Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

The Wasteland survival Guide glitch?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Hey, so I am trying to do chapter 3 of the Wasteland Survival Guide. I need to install some widget in RobotCo production however Moria never told me about the optional objective like there should be. 

How do I get the optional objective? 

Thanks.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Anyone?

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

It's been a while since I last played Fallout 3, but if memory serves me, it's possible to tamper with the mainframe within the RobCo factory. However, to do so, I think you need a high enough stat in a particular field (probably Science, but again, it's been a long time, so I'm not too sure). If you can disable the mainframe, you should complete the optional objective. 

If all this is bollocks (or even if it isn't), I'd recommend checking out the relevant page of the Fallout Wiki, or even Giant Bomb's Fallout 3 Mega Guide. Both are helpful resources. 

Hope this helps in some way :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I don't know the answer to your question, but you might find this awkward bit of information helpful:  

There is a factory with a nearby small building. The small building is at the base of a cliff face, inside the small building is a hidden switch/computer, -I can't remember which one, but when you activate whatever it is the stairs are revealed. Down the stairs are a bunch of extremely powerful robots with high health levels, when you destroy them and get to the end there is a whole bunch of high-quality loot for you to collect.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By natetodamax

Shall I recommend checking out the Fallout 3 Megaguide?

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Druminator

Did this yesterday. Gotta have Science skill at 50.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @dankempster: Yep you were right. 

One question though, I just leveled up and need to assign some skill points. Is it worth putting all of them towards the Science stat then the other 3 towards others of my choice? That will mean the the Science stat will be higher than all my other stats (execpt speech) but it will save me a hell of a lot of Stimpacks, Ammo and Time. 

Suggestion?
    Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NekuSakuraba:

Try to get your skills to 50, 75 and 100 since numbers in between those don't matter and you can boost your intelligence skills temporarily by using mentats...

I started my character with 9 in intelligence which boosts some skills and gives you more points to distribute every time you level up.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @BergDK said:
    " @NekuSakuraba:

Try to get your skills to 50, 75 and 100 since numbers in between those don't matter and you can boost your intelligence skills temporarily by using mentats...

I started my character with 9 in intelligence which boosts some skills and gives you more points to distribute every time you level up.

"
    But should I put nearly all my points toward the Science skill for this one occasion? It feels like a waste. Also, I sadly left my Intelligence at 5 when starting the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NekuSakuraba:

That depends... personally i cant stand not being able to hack or unlock stuff in rpg's... so those are the first skills i would do... and remember that with books and the raised level cap all your skills will be at or close to a hundred in the end... All my important skills where at a hundred before i hit level 20.

And try to find the intelligence bubblehead early on.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @BergDK said:

" @NekuSakuraba:

That depends... personally i cant stand not being able to hack or unlock stuff in rpg's... so those are the first skills i would do... and remember that with books and the raised level cap all your skills will be at or close to a hundred in the end... All my important skills where at a hundred before i hit level 20.

And try to find the intelligence bubblehead early on.

"
     Intelligence bobble head? Where is that? I have found the medicine one but that is all. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NekuSakuraba:

Its in Rivet City science lab... Which is part of the main quest. But as i said all your skills will end up at a hundred in the end. So its more a case of which skills you want to level up first...

For me it was science, lockpicking and repair, there are perks which significantly boost those skills which are worth taking early on as well.

Austin116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Austin116
    @afrofools: Which Factory? there is like five in the game isn't there? 
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Austin116: I dunno.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.