Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Mojave Wasteland adventures (part 1)

Avatar image for makoto_mizuhara_sakamoto
    Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Starting today and going on for any number of Mondays (until completion), I'll be telling y'all of my grand adventures through the (ultimate) wasteland of the Mojave desert in Fallout: New Vegas as told only in the way a patient wayfarer would. Please note this is only a semi-serious initial play-through, so please be calm and realize the elements of humor present in here as you come across them. Enjoy!

The Doc's Place

Waking up after from being left for dead, I discover a whole bunch of crap in my sack that wasn't there when I started that job. A sturdy over-under shotgun, a wathered-looking sidearm, and a grenade launcher, amongst other things lie with my usual medical supplies and trusty canteen. Upon gaining some form of consiousness I look over at the man who was caring for me. He adressed himself as Doc Mitchell and asked me my name. I answered with my name- simply Gabe Monroe. I wanted to slap the living shit out of him for deriding my parents' choice of name, but that'd be contrary to my current situation. He had to go muddling around in my head for a bit to get all the lead out of he, so he handed me a mirror so I could examine myself to make sure nothing was out of place. Sure enough, everything was in place- my beautiful black skin, my dazzling green eyes, my purple Sarge haircut and survivalist beard, everything about my manhood was in order. All the doc could say was that "everything that mattered was in order". I REALLY wanted to slap the shit out of him. After helping me up, he took over to some "vigor-matic" thing and had me test my skillset real quick. Turns out I perform real well after being shot in the head, but something in the back of my mind... you get the point. He then sat me down for a quick psychiatric evaluation and found that I'm plenty good with guns, technological stuff and speaking. Pretty accurate, I'd say- first time all day I didn't want to slap the hell out of him. Before we were done, he wanted to get a quick medical history from me so he wouldn't assume I had a family history of being shot in the head. Racist bastard. In exchange for that, I thanked him for healing me up... and took him for his guns, ammo, medical supplies and other assorterd sundries.

Back On My Feet

Afterwards, I strolled on out of the place and headed out into the bright midday sun and wandered around for a bit. I wandered into a nearby schoolhouse to see what they were teaching the kids these days out here... turns out it isn't much, since the place was abandoned, save for the little green bastard bugs wandering around in there. Wandering around a little bit more, I come across the 'bot that saved my hide. Don't know why he's called Victor, don't care. All I know is this- he/it saved my hide and got Doc Mitchell to heal me up good. After walking into the bar and (nearly) getting mauled by a husky (why does that ALWAYS happen to me?), I get greeted kindly by Sunny Smiles. She's fine... for a white girl, I'll admit she's DAMN fine. She took me out back and gave me a shit rifle to play around with for a bit. She showed me around a bit and gave me a few caps for taking care of some geckos for her. Hell, she even taught me out to make some healing powder from a couple of simple plants found out here in the wasteland! We headed back into town towards the bar.

Shit Heats Up A Bit

Walking into the bar, I see a man arguing with a woman in front of the drinking portion of the bar. Turns out the woman is Trudy (the owner of this fine establishment), and the man was a scumbag "Powder Ganger" by the name of Joe Cobb. Turns out he's after a man by the name of Ringo. After speaking with Ringo (who is in hiding), I've managed to enlist Sunny and Trudy to help him and myself against the powder gangers. Just need to get an old codger by the name of Easy Pete and the General Store owner named Chet. Things are starting to get a bit more interesting now.

Well, that's it for today. I'll have more when I continue this fine adventure later on. Thanks for reading!

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting today and going on for any number of Mondays (until completion), I'll be telling y'all of my grand adventures through the (ultimate) wasteland of the Mojave desert in Fallout: New Vegas as told only in the way a patient wayfarer would. Please note this is only a semi-serious initial play-through, so please be calm and realize the elements of humor present in here as you come across them. Enjoy!

The Doc's Place

Waking up after from being left for dead, I discover a whole bunch of crap in my sack that wasn't there when I started that job. A sturdy over-under shotgun, a wathered-looking sidearm, and a grenade launcher, amongst other things lie with my usual medical supplies and trusty canteen. Upon gaining some form of consiousness I look over at the man who was caring for me. He adressed himself as Doc Mitchell and asked me my name. I answered with my name- simply Gabe Monroe. I wanted to slap the living shit out of him for deriding my parents' choice of name, but that'd be contrary to my current situation. He had to go muddling around in my head for a bit to get all the lead out of he, so he handed me a mirror so I could examine myself to make sure nothing was out of place. Sure enough, everything was in place- my beautiful black skin, my dazzling green eyes, my purple Sarge haircut and survivalist beard, everything about my manhood was in order. All the doc could say was that "everything that mattered was in order". I REALLY wanted to slap the shit out of him. After helping me up, he took over to some "vigor-matic" thing and had me test my skillset real quick. Turns out I perform real well after being shot in the head, but something in the back of my mind... you get the point. He then sat me down for a quick psychiatric evaluation and found that I'm plenty good with guns, technological stuff and speaking. Pretty accurate, I'd say- first time all day I didn't want to slap the hell out of him. Before we were done, he wanted to get a quick medical history from me so he wouldn't assume I had a family history of being shot in the head. Racist bastard. In exchange for that, I thanked him for healing me up... and took him for his guns, ammo, medical supplies and other assorterd sundries.

Back On My Feet

Afterwards, I strolled on out of the place and headed out into the bright midday sun and wandered around for a bit. I wandered into a nearby schoolhouse to see what they were teaching the kids these days out here... turns out it isn't much, since the place was abandoned, save for the little green bastard bugs wandering around in there. Wandering around a little bit more, I come across the 'bot that saved my hide. Don't know why he's called Victor, don't care. All I know is this- he/it saved my hide and got Doc Mitchell to heal me up good. After walking into the bar and (nearly) getting mauled by a husky (why does that ALWAYS happen to me?), I get greeted kindly by Sunny Smiles. She's fine... for a white girl, I'll admit she's DAMN fine. She took me out back and gave me a shit rifle to play around with for a bit. She showed me around a bit and gave me a few caps for taking care of some geckos for her. Hell, she even taught me out to make some healing powder from a couple of simple plants found out here in the wasteland! We headed back into town towards the bar.

Shit Heats Up A Bit

Walking into the bar, I see a man arguing with a woman in front of the drinking portion of the bar. Turns out the woman is Trudy (the owner of this fine establishment), and the man was a scumbag "Powder Ganger" by the name of Joe Cobb. Turns out he's after a man by the name of Ringo. After speaking with Ringo (who is in hiding), I've managed to enlist Sunny and Trudy to help him and myself against the powder gangers. Just need to get an old codger by the name of Easy Pete and the General Store owner named Chet. Things are starting to get a bit more interesting now.

Well, that's it for today. I'll have more when I continue this fine adventure later on. Thanks for reading!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I bet I played the beginning three times before I was satisfied.

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, when one creates a black man with a purple hair-do and green eyes, or an Asian gal that's COMPLETELY fucked in the facial department (my little brother's profile)... you just run with it.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deathstriker666

Be sure to head North rather than South

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll consider that when I go back to my save. I still have the Powder Gangers to contend with.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Claude

I went west and tried to go north. I think. I met some Deathclaws and made my way back east. My tail between my legs style.

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How bad're these Deathclaws? And remember, I'm packing the Ultimate Edition of the game w/ ALL the DLC (Mercenary Grenade Rifle, Caravan Shotgun, Weathered 10mm...).

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Fajita_Jim
    @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

How bad're these Deathclaws?

They don't take too kindly to being shot at. Even at level 28 I have to keep my distance or risk "Don't need a stimpak yet OMG I'M DYED!"
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGodPoet

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Deathclaws are fucking strong. If you ever see one and you happen to have on Brotherhood armor and a gatling laser.......RUNNNN FOR THE FUCKING HILLS IT WON'T HELP. So to answer your question they're very bad.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Claude

Let's just say, I wasn't ready for them early on. The game wanted me to go down a safer path and I took it after that excursion. There was some mutants over there too and they didn't take kindly of strangers being there.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Don't mess with the deathclaws that early on. Not only are they tough individually, but they usually come in packs. Oddly enough, though, when you encounter the great poobah of deathclaws in the game (in a cave), the pathways are so narrow that it's easy to get him hemmed in. You can take potshots at him at your leisure.

Also, fun write-up. It's cool to see people like you and dankempster do walkthroughs of big RPG's.

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Funny thing is, this is my first time doing this. I wrote it as I was playing, so this is the more imaginative version of a YouTube video which would be basically the same thing... only with moving pictures and sound.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deathstriker666

You can get around the Deathclaws. The road up the from the gas station in town is a less dangerous alternative. Going directly to Vegas saves you a lot of the early game bullshit.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#14  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Well, keep on keepin' on. I eat shit like this up. A tip of the hat, sir.

sotyfan16_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sotyfan16_2

You have a number of thoughts running through your head when you play games. I zone out. Doesn't matter if I'm playing something like BF3, Uncharted, or L.A. Noire; my mind is in my character.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Deathclaws are eveil motherfuckers all throughout the game. They never become easy. Reading this reminds me of how much I loved FNV.

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I shall, good sir. I shall.

@sotyfan16_2: Well, here- the way I'm writing it, I AM the character. That IS the purpose of an RPG after all... right? Here, I can forget that I am Daniel Owen Harrison ( a white, middle-class kid of 22 with a cart-pushing job) and become Gabe Monroe (a semi-suave black male sporting the funkiest purple hair this side of the Hoover Dam in the life-or-death position of Courier).

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TentPole

I love this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.