Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

I want to play it again but..

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I've only spent around 60 - 70 hours on Fallout 3 and it's one of my favourite games, I want to get back into it but it seems hard. Why? Because I was so deep in jumping back into it would sorta be overwhelming wouldn't it? So what do you think - Continue my current game or start again?

Thanks.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Finish Skyrim first? Anyway I've found it hard to go back to Fallout 3 after playing New Vegas.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Strife777

I decided to go back to New Vegas (might finish some of that Fallout 3 DLC too) while I wait for Skyrim to arrive by my doorstep.

It wasn't so bad, it took a couple of minutes to get used to the controls again. The hardest part? Dealing with how broken it is. The game crashed after the first 10 minutes.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By hatking

@NekuSakuraba: I went back to Fallout 3 a few months after I put it down "for good." When I went back, though I had played quite a bit of it leaving many quest-lines open, I didn't have trouble getting back into it. In fact the reprise actually helped me in the long run. I went back to the game with a renewed interest and actually not only finished the main quest (along with almost every side quest in the game) but bought every piece of DLC and capped my character. I'll still throw the game every now and then to revisit the wastes.

My thoughts, yeah, go ahead and give it another shot. The journal is invaluable to catch you back up on all the stuff you've forgotten. Oh, and contrary to that previous post, I'd hold off on Skyrim. Playing on Bethesda's new engine might make going back more difficult. : /

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Finish Skyrim first? Anyway I've found it hard to go back to Fallout 3 after playing New Vegas.

Yeah, but I thought I would make the thread anyway so when the time comes to play Fallout 3 again I already have this thread made.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@HatKing said:

@NekuSakuraba: I went back to Fallout 3 a few months after I put it down "for good." When I went back, though I had played quite a bit of it leaving many quest-lines open, I didn't have trouble getting back into it. In fact the reprise actually helped me in the long run. I went back to the game with a renewed interest and actually not only finished the main quest (along with almost every side quest in the game) but bought every piece of DLC and capped my character. I'll still throw the game every now and then to revisit the wastes.

My thoughts, yeah, go ahead and give it another shot. The journal is invaluable to catch you back up on all the stuff you've forgotten. Oh, and contrary to that previous post, I'd hold off on Skyrim. Playing on Bethesda's new engine might make going back more difficult. : /

Thanks, and about playing Skyrim first I don't mind going back and playing Fallout 3 again. I know quite a lot of people didn't like the combat but I felt it really enjoyable and satisfying.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By uberpwner93

I find it hard to go back to Fallout 3 because I have done just about everything there is to do in that game. I've tried going back but I just can't do it.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By Little_Socrates

I recommend starting a new file with a new playstyle. Try a fisticuffs-only character; you'd be amazed how drastically that changes the dynamic of the game.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Aetheldod
    @Little_Socrates said:

I recommend starting a new file with a new playstyle. Try a fisticuffs-only character; you'd be amazed how drastically that changes the dynamic of the game.

This , remember part of the beauty of this games is that you can roll a character that does a very specific thing and/or acts in a particular way
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Okay, I'm going to head back up soon but what about catching up on the story part of the game? Would that be "hard" to back into? It's been 2 and a half years since I've played it so I'm worried I might be a little lost on the story part of things. (I've finished the main storyline, but I'm talking about character story arcs etc)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.