Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3 Is The Sh*t

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

I'm a Fallout 3 convert now. It's the perfect scary, shooter, rpg, adventure just for me. I keep getting bitten on the arse by mole rats, and I accidentally got the sheriff of Megaton killed before avenging his death. Chose to save the city and become a citizen rather than destroy if for not much more than greed, but still, feel bad about him and everything. I wish there was an option for me to adopt his kid, but alas, games aren't that advanced. 

The only problem that I've found in that my waypoint markers are weird. I go to where it says and there's nothing there. Had to pull out of a quest for a bit after I tried to find the point I was supposed to reach but couldn't, since I refuse to travel at night. Too scary. So I'll try again later to find where the hell I'm supposed to go. Those crab men are f**king annoying. Damn things never just die! 

So yes, very happy with the game! Can't wait to see what wonders await me! And my Chaste Monk quest should unlock... now...

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

I'm a Fallout 3 convert now. It's the perfect scary, shooter, rpg, adventure just for me. I keep getting bitten on the arse by mole rats, and I accidentally got the sheriff of Megaton killed before avenging his death. Chose to save the city and become a citizen rather than destroy if for not much more than greed, but still, feel bad about him and everything. I wish there was an option for me to adopt his kid, but alas, games aren't that advanced. 

The only problem that I've found in that my waypoint markers are weird. I go to where it says and there's nothing there. Had to pull out of a quest for a bit after I tried to find the point I was supposed to reach but couldn't, since I refuse to travel at night. Too scary. So I'll try again later to find where the hell I'm supposed to go. Those crab men are f**king annoying. Damn things never just die! 

So yes, very happy with the game! Can't wait to see what wonders await me! And my Chaste Monk quest should unlock... now...

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Better late than never. Fallout 3 is one of my favorites.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpawnMan
    @JeffGoldblum: As long as the game is good and has at least okay graphics, then it's all good in my opinion. Heck, I played PlayStation games with the worst graphics up until only recently.
    xuanlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xuanlong

There are bugs with the waypoint markers alright. I got one where it would always face the opposite direction on my compass of where it should be facing.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Cramsy

Its because video games are like a religion to me

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn
    @SpawnMan: I got the sheriff killed too by accident, DAMN YOU BURKE, but I let him go because i had no idea if messing with him was a good idea. I found him in Tenpenny later and got my revenge........ while killing everyone in the entire building.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DrPockets000

I picked the sheriff's pocket for his key, then broke into his house and took the bobblehead.  Then I killed him, jacked his badass duster, and blew up the town.   

Duster + Cushy penthouse suite w/ Raider theme = win

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

For me post-apocalyptic wastelands are a religion, although yeah, you're bound to run into a fair number of bugs in Fallout 3. None the less it's an awesome, awesome game.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By MistaSparkle
    @SpawnMan:
    Best part is in a couple of months you've got another one coming. And its PERFECTED!!! XD
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

One of the best games I've ever played. I need to get back to it.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By galiant

I think I've spent more hours on Fallout 3 than any other PS3 game I own. Can't wait to play more Fallout this fall =)

Glad you're enjoying it!

By the way, there's a very special door in this game you should look for...you'll know it when you find it.

Good luck!

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Coombs

Great game, 
    I've never heard any real complaints about it other than people complaining it's set in a wasteland

I cannot wait for New Vegas
    Had my pre order in for about a month now

Avatar image for deactivated-5997efb371d97
    deactivated-5997efb371d97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Coombs said:
    " Great game,  I've never heard any real complaints about it other than people complaining it's set in a wasteland  "  

How about all of the bugs?  After I got 10 hours in it would crash sporadically. 

Still, that game is fucking awesome.  I can't wait for the new one.  Hardcore mode!
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By zyn

Fallout 3 is great but it's not without it's freezing problems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.