Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

What mods would you like to see?

• 62 results
    larsmonsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With all the negativity around the release and the disappointment with some of the decisions around game mechanics, I think it will be alright when Fallout gets a workshop. Even though I am loving the game as it is right now, I for one would like to have:

• Optimized keyboard/mouse controls
    • Better graphics
    • Deus Ex dialog box (keeps the four alternatives, but you can see what's going to be said)
    • Weapon/Armor comparison
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

The main thing that I want right now is some better sorting and comparison options for weapons and armor. At the very least, it should be possible to sort by type (i.e. group all pipe pistols, shotguns, etc. and left arm, right arm, chest etc. together). There should also be sorting options in the transfer menu.

It would also be nice if I could set a max carry amount for consumable items and easily transfer any amount greater than that to a workshop.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By xymox
    • A fulton mod to bring loot, materials, people and containers back to your base
    • Revolver Ocelot replacer for the Mysterious Stranger
    • Quiet follower mod
    • D-Dog replacer for Dogmeat

Skithus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Removal of the Fusion Core system, why is it the robot can fly for 200 years, but I can't walk for 20 minutes.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grimhild

Besides the ones in the OP:

• Hunger/thirst mechanic
    • Equipable backpacks
    • Something like SkyUI for the God-awful default UI
    • A cosmetic slot where you can use the nifty looking-yet-worthless outfits over/layered with the armor bits.
    • Something that brings back at least the idea of the doctor skill/craftable splints etc. Fixing limb damage with stims makes the whole idea of limb damage pretty much meaningless.
    • An ammo press/reloading ammunition/different types of ammunition.
    • More headgear! Also the ability to have my gasmask up on my forehead during dialog at least.
    stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Deus Ex-style dialog trees
    • New UI
    • Graphics mods and ENBs
    • weapon and armor comparisons

You know, the basic stuff that the game should have had to begin with.

Usually most developers innovate and improve on their newer games. Somehow Bethesda has managed to regress backwards to pre-Skryrim territory. I like the game, but its a fucking mess. Fallout 3 was more polished than this in most places, and that's sad.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My two biggest complaints (that haven't already been mentioned) are both to do with the settlement stuff.

1. It would be nice to go into an overhead view when laying all the stuff out. That way you don't have to run around everywhere trying to get stuff to line up.

2. There should be a menu where you can see what every settler is assigned to. The current way it is set up is just bad. Oh, I need someone to man this thing, better run around looking for a random person....

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Nude Mod. I want to stare at some Bare Ass as I adventure through the wastelands.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Disable snap placement hotkey. Sometimes I want an angle and not to continue a wall forever.

2. Uncap companion limit. I liked having an army in 3 and NV.

3. Speaking of army, Enclave Commander for F4.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Seikenfreak
    1. Some kind of cosmetic gear slot as someone mention above. I wanna wear something like the Drifter armor but also have actual armor.
    2. A fix for 21:9 resolution HUD elements. Some of it is okay, other parts are stretched or in wrong place on the screen. Some elements disappear. Scope views and Power Armor HUD don't scale etc.
    3. A flashlight that is like an actual flashlight I guess. Not just a giant glowing aura. Also maybe as a weapon mod.
    4. New hacking mechanisms. Old one is a little boring.
    5. Stuff shared between settlements even without that perk.
    6. A buildable Protectron for settlements.
    7. Settlers automatically do stuff that is unassigned and needs to be done.
    8. Maybe like a Fusion Core charging station for settlement? Guess that isn't quite how an atomic thing would work but eh.
    9. A way to turn off power at various locations/bases in the world. For example, I go into an enemy encampment and they have turrets, lights, and power lines all over, I should be able to sever that connection somehow. Other than the terminal that seems to always exist after I've already had to blow everything up. And then I should be able to take that Turret, undamaged, and either loot it for more stuff or take the whole thing entirely, and put in my workbench storage for later use.
    10. Gates/Doors for settlements. Like big entry gates that have to be powered and open/close with a switch.
    11. Electric fencing for settlements? Has to be powered.
    12. ...A reason to have all this stuff for settlements?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BladedEdge

@mcshank: Already exists..because of course it does.

No, not gonna link it. Just happen to follow a "Best of "Bethesda's latest game mods" and, of course, it was front and center on the list.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Actually dark night time and a proper flash light.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Macho Man Deathclaws and Roddy Piper Super Mutants.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardcore mode! I loved that in New Vegas

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OurSin_360

Shadow cast on pip boy light and head light sources. (there is a prototype mod now that i just downloaded but haven't tried yet)

Texture overhaul mod, specifically for "rust" textures as they now look hand painted and low res.

Some kind of mod to make the base building better, add a grid based set up and birds eye view to quickly edit things.

An animation mod like the one i've seen for fallout 3, add some idle animations at least so everybody doesn't look like a robot.

"interesting npc" mod like skyrim, as the characters are pretty boring so far.

Some side quest and additional content mods, as the side quests are pretty boring so far as well.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A proper survival difficulty. I really dislike the way Bethesda designs the harder difficulties. Just making every enemy a bullet sponge is not fun, especially not when ammo gets real scarce. I'm waiting for a mod where both the player and enemies go down fast, along with some other balance changes.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: @seikenfreak: if you use the mining helmet the light on it works.

Hmm I have one of those, if the protections not too much worse than the army helmet I will use it, cheers.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clean faces. I want, no, I need the cleanest of faces.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A UI mod. At FOV 110, the pipboy is a quarter of the size of the screen. Even if it wasn't, the amount of stuff you can carry and equip makes the few displayable items on the list even worse.

I'm looking forward to gear sets. It's annoying to put on an outfit that gives +2 charisma to shop, only to have to then go back into the pipboy and individually select the 7 pieces of armor that were removed in a sea of gear that I've picked up to scrap.

Also looking forward to mods/changes to quests so that not everything boils down to "Travel to location X. Kill everything. Return. Go to location Y. Kill everything."

Holstered weapons.

More weapon variety. I'm really just not a fan of the pipe guns and they're -everywhere-.

@skithus said:

Removal of the Fusion Core system, why is it the robot can fly for 200 years, but I can't walk for 20 minutes.

There's a mod on the nexus that allows you to change the consumption rate of fusion cores so they deplete 25% slower, 50% slower, 75%, or do not deplete at all. I haven't tried it, but in a sea of fresh faces, juicy butt underwear, and ENB settings, the fusion core system is something people are working on.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi-er res texture packs would be cool.

What I really want though is something like the hardcore mode from NV - heavier ammo and a requirement to eat and drink. I really enjoyed that in NV.

@skithus: Just use the console commands and give yourself a fuck load of fusion cores, problem solved.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OurSin_360

@loafsmooch said:

A proper survival difficulty. I really dislike the way Bethesda designs the harder difficulties. Just making every enemy a bullet sponge is not fun, especially not when ammo gets real scarce. I'm waiting for a mod where both the player and enemies go down fast, along with some other balance changes.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/217/?

haven't tried it but that may be what your looking for.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

Infinite building resources...

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Ooooooh! Thanks! Didn't think there were any mods of that sort yet since the modding tools are not out. I guess just modifying some numerical values doesn't require them.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now, something to improve the UI for mouse and keyboard. Something to allow me to play at 144hz (or even 72) without things getting weird. I know the latter is a deeper engine issue than a simple mod could fix.

Quick swap between gear sets would be nice too. I'd like to have my specialty gear ready to go without having to switch each piece of armor one by one.

Obviously some visual mods. I've got tons of frames to spare with this old ass engine.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcshank said:

The Nude Mod. I want to stare at some Bare Ass as I adventure through the wastelands.

clean or dirty though

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some enhancements and new assets for settlement building would be great. The ability to have more than one companion and some weapons/armor from New Vegas would be my next most wanted mods.

bowjangles8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a mod that gives you a breakdown of each items ingredients from the loot screen. At the moment you can only see whats in an item by looting it and looking at it in your inventory. Also you can only know if its got something you need if its got the little magnifying glass icon. However some items will have more or less components than others, and also have more or less weight. I'd like a UI mod mod that gives this additional information so I can make better decisions about what to grab when looting.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A way to scrap items fully of their components when you store them at workshops. It's really annoying having to drop all my junk and individually scrap it all after a haul just to get the full use out of it. Or better yet just a way to do it in the pip boy rather than even being in the workshop Transfer menu.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By atomicoldman
    • A mod that changes Nick Valentine's name to Dick Valentine and all of his dialog to short clips of Electric 6 songs.
    • Dogmeat's bark becomes Homer as Poochy.
    • Replace the sun/moon with a giant floating Todd Howard head.

I'm a simple man with simple needs.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A way to scrap items fully of their components when you store them at workshops. It's really annoying having to drop all my junk and individually scrap it all after a haul just to get the full use out of it. Or better yet just a way to do it in the pip boy rather than even being in the workshop Transfer menu.

It does that already. Just store them all and it auto breaks it down when you need the components.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@alexw00d said:
    @whitestripes09 said:

It does that already. Just store them all and it auto breaks it down when you need the components.

But shouldn't it break that stuff down automatically anyway? There isn't really any use for the junk beyond the constituent components. It would make it easier to keep track of everything and stop you from having a massive list of junk in the workshop.

Also, to add to the above lists:

1. A way to see if armor on dead enemies is better/worse than what I've got on. Right now, you need to hit the "transfer" button to see the breakdown, but this should be possible in the primary loot interface. Also, I want a way to know if it will be better or worse with upgrades. It's hard to know if it's worth picking up the base level of an item and upgrading. Just because what I've got on is currently better doesn't mean it would be if the gear were at the same level.

Actually, just a better interface in general. The UI really, really sucks.

2. Some of the perks should be changed. In general, I'm not a fan of hiding convenience items behind perks, particularly when the convenience isn't necessarily tied to my character. For example, why do I need a perk to share inventory across workshops? You still need to assign someone to travel between places, but this should be possible without taking the perk. I currently feel forced to spec into Charisma just to take that perk so I'm not constantly fast traveling back to Sanctuary.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Ooooooh! Thanks! Didn't think there were any mods of that sort yet since the modding tools are not out. I guess just modifying some numerical values doesn't require them.

No problem fam, i've been trolling nexus mods all day looking for new stuff lol. I probably spend more time there than in game right now.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mute the player and restore full lines of dialog. Add more guns from previous games even if they're redundant. Make days and nights longer.

And the obligatory nude mod

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlexW00d

@lawgamer said:@alexw00d said: @whitestripes09 said: A way to scrap items fully of their components when you store them at workshops. It's really annoying having to drop all my junk and individually scrap it all after a haul just to get the full use out of it. Or better yet just a way to do it in the pip boy rather than even being in the workshop Transfer menu.

But shouldn't it break that stuff down automatically anyway? There isn't really any use for the junk beyond the constituent components. It would make it easier to keep track of everything and stop you from having a massive list of junk in the workshop.

Nah I like it like this. It means I can hit T to transfer all the junk and then go through and keep the stuff I wanna put in my house instead of having to transfer each piece of junk.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• A real estate mod, like the one in Skyrim, that allows you to buy any property and charge rent to those living in it. In Skyrim it was nice because it actually gave you something to do with your money in the late game.
    • A texture replacement mod because there are some real low-res, ugly textures that appear worse than those in Fallout 3.
    • A UI mod that allows me to reassign the Menu control options (eg, use WASD instead of arrow keys for selection.)
    • A way to make the settlements less of a hassle. (eg, remove the raiders attacking your base aspect of settlements)
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Backsteppo will redo some of the clothing that he made for Fallout 3 and make them for 4. All of the other mods that I used in 3 like "Fallout 3 Reanimated", "Weapon Mod Kits", "Sprint Mod" and "Games for Windows LIVE Disabler" should already be in 4 in one way or another.

Oh, yeah. And the obligatory Randy Savage mod.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

Mute the player and restore full lines of dialog.

I am right there with you. I like role playing in these games, if they want to add VO for people who would enjoy it, that's fine, but I want the option to turn it off so I can enjoy their games how I always have. So hopefully some modders can figure that out.

My other one would be a kind of oddly specific one, but there was someone, or for how well it was done maybe a team of someones who did a companion mod for New Vegas (and maybe 3 as well) that was called "Willow" and she was fully voiced and had quest lines and everything, almost, if not actually better than the Vanilla companions. If that person does a companion mod for this game I'll be all over it. That's the type of mod I would pay for, for how good it was.

Oh and of course having all of the companions follow you around at once.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By plop1920

Mod that lets you fill the crit gauge outside of V.A.T.S. The shooting is good enough that I hardly use V.A.T.S, I just want to pop in and execute a crit headshot, then go back to shooting ghouls

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:
    @itwongo said:

Mute the player and restore full lines of dialog.

I am right there with you. I like role playing in these games, if they want to add VO for people who would enjoy it, that's fine, but I want the option to turn it off so I can enjoy their games how I always have. So hopefully some modders can figure that out.

My other one would be a kind of oddly specific one, but there was someone, or for how well it was done maybe a team of someones who did a companion mod for New Vegas (and maybe 3 as well) that was called "Willow" and she was fully voiced and had quest lines and everything, almost, if not actually better than the Vanilla companions. If that person does a companion mod for this game I'll be all over it. That's the type of mod I would pay for, for how good it was.

Oh and of course having all of the companions follow you around at once.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/103/?

Again, haven't tried it because i like having player voice but there you go.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I want a decent UI so bad.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By wrecks

Mad Max Mod. Mod Max.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I would like a mod where I can have Dogmeat as a companion even if I have another companion. I don't see why I can't already. Dogmeat should just be able to always be there regardless. He's not that OP given that he goes down fairly quickly still- even if he is more capable of killin' dudes now.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By ProfessorEss
    • Overhead UI for basebuilding.

• Better equipment comparison

• All voices replaced with Stone Cold clips.

I like your Dogmeat +1 idea too @cornbredx, I'd like it even more if I could roll with two dogs - Dogmeat and Mutt:) ...also different breeds!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Capum15

@cornbredx: Hell, in New Vegas you could do Dog / ED-E + human companion. They should just do that again. As it stands it's really the only mod I want right now, because I'm meeting potentially cool new companions but there's no way I'm leaving my dog.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I want a better inventory management overlay and high resolution texture mod.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrecks said:

Mad Max Mod. Mod Max.

So cars basically?

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

UI mod that finally makes that god awful Pipboy interface work on a PC. Something like SkyUI for Skyrim. Kinda surprised there was never anything like that for Fallout 3/NV.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Oh wow, that was fast, for the game being out as early as it is the mod community has already got it's butt into gear, crazy.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• A mod that makes every piece of clothing skin tight so I can put armor on a tuxedo or dress or whatever.
    • Something along the lines of Frostfall from Skyrim (with it's own hunger system maybe)
    • The ability to craft unique bonuses found from legendary enemies.
    • Like everyone's been saying, better UI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.