Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnLocke

Hey all,

I was just wandering if the Playstation 3 version of Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition had removed some of the bugs people were complaining about from the original launch?

I traded the game in last year and kind of regret doing so and am thinking of picking up the GOTY edition so I can get all the DLC in one go with the game but some reviews on Amazon about lag issues on the PS3 are putting me off. Thoughts?

Thank you.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SexyToad

Can't you get updates for the game? Wouldn't they have fixed the bugs by now?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

@SexyToad said:

Can't you get updates for the game? Wouldn't they have fixed the bugs by now?

You'd think that but Bethesda has traditionally bucked established norms.

I don't have any firsthand experience with the FO:NV GOTY, though.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By apathylad

Aren't the PS3 versions of Bethesda games known for being the buggiest of the three?

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Apathylad: @Ravenlight: Yeah the PS3 releases for Bethesda games have a track record of being straight up broken at launch.

I am sure at this point of time FO:NV is at least playable, but I'm sure the PS3 would still be the least stable of the releases. I'd recommend you look for it on at least PC if you can run it and are able to.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BlackLagoon

I've played through a decent chunk of the PS3 New Vegas GOTY, and so far the experience has been on par with the Fallout 3 GOTY... Meaning mostly fine. Things only started getting hairy a bit into the DLC, with massive slowdowns at times. Clearing out the cache and turning off autosave helped then, so I expect it'll do so with New Vegas too.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnLocke

I may wait for the PC edition then as it sounds like there are still some issues. Hopefully a nice sale on a certain digitial distribution site happens soon ;)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @JohnLocke: I bought the game on release day, when I beat it I sold it only to buy it a year later (Skyrim hype I guess?) Anyway from what I could tell the game was definitely better on ps3 but not perfect. There is one section of the game that the framerate drops below 10 or so and thats shitty. But overall, it is a much better, cleaner experience. I'm with you though, I might just have to grab the pc version where it will run silky smooth!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.