Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Fallout: New Vegas Pre-Order Content Announced

• 72 results
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Considering I've been dressed as a raider for over 100 of the hours I've played in Fallout 3, I'm obviously going with that one. Though, I'm disappointed with the costume. They could have at least tried to make it a little more original.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By c1337us

I hate pre-order bonus of in game content. Give away free schwag and all that shit as much as you want. But game content should be standard.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Rebirth1337
    @CaptainFish said:
    "

Sometimes you have unique weapons or even just weapons you can't get access to, which stops you from using it to the degree you want. Having set packs you can just apply will be more efficient. I hope they streamline more stuff about how Fallout works.

You can repair the unique versions of each weapon with a non unique weapon of the same kind. 
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Daveyo520

My favorite part about the Steam one is all the other games I get with it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hatking

Well at least all the bonuses seem like bullshit so I won't feel bad for waiting on this one.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By DystopiaX

So...limited editions get fucked? goddamnit.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DystopiaX
    @KinjiroSSD said:
    " @Metal_Mills said:
    " @gosukiller said:
    " @Blueman said:
    "

I can not wait for this game. Hopefully Alpha Protocol is no indication for the quality of this game.

"
    The trouble with AP was the engine (and gameplay as a result of this). This game already had the engine made by Fallout 3. Don't worry, this will be awesome. "
    Kotor 2 and NWN2 were wrecks as well. Come on, lets be serious. Obsidian are TERRIBLE on a technical level. This game will run worse than Fallout 3 I can almost guarantee it. "
    Running worse than Fallout 3 would be quite an accomplishment. "
    Kotor 2's poorness, at least, was due to the short dev cycle given. They have admitted that. Bethesda has given them plenty of time for this game.
    captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By captainfish
    @Rebirth1337:

I realize that, what I meant is, sometimes you get access to unique weapons that you don't have the mundane analog of to use to repair. I had the android's Plasma Rifle before I had even received a mundane version. Even though I was an energy weapon focused dude, and it was my strongest weapon, I couldn't use it for fear of running it down. Also if you can repair, say Lincoln's .45 cal repeater with a completely different caliber hunting rifle, why can't i use the vanilla assault rifle to repair a chinese one, or vice versa? I also had trouble finding people with better repair skills than my dude, and they would often charge ridiculous prices for those good weapons. I do like the system, it's just not perfect. Having to carry similar weapons for repair is fine, I just think having a more generic repair pack could be a cool addition. Even if they are more expensive, and can't repair as high. A feature like the ability to break down your surplus gear into generic repair kits would be an innovation, and also help the encumbrance system.

tl;dr I think there's room for improvement.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Quacktastic

I pre-order stuff all of the time, but never for in-game stuff.  I just want the best price (and it's Amazon 99% of the time).

I don't even use most of the codes I get.

Does anyone else rather 3-5 dollars knocked off rather than some goofy item?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By mewarmo990

They're all equally useless.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that finds exclusive in-game content extremely off putting?... Pre-order shit and premium dlc has completely stopped me from buying games at launch this gen. I'm going to wait for the goty edition of this along with Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By gbrading

If the content of Fallout 3 is anything to go by, these packs are rather useless in game itself. Once you get hold of an assault rifle and some Power Armor that can be repaired you're all set. Still, a pair of binoculars would come in handy...
    RapaRipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RapaRipa

All those items fly out the window once you get the Power Armor and a decent rifle. So, meh!

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am in for Amazon's; while I would prefer the Vault 13 gear because of my history with the franchise, I tend to have a much more pleasant buying experience through Amazon. Oh yea, you also get a freakin' machete! 

klinkcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By klinkcow

dumb

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#67  Edited By fox01313

Hrm if it's all in game items I can usually care less as I tend to find that there's a wide variety of items that tend to be useful. Think I'll wait until they get closer to the game coming out to see if there's anything else common to all these (similar to the pip boy bobble, art book, etc.) then pick one but if it's just in-game preorder fluff then I'll pass.   

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
    deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

The collector's edition looks sweet for this one (if priced right) but meh. My biggest concern is how well the PS3 version is going to play, since GOTY Edition Fallout 3 is BROKEN and they don't care since they have their money.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By mason

Same graphics engine, but would it be impossible to spend some time on adding more variety to the faces? Everyone still has Fallout Face. In that no matter how they tweak it, every male kind of looks vaguely like Sam Neil (Jurassic Park guy). 

It may sound like I'm exaggerating, but the same-y faces could be the one thing that keeps me from coming back for more fallout.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#70  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Given that the Hard Mode sounds appealing to me, if I were to get this my choice would be none of the above.  Hard to feel like a survivor with free loot :)

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By zitosilva

I can understand the appeal of a pre-order bonus when you're getting something cool. It doesn't have to be unique, nor does it have to be something impossible to acquire ingame.

Now, when a pre-order bonus gives me 5 stimpaks? That's just plain weird.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By rentfn

tis but a bummer that dlc campians have left tears and in some cases blood in their wake. I want the vault armor, viva the orignal, but i want that from best buy but now amazon wants me to take a look at her bundle...did you hear them say that?...ok let us hear what they have to say, I'm sure the first third will be unintelligible, but they just welcome each other during that section.When we have reached the meat of the show...I hope we know wha it too to take all the decent DLC and mutilate it into the hand of the problems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.