Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Best Armors in New Vegas

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yaujtapool

Tell us about the best armors you have found in the game.
    If possible perhaps share with us how you have obtained them.
    And if any spoilers are present in the descriptions just put it under a spoiler warning or something. 
    This can be based on functionality i.e. DT or what you think are the best looking armors or both. 

Personally im looking for an armor with good dt.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bwmcmaste
    tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tskunk

In terms of DT, there's Power Armor — factionless T-45D, Brotherhood T-51B and Advanced, which are great at higher levels. Reinforced Combat Armor is pretty good for medium armor too.

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yaujtapool
    @tskunk said:
    " In terms of DT, there's Power Armor — factionless T-45D, Brotherhood T-51B and Advanced, which are great at higher levels. Reinforced Combat Armor is pretty good for medium armor too. "
    Im working with the brotherhood atm to try and get the training needed to use the power armor, since i think its probably one of the most powerful armors in the game at least in terms of DT as you mentioned. 

Though i have gotten the NCR ranger armor which has decent DT but is undoubtedly the most badass looking armor in the game. It was hard as hell to get though, since i was level 14 and had to kill the Ranger to get the armor.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @yaujtapool said:
    Im working with the brotherhood atm to try and get the training needed to use the power armor, since i think its probably one of the most powerful armors in the game at least in terms of DT as you mentioned.   Though i have gotten the NCR ranger armor which has decent DT but is undoubtedly the most badass looking armor in the game. It was hard as hell to get though, since i was level 14 and had to kill the Ranger to get the armor. "
    You can use NCR salvaged power armor without training. I'm not sure how available it is in the earlier portions of the game, but it's certainly the best I was able to find on my playthrough.
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By samcotts

Sporting the T-51b BoS armour at the moment. Best armour I've come across so far. DT25 (only have strength of 4, don't know if that effects the DT of armour or not?), STR +1, Rad Res, +25. The helmet DT6, CHR+1, Rad. Res. +8. 

Obtained it by: 

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yaujtapool
    @bwmcmaste
    I only encountered the NCR ranger with the armor once, and that was when i angered the brotherhood and they sent a kill squad after me. 

@samcotts
    Ive also heard there was enclave armor in the game, but im yet to find it or encounter any enclave.
    FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By FongGhoul

I'm at level 10 (or 11?) and just got to NV. I'm still wearing shitty Reinforced Leather Armor (DR 6). I just haven't seen that much armor around that's not faction armor. Sometimes I'll have that on and somebody will start shooting me. Usually takes me a few minutes to remember why. 

Am I just not looking hard enough? Is there better armor strewn about in earlier parts of the game?

supalink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By supalink

Remnant Armor (a form of Power Armor), need a certain companion side quest to acquire.

tskunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tskunk

Yes, the Remnant's Power Armor is an early version of Advanced Power Armor, which appeared in Fallout 3 as the Enclave's Power Armor. Obtaining this armor is also the other way of getting Power Armor training in the game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @supalink:@tskunk: It also exists in game without the need for a quest quest.
    The_unknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_unknown

The Chinese armors pretty good too .  it looks cool , works well and  lets you sneak and move fast with close to the same effect as the brotherhood armor does .  
    I found that armor at hoover dam in one of those towers and in a crate ... had to steal it but nothing bad happened when I achieved it.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Why does this thread have 16K views?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Why does this thread have 16K views?

"best armor in new vegas" google search

This thread is 3rd after the 2 wiki links

"best armors in new vegas" its 1st

Avatar image for rimesys_new_vagas
    rimesys_new_vagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

remnants armor is pre awesome but both helmet and body armor are heavily guarded by death claws but with help by companions its not so hard (recommend boone) otherwise elite riot gear (only obtainable on lonesome road)

Corbenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Corbenik

Even though this is old, I'll put in my opinion for those who still play this based on weight, DT, and perks and that they are faction-less (whatever bonuses the armor gives)

There will be two lists, one without any add ons, and one with all add ons.

No add ons

Heavy: Remnants Power Armor AKA Advanced power armor. Highest DT of any armor out there, plus rad resistance for both helmet and suit. It has less Rad resistance the the T-51 power armor and gives CHR -1, the T-51 gives CHR +1. With all the DT increasing perks and sub dermal implant, you have a massive 47DT against attacks, and 52 against melee (With proper perk)

Medium: Ganon Family Tesla Armor: Easily the best medium armor, Helmet gives 6DT, +5 rad resistance and -1 CHR (Just like remnants) The suit gives 26DT +10 rad resistance and +20 energy weapons. The suit looks just like the Remnants power armor, but is covered in little coils that give off electricity. Both these armors require power armor training to wear. Two Remnants power can be obtained, and only one Ganon Family armor can. Both can be obtained via "For Auld Lane Sane" companion quest. You get power armor training and the remnants armor by completing the quest but after it Arcade will ask if you want his help, if you ay yes, he will fight with you using the Ganon family armor, if no, he gives you the armor and can no longer be a companion. Another suit of Remnants Power Armor can be obtained from two locations. The suit is at the Deathclaw Promontory, its an unmarked locations on the other side of the river. There are roughly 24 Deathclaws, 7 young, 2 mothers, and 1 alpha male. The helmet is in Silver Peak Mine which is full of Cazadores and a Legendary Cazadore. The thing that sucks about these armors is that they have the LOWEST durability of any power armor in the game, if you don't have the jury rigger perk, they will break fast.

Light (clothing): Bounty Hunter Duster: 6 DT, +5 Guns, +1 CHR, can be obtained VIA Atmoic wrangler through a quest.

Light (armor): Vault 34 Security armor: suit 16DT, helmet 3DT, can be found in vault 34 only 2 exist. This one also has very low health

With add ons

Heavy: Sierra scorched armor (Lonesome road), 24 DT +2 HP, +1 STR, +25 fire resistance. Has a little less DT than the remnants but 4 times the durability

Medium: Tied with Ganon Family Tesla Armor and Elite Riot gear (Lonesome road), The ganon is tougher, but the they both give unique perks. Elite gear suit 22DT, +5% critical chance, +10 guns, Helmet: 6DT, +5 speech, +2 PER, Sneak sight (Night vison while sneaking at certain times of day)

Light Armor: Sierra Madre Reinforced Armor (Dead money), Suit DT 18, Helmet 5DT. Even though there are a lot of light armors that give cool bonuses, this one DT blow em out of the water.

This is kind of my opinion over others but I think that the stealth suit MK II (Old world blues) is the best medium armor when it has all its upgrades No helmet, but the suit gives, 14DT, +25 sneak, +1 AGL, +1 PER, +20% sneak speed, (speed while sneaking). This paired with the Old world blues sneak speed implant makes it so you can sneak faster than you can run. Which makes it perfect for players who like their sneak attacks.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Geralt

I roll around in "Wasteland Wanderer" outfit and talk my way out of almost anything. I think it look kinda badass for traveling around the wasteland in simple cloths.

Never use "Power Armor" though...they look...villian-ish to me.

Vect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vect

Never used Power Armor. I generally prefer playing a sneaky character. As such, I used the Chinese Stealth Suit in the vanilla game. Afterwards I moved onto the Assassin Suit in Dead Money, then the Stealth Armor of Old World Blues and finally the Riot Armor in Lonesome Road. Afterwards I sorta wore the Courier Duster (House) as my signature thing.

derpking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By derpking1

@tskunk: you can get training in the BoS and possibly with the vangraffs???

reply to tskunk

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I run around naked and punch things. Like a real man should.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What is it with all these necros?

bayushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Daragh_Fields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Daragh_Fields

You know,it realy sucks tht all the best and unique armours originally belonged to other people...sure theres the armour that comes with the couriers stash but they have no effects...future fallouts shud have an 'enchanting' option for armour and weapons-add your own stats,names...maybe give them a unique look....like who REALLY wants to be wearing the blood stained,hand me down gear of the headless dude you just headshoted!?:D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.