Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Crashing to desktop error

Avatar image for natural_deadhead
    natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By natural_deadhead

The notorious "fallout 3 has stopped working" bug has hit me, and I'm wondering if anyone can help. Here is my event viewer, if anyone can understand it. 

Faulting application name: Fallout3.exe, version: 1.7.0.3, time stamp: 0x4a40f18b

Faulting module name: Fallout3.exe, version: 1.7.0.3, time stamp: 0x4a40f18b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00140d0b

Faulting process id: 0xc38

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb18b1cc9e46bf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe

Report Id: 480558ca-84a6-11df-9974-90e6ba00b92a    

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JoeyIA

Are you playing the Steam version or GFWL version?

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee

Are you running ant special mods? Fallout 3 is a bit janky already and certain mods can increase the instability a lot. Otherwise I'd probably just hop over to the Official Fallout 3 forums. When I was up to my neck in F3 mods and trying to get the most out of my system, I went there was a lot of info in the tech section and general forum.

Avatar image for natural_deadhead
    natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natural_deadhead

I'm running the GFWL version, and no mods.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.