Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Is no Karma worth the Wired Reflexes perk?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I am planning on getting the Plasma Rifle from doing the ''  The Replicated Man'' quest however to also get the Wired Reflexes perk I would have to rat out the Android to Zimmer which will give me bad Karma (equalizing the good karma I got from the quest) So what is better? I am trying to go all out good on the game but is the perk worth it? and can I still reach maximum positive Karma by doing this? 

Thanks.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Definitely go with the A3-21 Plasma Rifle (I think that's what it's called). It's one of my favorite guns in the whole game, especially when you devote some points to Energy Weapons.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By yevinorion

I think it's definitely worth it to get both rewards. Sure you end up canceling out your Karma gain, but there are more than enough opportunities to max out your good Karma so it's worth it in my eyes.

junkrebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By junkrebel

The perk really isn't worth it when you consider how many other V.A.T.S. percentage increasing stats you get, such as Gunslinger, Commando and Sniper. I found that by the end of the game I was getting 95% on every body part from a good distance away making Wired Reflexes unnecessary. However, if you wish to get the perk first tell A3-21 he is an android, then ask if he'll let you kill Zimmer. Then, go to Zimmer, tell him who the android is, and then kill Zimmer and his bodyguard, Armitage. This way you'll get bad and good karma which balance each other out and the android will still remain friendly towards you. It is extremely easy to reach max karma either way in this game so don't worry about it too much.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By one_2nd

I just gave him that thing that convinced him the android was dead. also wasn't it dr. zimmer, and not zimmerman? Not trying to be a dick, just wanna see if i'm remembering correctly. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax
    @one_2nd: The name is Zimmer
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By one_2nd
    @natetodamax: Ok, that's what I thought. 
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By alistercat

Get neutral Karma. You can always get more good Karma elsewhere but the rewards from that quest are too good to pass up so get both and go with neutral.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By skrutop

The plasma rifle is a great gun for most of the game, and the Wired Reflexes perk is definitely worth it.  You'll have plenty of opportunity to raise your karma back up from doing other quests.  Or, you can just go to the Church of Atom and donate caps to get your karma back up.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @one_2nd said:
    " @natetodamax: Ok, that's what I thought.  "
    LOL, I failed hard on that. >__<
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @one_2nd said:
    " I just gave him that thing that convinced him the android was dead. also wasn't it dr. zimmer, and not zimmerman? Not trying to be a dick, just wanna see if i'm remembering correctly.  "
    What is it the convinced him he was dead? do I still get both the Plasma Rifle and the Perk?
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By one_2nd
    @NekuSakuraba: I bumped into some girl in the Rivet City Marketplace and she gave me something to give to zimmer. It convinces him the android's dead. All you get are caps and good karma if you do it that way. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @one_2nd said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: I bumped into some girl in the Rivet City Marketplace and she gave me something to give to zimmer. It convinces him the android's dead. All you get are caps and good karma if you do it that way.  "
    So I guess I might as well get no Karma, the weapon and the perk?
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By one_2nd
    @NekuSakuraba: It's all your preference. I don't wanna make a suggestion either way because I've never used the gun, so I don't know how good it is. If you're going for good karma do what I did. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @one_2nd said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: It's all your preference. I don't wanna make a suggestion either way because I've never used the gun, so I don't know how good it is. If you're going for good karma do what I did.  "
    The gun is the only reason I am doing this, I can still get good Karma and get the gun. However I could also get a Perk and the gun with no karma at all.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By one_2nd
    @NekuSakuraba: well if it was me I would do the last one since I didn't give a shit about my karma. at the time I didn't know the rewards so I just picked the easiest one. One thing, I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure if you rat out the android you get bad karma, not none. 
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @one_2nd said:
    " @NekuSakuraba: well if it was me I would do the last one since I didn't give a shit about my karma. at the time I didn't know the rewards so I just picked the easiest one. One thing, I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure if you rat out the android you get bad karma, not none.  "
    You do, however I you get no Karma in the case I am talking about. If I get the gun I agree to kill Zimmer that gives me good Karma. Then to get the perk I rat him out and get bad karma. In the end I get well, no karma since it balances out.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Just did it, any idea where to find some ammo for the gun?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.