Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Game breaking bug, anyone ever had this?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So Ive been (re)playing Fallout 3 on PC (after finishing it on 360 back in 08 or whenever it came out) and Ive been really enjoying myself, doing more stuff than I had done on 360 (wiki helps) and have been surprisingly bug free, except for a couple of CTDs... until just now.

Basically, everytime I level up from 13 to 14, I dont get any skill points or perks (like it never happened) and I stop getting xp... so now what? Anyone ever had this? I tried reloading the save a bunch of times. Guess ill try a older save, do a different quest and level up there to see if it matters. Im currently doing the "Them!" quest with the fire ants.

Anyone ever had this and has a possible fix?

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimmy_p

Do you have any mods? If not, install the unofficial patches atleast to avoid most bugs that still exist in the updated retail version

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By MildMolasses

A game breaking bug in Fallout 3!! GTFO here!

The only thing I found about xp glitches was something about checking your pipboy as soon as you get the level notification.

You probably have to just reload an older save, which sucks, but that game is full of bugs and reloading is probably the quickest and easiest way to deal with most of them

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What OS are you running it on? I've heard that it doesn't run well on anything past Win XP.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

i went and did another quest and it worked when I lvled up there, such a weird bug. I guess I should do the ant quest early in a lvl so it doesnt trigger the lvl up in that zone? Who knows, at least its fixed. Thanks guys

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.