you've reached that stage of the game, you should have stocked up a decent amount of ammo and stimpaks and if you are really bored, just go collect all the special weapons.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm on my first playthrough, I've dumped sixty hours into the game, I have yet to finish the game, yet I'm completely engaged and have been the entire time. 

I think there's something magnetic about the post-apocalyptic setting, theme, and tonal structure.  That's why I'm completely involved when I'm looking for food or stimpacks or running my ass away from a mutant bear. 

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Hexpane

This game definitely has a "bad pit" you can fall into if you spend the early part of the game looking for side quests.

IMO the best way to play the game is to jump right into the main quest, play good karma, get fawkes, then do side quests before the final MQ. 

W/ Fawkes you can decide if you want to fight or just want to explore and let Fawkes do the fighting for you

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By one_2nd

I think a ghost bumped this thread..

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By RichardLOlson

Its alright.  I got into just fine, but was upset that the game ends after you beat it.  But overall the game was enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.