Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Fallout 4 Survival Mode

gkozma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gkozma
    AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I haven't played any Fallout 4 since I beat it two weeks after release. This looks like the perfect reason for a second playthrough. My biggest issue with the game was how easy everything felt once I upgraded my sneak attack and weapon damage. I was one shotting almost every enemy in the game on any difficulty setting, so having ammo caps and other health hazards will bring some of the role playing back for me.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a lot of Fallout 4 when it came out but never finished it. I've put a good 40 hours in since survival mode came out and it really is a better game. It forces you to engage with all of games systems and encourages you to actually spec a character with in a particular direction. Settlements have a point now as you need somewhere to stockpile gear and junk and reequip between missions. The low health and high damage makes all nearly all fights tense and things can go badly very quickly. The changes they made to fast travel are great, I've discovered a load of places I missed the first time round and I can navigate the northern part of the map pretty well by spotting landmarks. Playing it reminds me a lot of Stalker.

The only issue that I really have with it (aside from the Settlement Bug I have started running into) is that there is no save on exit. I'm not sure if the design would allow a feature like that to be added but a one time save that deletes itself when you load it would be really handy for when you have to stop playing because life intrudes.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gkozma: Whoa, I know this topic is a month old, but I haven't noticed they pushed the update with survival mode in it! I was kind of waiting for that for my second playthrough. Now I am just wondering if I should wait for the rest of the season pass DLC. I can't find any info on what is actually coming - I bought the Season Pass before the price went up, as far as I know all that was announced is out now (Robots, Workshop, Harbor)? I know there is more to come, but don't know what exactly.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: They haven't announced what the rest of the DLC will be. There are rumours that there will be two more workshop expansions (meh) and one big one called Nuka World based on some data mining but that might be inaccurate. Far Harbor is meant to be really good so I'm hoping for another big one like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.