Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3 News All Over The Place

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad

There's been a pile of stuff happening with Fallout 3 this week, so let's wrap it all up, shall we?

New Level Cap Details

A new Eurogamer interview has concrete info on the effects that Broken Steel, the third and final DLC pack coming in March, will have on your character. Bethesda had already announced the level cap would be increasing with this DLC, and now we know the new cap will be 30. But hitting 30 won't necessarily be easy.

Along with removing the game's 'ending' with Broken Steel, we figure raising the level cap would allow them to [enjoy the game for longer]. We plan on raising it to level 30 - but it will be a long, hard climb to get there!

We'd heard before that you'd be able to continue questing after the main storyline with Broken Steel--but it's surprising to hear that the storyline is actually being modified to grant you this newfound freedom. So if you want to see the ending, maybe you should complete the main story missions before installing Broken Steel.

More OpAnchorage Media

Bethesda also shot out some new screenshots of Operation Anchorage, this month's $10 add-on. I've added those to the initial batch, on the second row. Look at them!

Fallout 3 Megaguide

Finally, if you're like me and have yet to put a substantive amount of time into Fallout 3 (the final version, at least), you really ought to pull up this enormous Fallout 3 Megaguide that some users have collectively created. It's rife with info on every main and side quest, achievements, perks, companion characters, and everything else you could possibly want to know.

It's also the best and most ginormous example we've seen so far of what you can do with our guide tools. The nested, clickable table of contents...the embedded images and videos...the collective, multi-author edit access. It's, well, it's a thing of beauty. If you've been thinking about busting out a guide, why, this is an ambitious goal to strive for.
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad

There's been a pile of stuff happening with Fallout 3 this week, so let's wrap it all up, shall we?

New Level Cap Details

A new Eurogamer interview has concrete info on the effects that Broken Steel, the third and final DLC pack coming in March, will have on your character. Bethesda had already announced the level cap would be increasing with this DLC, and now we know the new cap will be 30. But hitting 30 won't necessarily be easy.

Along with removing the game's 'ending' with Broken Steel, we figure raising the level cap would allow them to [enjoy the game for longer]. We plan on raising it to level 30 - but it will be a long, hard climb to get there!

We'd heard before that you'd be able to continue questing after the main storyline with Broken Steel--but it's surprising to hear that the storyline is actually being modified to grant you this newfound freedom. So if you want to see the ending, maybe you should complete the main story missions before installing Broken Steel.

More OpAnchorage Media

Bethesda also shot out some new screenshots of Operation Anchorage, this month's $10 add-on. I've added those to the initial batch, on the second row. Look at them!

Fallout 3 Megaguide

Finally, if you're like me and have yet to put a substantive amount of time into Fallout 3 (the final version, at least), you really ought to pull up this enormous Fallout 3 Megaguide that some users have collectively created. It's rife with info on every main and side quest, achievements, perks, companion characters, and everything else you could possibly want to know.

It's also the best and most ginormous example we've seen so far of what you can do with our guide tools. The nested, clickable table of contents...the embedded images and videos...the collective, multi-author edit access. It's, well, it's a thing of beauty. If you've been thinking about busting out a guide, why, this is an ambitious goal to strive for.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

yawn.

dtran1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By dtran1212

fallout 3 sucks

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Dtran Speaks the troof.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

''We'd heard before that you'd be able to continue questing after the main storyline with Broken Steel--but it's surprising to hear that the storyline is actually being modified to grant you this newfound freedom. So if you want to see the ending, maybe you should complete the main story missions before installing Broken Steel.''

I loved Fallout 3 and my only complaint was that you could not continue after the final quest, glad these new content packages will keep the game in my disk tray for a long time.

Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Voldy

I can't wait for Anchorage. Looks good!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I need to play more of this. I am glad I won't finish by the time Anchorage comes, so I can have a "natural" progression.

thomasmolby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By thomasmolby

Man i'm so bummed out that MS is keeping this from the PS3 version :/

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By teptom

I can't wait to play in a new setting.  The Wasteland is great but starts to get old at hour 70.

drifter13x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By drifter13x

Ninja man will die for my fashion needs. Hyped about the content, the GECK tools are pretty cool on the PC, but it's still early there, so there's nothing near the polish of what Bethesda is offering. Plus ten more levels is a welcome addition. I imagine the PS3 will get theirs in the future, probably in one big pack like they did with Oblivion. Bethesda isn't one to leave money on the table.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Wow... that'll fix my biggest problem with the game.  I wonder if post-game content will be added as well?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By lordofultima

The new scenery looks AMAZING. I'm definitely picking this up.

Kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kareem

Cool. Will pick up. 

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By TomA

Sweet!It'll be awesome to an enviroment other than a wasteland.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hexpane

It's weird other sites are also reporting this as "news" even tho this information is weeks old.

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By eduardo

I hope Anchorage comes soon!

adthomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adthomson

true that dtran its way over rated :P

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Systech

At this point, I just want to know when Operation Anchorage will be coming out.

By the way, thanks for pimping our guide with very awesome things to about it!

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hexpane
    Shini4444 said:
    "I can't wait to play in a new setting.  The Wasteland is great but starts to get old at hour 70."
    That is true, but how many other games last 70 hours?  I've also put the game down after about that many hours, max level and 90% of unique weapons found
    Metiphis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Metiphis

To anyone that says Fallout 3 sucks:

It's better than anything YOU ever made.   OOOOHHHH SNAP!
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Media_Master

looks like a well made expansion

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By isaiah

mega guide link or site is broken

blah blah blah operation Aborted

OneAfter909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OneAfter909

all of this still not coming to the PS3 version?

xborcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xborcx

I dunno, the level cap coming last seems odd, like it almost makes me wanna stop playing now and wait for that. Being at 20 right now, and its gonna be harder to get 30? I feel like my chances would be greater if I waited.

Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Destroyeron

Figures I just uninstalled F3 today, was so pissed at that shitty ending, I don't think I'll play anymore of it.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bulldog19892

That's great, but I'd rather have a patch (or 'title update') that would fix the incessant freezing in the game. I have one save where the game freezes less than a second after loading, every time, without fail. This is something I would like to have fixed.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bulldog19892

So what is this, like Fallout during the winter? That's an interesting idea, but it looks much less apocalyptic, bleak, and makeshift (weapons and buildings made from debris and scrap, you know) and more futuristic and clean, which in my opinion is a pretty big betrayal of the atmosphere and feel of the Fallout universe.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Snail

Expansion, sweet!

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By ColMustard
    hyperslug said:
    "Man i'm so bummed out that MS is keeping this from the PS3 version :/"
    you shouldn't have bought the inferior version... seriously though, I think I could be content just playing Fallout 3 for many years.  Its that good.
    valiantgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By valiantgoat

It bugs me that the third DLC release raises the level cap, it should be in the first release. I'll just be playing the DLC not getting experience, then get a little experience during the third release. I was already really bummed-out hitting the level cap in the enitial release while I still had a large portion of the game left. Ohh well, more Fallout is more Falllout so it's not the end of the world.  :P

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By The_Icon

damn, i wil miss out on this (PS3).

Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jason_Miami

There's a genius idea. Let's raise the level cap but only when you buy PC/360-exclusive DLC. Way to go Bethesda.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33  Edited By granderojo

This game is going to gamestop and getting traded in.

It's not because of the production values, they are great, but there are like giant bombers said so many burnt out car models and shitty looking trees tell you get tired of the scenery.

Baljot187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baljot187
    It's not because of the production values, they are great, but there are like giant bombers said so many burnt out car models and shitty looking trees tell you get tired of the scenery.

Yeah, the post-apocalyptic wasteland, definitely not known for its lush greenery and the beauty of human civilization. :|
    I also love the idea that people see an article about Fallout 3 and instantly have to come here and flame the game. Idiots like those are turning this place into Gamespot.

Anyways, really excited about the expansions, it's going to be a busy few months.
    eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By eXists

Compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3 is boring as hell after you finish the main quest.

JQuizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JQuizzle

i can NOT wait!!!!!

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By teptom
    Jason_Miami said:
    "There's a genius idea. Let's raise the level cap but only when you buy PC/360-exclusive DLC. Way to go Bethesda."

I don't understand why this always happens. It just alientes their PS3 fanbase
    lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lamegame621

hmm...renewed interest? i've put about 70 hours into this thing as well and am looking forward to some new content. Great guide too btw!

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I read that ninja suit works like a Stealthboy every time you duck. Can't wait for all of these packs. The increased level cap is going to be great, all those extra perks! /drool mixing Explorer and Grim Reaper's Sprint...seriously cool.

Avatar image for p_pigly_hogswine
    P_Pigly_Hogswine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By P_Pigly_Hogswine
    Jason_Miami said:
    "There's a genius idea. Let's raise the level cap but only when you buy PC/360-exclusive DLC. Way to go Bethesda."

They did the same thing with Oblivion, sans the level cap thing. Exclusive content you couldn't get for the PS3 even with the GOTY edition. Something tells me Bethesda aren't big fans of the PS3.
    Jason_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jason_Miami
    P_Pigly_Hogswine:
    "They did the same thing with Oblivion, sans the level cap thing. Exclusive content you couldn't get for the PS3 even with the GOTY edition. Something tells me Bethesda aren't big fans of the PS3."

Bethesda, like any other dev, is just a big fan of money and Microsoft obviously threw them some for this. These shady business tactics that Sony started and Microsoft is using now is annoying. If they didn't like PS3 I don't think they would have made the game for it in the first place.
    ackerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ackerus

Something about Fallout 3 just DOES IT for me..  Can't wait for all the DLC and if your thinking about trying the game don't let all the negative comments discourage you, its worth it.  I've gotten 50+ hrs out of it and expect to get another 20+ even before the DLC hits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.