Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Who's going to Fah Habah?

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

*Ahem* Sorry, I mean Far Harbor, so this comes out in about a week and some change and wanted to gauge the giantbombs community interest in it. Here's the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it.

The trailer looks pretty interesting and it seems to be emulating Point Lookout in terms of environment and tone, which if you were to take inspiration from a Fallout 3 DLC, that would be my personal pick. Point Lookout was by far my favorite piece of content for that game. From people that have gotten into the beta I've heard some good things but I'm still a bit wary. Fallout 4 left a strong impression on me at first but I fizzled out on it from an uninteresting main quest, too many radiant "kill some jerks in this location" quests and not enough unique side ones (that I was able to find anyhow), not finding settlement building all that fulfilling and combined with the bad load times on the Xbox version the more I played it put a bit of a damper on my wanderlust. Still, Bethesda has claimed this is the biggest landmass they have created for a DLC and since I'm digging the setting I could really see myself exploring every nook and cranny.

However even if Far Harbor is super good, the core of what Fallout 4 is could still keep me from fully enjoying it in the long haul. I haven't played the game since sometime in December and I'm hoping with all the patches, the first series of DLC in the can and maybe some lowered expectations I could maybe find a way to be really enthused about this game again. I'm very interested if Bethesda will get up to more Lovecraft nonsense, which was the focus of a fairly well known building in the base game of Fallout 3 and they leaned into it more in Point Lookout, I enjoy it when Bethesda tries to add some creepy or unsettling things that are beyond the horrors of war and radiation the series is known for.

Anyone excited for this DLC? Is it enough to bring you back or have you been all in since day one? Let me know! Bonus points if this turns into a conversation about Lobster recipes and all of us just saying Fah Habah all day.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You pretty much nailed my opinions as on Fallout 4, I likely will get the DLC but not sure if it will be right away or not. Far Harbor also gives me some Dragonborn vibes (the DLC not the character).

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Only that you articulated exactly what happened to me with the game major, and even the timeline. Yes, I want to finish Fallout 4 (sort of) and if this DLC is any good, I will get it. Looks interesting.... If I could just play the DLC I could potentially be happy.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought the expansion pass for $30 when they announced they were raising the price to $50, but I haven't played any of the content they've put out so far.

I played about 115 hours of Fallout 4 in the first month of release, but fell off after that. At the time I enjoyed it as much as any Bethesda game (which is to say, a lot), but I didn't end up finishing the main quest. From the time I bought the expansion pass my plan had pretty much been to wait for this specific DLC and use that as an opportunity to jump all the way back into the game and finish it 100% while also doing all the new content.

That is still my plan, but over the past month I somehow ended up deciding to do a complete Dragon Age series playthrough (I've played them all before, but never a full back to back to back of all the games since Inquisition came out). I'm just about finished with Dragon Age II, and after a quick pit stop with Uncharted I want to move on directly to Inquisition (never played the DLC in that either, looking forward to Trespasser), so I won't be playing Far Harbor right when it comes out.

After a few more weeks with Dragon Age I'll probably spend 100 hours or so with Fallout finishing up all the content and playing the new stuff.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Probably not me. I want to like Fallout 4 a hell of a lot more than I actually do. I was super disappointed with it when it came out, quit after 16 hours, started a new character several months later with tempered expectations and a few mods, and wound up enjoying it a lot more. But I still fell off of it after a surprisingly short amount of time. Actually, I didn't get that much further the second time around than I did the first time around.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Like a lot of ppl I fell off Fallout without finishing the main quest. But survival mode really reinvigorated my interest. The combat is a lot more tactical and requires you to use mines, grenades and drugs even in minor fights. The lack of fast travel and having to save at a bed really changes the pacing of the game and forced me to be far less of a completionist. Instead of teleporting around the map banging out missions by following a marker, I spend my time finding a safe route to a new area, setting up a camp there and exploring. The world feels much more interesting and I like learning to navigate it without using markers. It reminds me a lot of Stalker if that holds any appeal for you.

I'm about 60 hours in now and really enjoying setting myself a goal each time I sit down to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not me. Finished the main campaign, uninstalled, played New Vegas, and never looked back.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup! I am ready to go to Fah Habah. I like Fallout 4 a lot, even though it has problems. I have the season pass so I'm in for the long run.

Even though the questline was short, the Automatron DLC was cool. It introduced some more variety to the base game and the robot making was pretty well done. The two dungeons it added are maybe my favourite in the game.

The Wasteland Workshop DLC was... kind of lame. The added construction options and the ability to release wasteland creatures into your settlement is cool, but it still felt like there wasn't enough added content. More than Automatron, the added options felt like things that should have been in the base game.

I am looking forward to Far Harbour. After getting sick of speaking to Preston Garvey and fast travelling to and from the same handful of locations with my first character, I decided to add some self imposed rules for my second and current playthrough. Firstly, no fast travel. This has since been implemented with the new survival mode but I've been doing it already. Although it was cool in previous games, it actually feels detrimental in this one. You just end up seeing a lot less of the world. This was only made worse by going to and from Preston with those settlement quests. So my second rule is no Preston. I am level 65 and he is still waiting for me to rescue him from Concord museum.

So the lack of fast travel has kind of made this game into a 'walking simulator' for me, which is why I am excited by the claim that Far Harbour will have the largest landmass of any DLC they have done. Give me a new place to walk around with some new things to shoot and I'm happy. It will be really interesting to see where the game is after all the DLC is out.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

Not interested. I felt burned enough by Fallout 4 that I'm fine waiting for whatever is next.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fallout 4 was incredibly boring to me. The environments and story barely grabbed but this one looks better....too bad that the base game burned me on any content in the first place unless it's steeply discounted

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nope. Ended up really disappointed with Fallout 4 and I have no desire to play more of it. Maybe if Obsidian goes in for the expansions I'll be more interested but after 3 and 4 I can say that I really don't like Bethesda's take on that universe.

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda excited for it. I thought of Point Lookout when i saw the trailer, although I never got to finish point lookout. The Xbox 360 version was glitched for me. Every time i tried to do this one story mission, it would freeze up. So i could never progress further into that DLC. That was the last straw for me and i stopped playing Fallout 3 altogether.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

eventually!

i think it has a very cool aesthetic

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll play it. I liked FO4 enough, though I know it deserves the reservations many feel. Currently enjoying a fresh new character playing the new survival mode, although it needs some tweaks. Looking forward to new areas and new gear in the FH dlc, especially w/my high lvl beast of a character.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By paulmako

This is landing in a few days. I'm pretty excited. Presuming this was developed after the main game, it will be interesting to see how much post-release feedback they took on.

Obviously they're not going to be able to fix problems with the base game, but hopefully they can have more interesting quests and more meaningful player choices.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Excited for it!

Maine-born and raised! Maine Hype! (Maine almost never gets represented in games! except maybe in Alan Wake)

Regardless of Quality, i'm seriously just excited that it takes place in Maine. On some made-up island sure, but Maine nonetheless! Lobster and Moose monsters incoming!

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

As much as I was let down by Fallout 4, I still played the hell out of it and enjoyed my time. I actually already played Far Harbor to completion (if you remember, they offered a sign up for early DLC access) and I plan to post my thoughts on it on release day.

I think it goes without saying that if you liked what was in base Fallout 4, there's more of that here.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not sure what I find more fascinating. The way Bostonian's refuse to pronounce r's or the way British people refuse to pronounce t's.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Heck yeah! As someone who was born in Maine and lives in Maine, I am really intrigued to see what game developers think Maine "is" - what the people will sound like, what the surrounding environments look like, the quests and characters, etc. Honestly, I am super excited. I have already put many many hours into Fallout 4 and this is just the excuse I need to revisit it.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put 100+ hours into FO4, and have no desire to return. So I'm good.

superkebabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disinterest in finishing the side quests so likely no. I guess I'll just wait another 4 years until the next Elder Scrolls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.