Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Old-ass engine/graphics

• 122 results
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By RsistncE

Holy shit someone pooped in this thread. 

No Caption Provided
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @RsistncE said:
    " Holy shit someone pooped in this thread.  "
    Well at least it was here, and not in ryanwhos front yard, or a restaurant. 
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Someone will release a high-res texture mod for this and it will look fabulous.  I was playing Fallout 3 over the weekend w/ NMC's texture mod installed, and it's still one of the best looking open world games I've ever seen with the right texture work.  It's just too bad Bethesda didn't offer that kind of visual quality out of the box.

Of course, you guys are probably talking about the console version, in which case, there's no help to be had.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Rebirth1337

Eh I wish they were better but it looks like FO3 to me so I'm fine with it. Graphics < Gameplay for me.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ryanwho
    @Krakn3Dfx said:
    " Someone will release a high-res texture mod for this and it will look fabulous.  I was playing Fallout 3 over the weekend w/ NMC's texture mod installed, and it's still one of the best looking open world games I've ever seen with the right texture work.  It's just too bad Bethesda didn't offer that kind of visual quality out of the box.  Of course, you guys are probably talking about the console version, in which case, there's no help to be had. "
    They're trying to rationalize their limited console experience by acting like suddenly they never cared about graphics.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By trophyhunter
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Krakn3Dfx said:
    " Someone will release a high-res texture mod for this and it will look fabulous.  I was playing Fallout 3 over the weekend w/ NMC's texture mod installed, and it's still one of the best looking open world games I've ever seen with the right texture work.  It's just too bad Bethesda didn't offer that kind of visual quality out of the box.  Of course, you guys are probably talking about the console version, in which case, there's no help to be had. "
    They're trying to rationalize their limited console experience by acting like suddenly they never cared about graphics. "
    Still fighting the fight?
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ryanwho

Im not sure what you mean. I'll just assume you're baiting and don't intend to enter the discussion. You should probably get back to shitting on the Wii's graphics while acting like PC versions of games offer nothing better just for looking better. Cus you're a cartoon. So dance.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By trophyhunter
    @ryanwho said:
    " Im not sure what you mean. I'll just assume you're baiting and don't intend to enter the discussion. "
    No I don't care anymore, you can continue to waste money on your PC all you want.
    Either that or your not spending any money at by pirating everything, thus destroying the industry.
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @trophyhunter said:

" @ryanwho said:

" Im not sure what you mean. I'll just assume you're baiting and don't intend to enter the discussion. "

No I don't care anymore, you can continue to waste money on your PC all you want. Either that or your not spending any money at by pirating everything, thus destroying the industry. "
    Yep, PC gaming is dead, proven by this article:

http://kotaku.com/5666690/30-million-accounts-and-other-impressive-steam-numbers

Also, over 200 games on my Steam account, obviously NOT pirated.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Krakn/games/?tab=all

As long as I can pick up games like FO:NV, Dead Rising 2, etc. that look and run MUCH better on my midrange PC than on any current console, I will keep fighting the fight, yes.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Krakn3Dfx: have fun
    MrHammeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MrHammeh
    @Finstern: 

20 hours already, I am jealous.  =P  I played FO3 on the PC though and had no memorable glitches so hopefully this one will be the same for me as I decided to play it on the PC as well. 
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By jorbear
    @trophyhunter: Best. Comeback. Ever. 
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Fallout 3 was ugly and bland.  Its a real shame that they just did a wash job on this new game.  When will we actually get a great game?
    Sn1PeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Sn1PeR

This thread is going to make me reinstall Fallout 3 to take some epic screenshots.  You simply cannot complain about graphics quality when you are playing a console game -- that's like saying you are a "graphics whore" but don't own a gaming PC.  Fallout 3 is a beautiful game and looks absolutely amazing on the PC.  And no, the purpose of this post is not to bash consoles, I myself am playing this game on the 360 right now (I get to play my little brother's copy until Thanksgiving :P).  The purpose of this post is simply to point out the hypocrisy of generally bashing a game for graphics when you are playing a graphically inferior copy.  It comes with the territory of cheaper hardware and the convenience of popping in a disc to play -- you have to sacrifice some graphics quality to get a game to play on a $200 piece of hardware, of course it will look better on more powerful hardware.  The game has great gameplay regardless of what platform you play on and will probably end up being my favorite game of the year.   To the op, I see that you do in fact have a steam account so this isn't really directed at you, but when I read about people bitching about graphics and calling themselves graphics whores it really bothers me when they don't have a Steam account. 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#115  Edited By Geno
    @Sn1PeR: FO3 on the PC looked awful as well. The console version of FNV looks worse than FO3, therefore it can be inferred the PC version of FNV will probably look worse than the PC version of FO3. And yes, even the PC version of FO3 was ugly. Low res textures, green filter, crappy lighting, rudimentary effects etc. 
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#116  Edited By Driadon
    @Geno: The PC version of NV, so far, looks better the the PC version of FO3. I'm still with you, though, Gamebryo looks ugly as sin compared to just about any other modern game engine.
    kollay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#117  Edited By kollay

"Why is our color palette consists of only green and brown?"

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Mikewrestler5

That's fine with me. 
    I still need to get back into Fallout 3.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I just hate the look and how it works. Freezing the enviroment when in dialogue does not help immersing me in the world. It's little things like that, that worked back when Oblivion came out, but just doesn't cut it anymore.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Edwardryu

I like fallout game. but I can't believe that they use the same old graphic technique. I don't get it. why don't they use something like MW2, or model of honor graphic? OK, I don't expect too much. but at least it should be the same level like mass effect 2 graphic, right?  they look more fantastic. I think that it is their limitation to make game. well, otherwise I like fallout new vegas. today I just bought this new game, and am ready for playing tonight. 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By RsistncE
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    No I don't care anymore, you can continue to waste money on your PC all you want. Either that or your not spending any money at by pirating everything, thus destroying the industry. "
    Let's see here: 

I spent about $1000 on my PC. It's been going strong for 3 years, still pushes games out at max settings. I also do not pay $60 per year to play online and I generally pay $10 less for games. 

3 years ago the 360 cost about $500 here. Factor in the $60 per year on live and the $10 extra per game and I paid as much as I did for my PC....WAIT WUT 

Yeah that's right the cost argument really doesn't apply anymore, it hasn't for a while. To top off the hurt, my PC also does a lot more than a console and has been putting out better visuals than any console can for the past few years. 

A dumb shit blaming piracy is a dumb shit.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#122  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I remember some people griping about Fallout 3's graphics when it came out. I've always thought that it looks totally great, so I don't think I'll mind if New Vegas looks the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.