Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

So, whose importing in Australia?

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DaveF

Since it was refused classification.
    Will you import, or wait for the edited version (which we will likely get).
    Personally, I think it's funny that it got RC for drug use, especially after seeing the violence present in the E3 stage demo. All those limbs flying off.....and it gets banned for a med pack with a different name.

RyanRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RyanRay

Depends how much gets edited. If the change morphine to 'happy juice' or something then I can deal with that, but if it's censored too much I'll import. The drug use thing really bothers me though, I mean, The Warriors had you snorting 'flash' to get health, and Christ, Bioshock was essentially a game about shooting up. If those got through, why does Fallout 3 get banned? OFLC need to get their shit in order.

elektrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 41

#3  Edited By elektrixx

I don't like the possible edits, but I won't resort to importing because of it, unless they never released it.

Sonofabiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sonofabiscuit

I'll most definately import a copy.

If I was to import it on PC would I need to get a patch or something to make it work on my aussie computer or is there no restrictions on that?

Womble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Womble

I think it's ridiculous that it was the Stimpacks that got the game banned over there, I mean just look at demos they've done and you can see stuff like Jet and Mentats in the game. For those who haven't played previous games Jet is pretty much the Fallout equivalent of Meth, you have junkies everywhere who just want a hit, things like that.

Hell, what about Half-Life 2? The suit administers Freeman morphine whenever he suffered large amounts of damage, in Bioshock you ram an oversized needle into your veins, even in Farcry 2, when your health gets low, you inject yourself with some kind of drug, though I bet that won't get banned or censored.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaveF
    Womble said:
    "even in Farcry 2, when your health gets low, you inject yourself with some kind of drug, though I bet that won't get banned or censored.
    "
    Don't tempt fate.
    KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KindGalaxy

If it remains to be refused classification by the OFLC then yeah, I'll be importing it, if it is edited and resubmited to the OFLC and is given a classification then I'll buy it in a store.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaveF
    KindGalaxy said:
    "If it remains to be refused classification by the OFLC then yeah, I'll be importing it, if it is edited and resubmited to the OFLC and is given a classification then I'll buy it in a store.
    "
    What if it was heavily would modified? Would it alter your decision? At this stage, I'd guess it would just be a name change to a drug that restores health, but if it was more than that....I dunno, I might import still.
    smoolander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By smoolander

Well apparently there is pressure on the classification board to review their original decision, so we may still get a non edited version of the game.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Demilich

I'll pirate it, and if it's any good then I'll import.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaveF
    Smoolander said:
    "Well apparently there is pressure on the classification board to review their original decision, so we may still get a non edited version of the game.
    "
    Pressure from who? If it's just a group of gamers, then I don't think the OFLC will be sweating too much.
    Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Rodin

If there is little change i won't bother but if it changes things that take away from the experience in any way I'll import regardless.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Captain_Insano

same as most. If it gets mildly edited then I will wait, if its never going to come then I will probably import

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rowr

Import on principle like I did with GTA 4.

I dont believe in censorship of media to adults. As the rating system inadvertantly makes it.

Not to mention the fact it will probably cost a third less.

Stupid country, failing to educate themselves and embrace change. Well i guess people dont want the responsibility to look after themselves, and/or their children, and need the goverment to do it.

YAY communist Australia.

Doobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Doobit

So here's a funny story - I can't find any news about the OFLC changing their minds, or an edited version being submitted, but i just walked past my local GAME shop and there's a big Fallout 3 coming soon stand right in the entrance!?!

I went in and mentioned the fact that it's been refused classification and the guy just looked at me blankly and told me the PS3 release date is Oct 31. Not that I trust these guys for a second, but then even if this is legit may as well import it since it will save me about $40.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By calf_exercises

I will wait and see what happens. but the chances are that I will end up importing the US version instead of a carpy editted version.

Latentk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Latentk

What is this about OFLC? What is going on down under?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.