Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 76

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A spin-off of the post-apocalyptic Fallout series, bringing the series' traditional role-playing shooter mechanics to an always-online multiplayer world in 22nd-century Appalachia.

Fallout Classic Collection only available via Bethesda Launcher

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As you may or may not know Bethesda are giving out free copies of the Fallout Classic Collection to anyone who played Fallout 76 in 2018, regardless of platform, will also come as no surprise given the full games release that these are the instructions for installing it;

To install the Classic Collection, just follow the steps below:

• Step 1: Download and run the Bethesda Launcher for PC
    • Step 2: Sign in to Bethesda.net with your account credentials
    • Step 3: Install the Fallout Classic Collection titles from the Games menu

Just another sneaky way to get their launcher on your PC from your friendly local Bethesda corp.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy84: It doesn't seem that sneaky. Fallout 76 has to be redeemed/played through that launcher. They're not just going to open up a webpage with a button that says "Download here!".

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

Honestly, every big company should just be using their store fronts. If they have the infrastructure set up to support having their own launchers why put it on Steam and pay Valve some % of game sales. Sure we will have to double click on a separate icon on our desktop to play different games but I think we will all get used to it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It is pretty clever to give you the two best Fallouts for having endured the worst one.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I don't think it is sneaky it is just you already have the account you play that game on tied to that launcher

That's just the easiest way for them to do this

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this an issue for any reason outside of the group that wants every game in Steam?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By liquiddragon

Is this the launcher that's hard to uninstall or was that just FO76??

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoOzak

I got the original Fallout for free with Steam, wasnt a fan. I'm not sure what I was expecting (something like Mutant Year Zero maybe?) but it just felt like a damn slog.

Anyway, this was to be expected. I'm not sure why anyone is shocked. Fallout 76/Bethesda does a lot of dumb things to make fun of or get angry at but i'm not sure giving away free games is one of them.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bethesda now has their own platform. They are not going to send 'their users' to a competing platform. I guess they could've been nice and just gave the users a DRM-free copy in a zipfile, but i'm not surprised.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Save us, Home of the Underdogs. :(

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fezrock

I mean, for folks who have the game on PS4 or Xbox One, it does seem shitty that there's no digital download available for them on those consoles. Or some other game download available if these games have never been ported over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.