Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Looking for a home of sorts

Graymalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By Graymalkin

I've just reached level 9 and I'm getting a bit frustrated with the sleeping situation in Fallout 3.
    Playing as this lone wanderer it seems realistic that I don't have a permanent place to live and sleep but being extremely low on health and money right now makes me want to find a place I can fast travel to and have a nap for a couple of hours. Having a workbench there would be nice too.

I have heard of the apartment in Tenpenny Tower you can claim if you blow up a certain small town.
    I did not do that, however I took a key off the body of a dead former inhabitant of this tower. Can I take over his apartment? If so, where can I find Tenpenny Tower?

Any other suggestions on finding a place to stay without spoiling too much would be greatly appreciated.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Did you do the bomb quest in Megaton?

Blayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blayze

If i'm not mistaken you can also get a house or sleeping loc. inside Megatron, but if you are on the evil side. I suggest blowing up the town, you'll get quite the spectacle and a free apartment aswell ;)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

Disarm the bomb and the sheriff of Megaton will give you a house. Blow up the bomb and what's his face will give you a suite.

Graymalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Graymalkin

The sheriff is dead and I took the key from the guy offering me to help him blow up Megaton. He is also dead now :)
    I really don't want to disarm the bomb to not offend the religious nutjobs in Megaton.
    Where is Tenpenny Tower located relative to Megaton?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PureRok

West-Southwest.

Edit: Even if the Sheriff is dead you can still disarm the bomb and his son will give you the key. Disarming the bomb has no effect on the followers of Atom or whatever.

Graymalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Graymalkin

Ah great! Thanks for the info PureRok!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By keyhunter

You could always shiv someone and live in their house.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ColMustard

plus when you disarm the bomb (which is what i did) your pad can be customized with Moira brown, to fit any need you have.  vault theme or pre war theme...etc... workbenches and mini clinics, its great but at level 9 I'd suggest not spending the money if your maintaining everything else ok.  Also, take advantage of the storage area in your home.  Don't carry weapons or armor, or even simple things like misc. objects that you dont need at the moment.  Keep your weight down so you can grab good stuff on future missions.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Bass

To be fair, the tenpenny tower apartment has all of the same perks as the one in megaton. essentially, as long as you do something with the bomb, you'll earn a living situation.

xXJ0N0K3RXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By xXJ0N0K3RXx

The tenpenny tower one also involves alot more travel to get to it with going up the elavator etc.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By atejas

I'd advise the Megaton House, unless you really like fresh water and jokes about catholic neutrons.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ColMustard
    xXJ0N0K3RXx said:
    "The tenpenny tower one also involves alot more travel to get to it with going up the elavator etc."
    yeah, plus I need a ghoul mask every time I walk in there now...
    xXJ0N0K3RXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xXJ0N0K3RXx

Oh id just kill all the ghouls if i were you get a follower to help you go to evergreen mills and buy the shotgun they get a damage bonus against ghouls

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.