Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Painful New Vegas Curse

altbotdos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By altbotdos

So I went to my local game store and preordered New Vegas, excited that I was going to play it in a month. 

Then I get home and look at the calendar to find that I was behind a month (I thought it was September when it was August). I must be cursed. 

In afterthought, this also explains why the store employee and my girlfriend was looking at me weird when I said "I can't wait until next month". Anyone else get messed up on what month it was at some point?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By huntad

How long ago was this? That's never happened to me.
    Edit: Obviously a month ago, but since you're posting this now, I'm wondering if you're still confused lol.

digitaloctopi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By digitaloctopi

If you can't remember what month it is at least try to remember that you have the game pre-ordered when it actually comes out. If you can do that you've narrowly avoided crossing the border into idiot country. 

Seriously, I work for a retailer that sells games. We have nearly 300 pre-orders for Halo Reach. I gaurantee you that at least 20-30 of those pre-orders will never get picked up and the deposits will just rot in our computers for YEARS!!! I swear to god, it's fucking insane.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Ummm, it IS September.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eedc15bc689f
    deactivated-5eedc15bc689f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm Murtaug, and this is my favorite thread on the Giant Bomb forums.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @Wintermute said:
    " If you can't remember what month it is at least try to remember that you have the game pre-ordered when it actually comes out. If you can do that you've narrowly avoided crossing the border into idiot country.  Seriously, I work for a retailer that sells games. We have nearly 300 pre-orders for Halo Reach. I gaurantee you that at least 20-30 of those pre-orders will never get picked up and the deposits will just rot in our computers for YEARS!!! I swear to god, it's fucking insane. "
    Isn't that just easy money?
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    " @Wintermute said:
    " If you can't remember what month it is at least try to remember that you have the game pre-ordered when it actually comes out. If you can do that you've narrowly avoided crossing the border into idiot country.  Seriously, I work for a retailer that sells games. We have nearly 300 pre-orders for Halo Reach. I gaurantee you that at least 20-30 of those pre-orders will never get picked up and the deposits will just rot in our computers for YEARS!!! I swear to god, it's fucking insane. "
    Isn't that just easy money? "
    Unless there is a specific "after XX days your money is ours" clause, then it is still your money that they are holding on to you. Its like a post-dated check, you hav eit but you can't spend it.

However.....the brilliance lies in that Gamestop can put all those $5 assets in an interest bearing account, and keep the interest, even if its made off money they don't have, AND/OR they can still declare them as pretty much whatever their evil accountants decide is best each quarter: profit, loss, income, Assets. it is fucking brilliant.
    blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By blackbird415

yes I have. Thought it was June when It was the end for the first week of july 

@Mrnitropb:  That it is and thats why I will never preorder a game ever, and really stores will have copies  , ive never struggled getting a game without a preorder
    TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By TorMasturba

I have to work on spreadsheets quite frequently, I hate spreadsheets, and since I have to type let's say: "8/9/10" on each line I get weirded out on the first day/week of a new month till the current month number gets in my head. 

Really annoying... 

EDIT: Before anyone sends me a message saying that this forum is old, I'm perusing the Fallout: New Vegas forums because I want to talk about it in the lead-up to this Friday, when it comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.