Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

fallout 3 pc or 360 version ?

MasterZUUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterZUUL

im at a moral dellima witch to buy for .....  part of me wants to buy a pc game as its a pc franchise and i played all the others on a pc  and i need to put my 280 gtx  to good use but part of me wants the 360 version ... coutching it is fun plus i played oblivion on the 360 and enjoyed  the hell out of it  140 hours worth of it   ... part of me wonders witch it was designed for ... some times cross platform games feel wrong on the pc or vice vercia anybody play both the pc version and 360 version of oblivion and witch was better gameply or graphics was one outstanding better or was it just close ...... .........

TracedVelocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TracedVelocity

The typical (minor?) advantages for choosing the PC version of multiplat games come to mind.
    - Saving $10
    - Better graphics
    - Mouse & Keyboard
    - Mods

With a 280 GTX, I'm sure the game will run amazingly.

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By sociald1077

I'm in the same boat. The official word it that you should not be able to tell the difference between any of the releases if you set them side by side. But my problem is that I would most likely need to upgrade my computer to have that happen, and my 360 is sitting there unused. I don't know which system I will get it on. :(

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HitNRun

I'm torn, as well.

I figure there are a couple ways to look at this.

The 360 version will be probably be better out of the box like Oblivion was, the PC will be better after the patches and mods, also like Oblivion was. The interface and controls will most likely be "consolified" and annoying for PC users. PC usually loses out on these simultaneous releases. But Fallout could be an exception, so you might want to wait a couple days to see which userbase complains the loudest and pick the other one.

As above, the graphics will be better and the box will be cheaper on the PC, but operation will be guaranteed on day 1 with no possible hardware issues on the 360, and also the 360 gets achievement points :)

So yeah, that analysis solves absolutely nothing. Just throw a dart at the wall.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demilich

If you have a PC that can run it, that's the way to go for pretty much all games.

Mods, Graphics, Controls, [Illegally sharing with friends] and discount.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vlademir

If your PC can run it on medium/high at least with a good frame rate then get the PC version for sure. Otherwise, the 360 version. It's not much of a difference, just graphics/controls.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DualReaver

I'll be picking up the PC version for sure.

Josef_Nastra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Josef_Nastra

PC version for me.

deaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deaux

I find playing with the controller to be more relaxing, and I didn't need the precision of a mouse in Oblivion.  So, I think I might play it on my PC, lying in bed, with a 360 controller.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By atejas

PC version, after I get my new comp.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech

My computer just plain sucks for gaming and I want to get the best graphics possible to me so I am getting the 360 version.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By keyhunter

When it comes to multiplatform 360/PC games I usually get both so I can compare the graphics on my bitchin machine, whilst still getting achievement points. Also the developer actually makes money if people purchase the console version.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roger_Klotz

Im getting the  360 version so I would have to say the 360 version. I don't have a really good gaming computer too play it on p.c  either.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is bethesda, so definitely the PC

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Patchinko

280GTX?

Get the PC version. Mods out the wazoo. Chances are it'll look better, too.
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By calf_exercises

dude PC for shore.

graphics, mods, cheaper, controlls

nickzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickzed

the only reason to buy the 360 version, is if you dont have a PC that can run the game.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Jecrell

PC version ftw!

MerlijnVH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MerlijnVH

I don't know.

I played Oblivion on both my PC & 360 and both were equally enjoyable. I might have had a better experience on the 360 though, better performance and graphics wise compared to my slightly outdated PC. Then again, with the recent purchase of my MacBook Pro it means I could run either Oblivion or Fallout 3 at maximum settings this time, which means I won't have to worry about disc read errors and loading problems (which the 360 version of Oblivion was famous for). Something which they hopefully cleared up in Fallout 3. Then again, once the new major dashboard update is released and we can install our games it shouldn't be a problem again either. Decisions!

Dib9394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dib9394

Definitely, PC Version.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArchScabby

I'm going 360 all the way.  I'm pretty sure my tiny little laptop couldn't handle fallout 3.
    plus on the 360 i can get achievments : )

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By kush

If you are able to run the game smoothly with high settings on your PC then the answer is simple. A game like this will always be best on the PC, most notably because this game will have a fantastic mod community. Definitely get it on the PC if you can run it!

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zityz

If you ahve the PC to run it, then PC.
    If you don't, then 360.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lamegame621

If you have a 280 GTX, i would definitely get the PC one. Or both, this game is the number one thing I'M looking forward too.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Demyx
    MerlijnVH said:
    "I don't know.

I played Oblivion on both my PC & 360 and both were equally enjoyable. I might have had a better experience on the 360 though, better performance and graphics wise compared to my slightly outdated PC. Then again, with the recent purchase of my MacBook Pro it means I could run either Oblivion or Fallout 3 at maximum settings this time, which means I won't have to worry about disc read errors and loading problems (which the 360 version of Oblivion was famous for). Something which they hopefully cleared up in Fallout 3. Then again, once the new major dashboard update is released and we can install our games it shouldn't be a problem again either. Decisions!"
    Can you play those games on a Mac?
    Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Haze
    Demyx said:
    "MerlijnVH said:
    "I don't know.

I played Oblivion on both my PC & 360 and both were equally enjoyable. I might have had a better experience on the 360 though, better performance and graphics wise compared to my slightly outdated PC. Then again, with the recent purchase of my MacBook Pro it means I could run either Oblivion or Fallout 3 at maximum settings this time, which means I won't have to worry about disc read errors and loading problems (which the 360 version of Oblivion was famous for). Something which they hopefully cleared up in Fallout 3. Then again, once the new major dashboard update is released and we can install our games it shouldn't be a problem again either. Decisions!"
    Can you play those games on a Mac?"
    With bootcamp yes, I'm facing the same issue myself. I have a 24'inch iMac with 2gig of ram (4 soon) and a 512 MB GeForce 8800 GS. The only thing I have thrown at it so far that has made it splutter is The Witcher but I think thats more of a problem with the game itself than my mac. I honestly don't know whether to go for the PC or 360 version. Obviously with the PC version I get the mods but I'm worried my mac isn't up it.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunarbunny

I played FO3 at PAX, all the demo units were 360s. I will be purchasing it on PC however, as I just can't stand shooters using thumbsticks (well, and I don't have a 360). I suspect that the console-ization that has been mentioned won't be too bad though, if they're smart they'll make VATS use the mouse wheel or motion for target selection (although I'm sure that will be configurable). Considering it's still Gamebryo and I ran Oblivion reasonably on a 6800 128MB and now have an 8800GTS 512MB, plus it's coming out on 360 again, I suspect the requirements will only be slightly higher than Oblivion. I just hope inventory menus are of a more BTMod size rather than the oblivion default (it's 1920x1200, and I'm 2' away, I don't need huge icons and text)

I think that both 360 and PC owners will be satisfied with the release they get. I didn't do too badly on the demo (they asked me to let the next person play before I died, which seeing a lot of people dying, made that feel like an achievement).

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tekmojo

pee see

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lashe

360 for me.. I never really got into PC gaming properly. When I was growing up my rents split and I stayed with my mum, my dad took the comp and so I really only had the PS2 for gaming. Since then I've been used to, and now prefer, dual analog to Keyboard/Mouse. Plus, there's something to be said for being able to play the game on an HDTV sprawled out on the couch as opposed to hunched over a keyboard and mouse on a desk. 

And please, I know not all rigs are like that and I know that PCs can use gamepads, but 90% of the computers I've come into contact with would have that setup. I just couldn't really get into it.

I'm a student and as such don't have the money to constantly upgrade a rig -- if I can get 5+ years out of one machine and it plays all the latest games (albeit not at as good of quality), then I'm cool with that.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#32  Edited By citizenkane

While I do now have a computer to run it, I am getting it for the Xbox 360.  It's the kind of game that I want to lounge in a sofa while playing it for hours on end.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By Vaxadrin

Pick one:

-Buggy, glitchy, unfinished game that is eventually alleviated through patches & paid DLC.
    -Buggy, glitchy, unfinished game that is eventually alleviated through patches & user created mods.

I'll probably be getting both. :(

RadZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RadZombie

I'm actually getting both :S. I'm a total nut for the Fallout games and I want to have the experience on my desktop as well as in my living room. I know that my computer right now won't be able to run the game very well, but I'll be upgrading to a new MacBook Pro in the near future that shouldn't have any issue running it at full specs. I hope that Bethsoft makes it easier to use a 360 controller on the PC version this time around.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpecTackle

PC version without a doubt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.