Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Upcoming Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed: Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road [UPDATED]

• 75 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    UPDATE: Bethesda has confirmed the DLC will not add a Broken Steel-esque post-campaign quest.

"None of the upcoming DLCs will allow you to play beyond the main quest," said the company on its message boards. 

--

With save game funny business reportedly sorted out, those desiring more adventures in the Wasteland can start anticipating three downloadable expansions for Fallout: New Vegas. There are three packs arriving between now and July, one per month: Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road. 

The first pack, Honest Hearts, arrives on May 17, and drops Vault Dwellers into a tribal war within Utah's Zion National Park after being raided. You'll also encounter someone named the Burned Man. 

In June (Bethesda has not specified a specific release date), Old World Blues pits you and a bunch of pre-war technology against a bunch of Mojave creatures scarred and changed by various experiments.

Finally, Lonesome Road rounds out the world of expandable New Vegas in July. This one will "bring the courier's story full circle," as players are contacted by the original Courier Six, Ulysses, to learn more about the Platinum Chip and why one would decide to refuse delivering it. 

There's no indication any expansion will have the same effect as Fallout 3's Broken Steel, which let you continue after the main campaign. As Lonesome Road could possibly fit that profile, I've asked.     

All three packs will arrive simultaneously on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.  

Can't argue with large statues of two dudes shaking hands.
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek
    UPDATE: Bethesda has confirmed the DLC will not add a Broken Steel-esque post-campaign quest.

"None of the upcoming DLCs will allow you to play beyond the main quest," said the company on its message boards. 

--

With save game funny business reportedly sorted out, those desiring more adventures in the Wasteland can start anticipating three downloadable expansions for Fallout: New Vegas. There are three packs arriving between now and July, one per month: Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road. 

The first pack, Honest Hearts, arrives on May 17, and drops Vault Dwellers into a tribal war within Utah's Zion National Park after being raided. You'll also encounter someone named the Burned Man. 

In June (Bethesda has not specified a specific release date), Old World Blues pits you and a bunch of pre-war technology against a bunch of Mojave creatures scarred and changed by various experiments.

Finally, Lonesome Road rounds out the world of expandable New Vegas in July. This one will "bring the courier's story full circle," as players are contacted by the original Courier Six, Ulysses, to learn more about the Platinum Chip and why one would decide to refuse delivering it. 

There's no indication any expansion will have the same effect as Fallout 3's Broken Steel, which let you continue after the main campaign. As Lonesome Road could possibly fit that profile, I've asked.     

All three packs will arrive simultaneously on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.  

robotmand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By robotmand

For real?

heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By heat

Still haven't finished New Vegas

pauldarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pauldarkside

Still not played through the main campaign yet!

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By avantegardener

Still have'nt removed it from the shrink wrap!

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dustpan

As far as I'm aware Obsidian is dead set on not allowing you to continue after the main quest is complete through DLC.

Even though it would be pretty easy to just relocate the player to a big new area ala Point Lookout after the main quest is done.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Can't fucking wait for these! I had a feeling Honest Hearts would be out the 17th. It would be kind of weird for Bethesda to release it on the same day as Brink.

Whizbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Whizbang

Still refuse to buy Obsidian games!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Neat-o. I guess. 

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MisterMouse

woah the first pack is in like two weeks!

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aishan

There is absolutely zero chance any of the DLC will allow you to continue post-2nd Battle of Hoover Dam.

The Mojave is so irreparably changed through your actions, or inactions, it would be unfeasible to show some of these. (For example, the Omertas blowing up a significant portion of The Strip)
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @patrickklepek: The Burned Man had some significance in the main story of Fallout: New Vegas. The Burned Man was Caesar's first Legate who messed up the first attack on the Hoover Dam so his prize was to take a trip down a canyon while on fire.

Caesar's known for his sympathy, or so I'm told. Maybe this isn't significant at all, but whatever.
    talideon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By talideon

After the patch clusterfuck that was FO:NV, these suckers has better be cheap.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Undeadpool

FINALLY we get to meet The Burning Man! That guy got talked about ALL through NV, and you never meet him. I was really hoping they'd correct that in DLC.

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By JarenFace

As awesome as those three pieces if DLC sound, I'm looking forward to an announcement of some sort of GOTY version to be honest. After a winter marathon of NV, I'm totally fine with going back to it in a year.

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THRICE

Or wait until the Game of the Year edition comes out because it will be a better value much like Fallout 3 was.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aishan
    @Undeadpool: This is one of the things I'm really liking about this DLC. Obsidian left a whole load of content hooks in the main game for this stuff.
    Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Vexed
    @talideon:   Other sites that reported this included that they will be $9.99 or 800MS points each.
    MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MayorFeedback

There goes my S-rank.

Avatar image for steelknight2000
    steelknight2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By steelknight2000

The Burned Man! Finally, I'm stoked.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By leebmx

Still not finished this (over 200hours in!) but will get back to it in the summer, I guess, when there is not so much other stuff out. I need another life to play all the stuff i've got at the moment. 

Still love the Fallout experience more than any other.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShaneDev

Old World Blues sounds a bit dodgy. 

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jking47

I am probably only interested if it continues the main story. Dropping in to a side quest with none of my stuff does not sound that great

JimmyJackJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By JimmyJackJones

Please tell me the burned man will be Nicholas Cage's character from Wicker Man, post burning of course.  If only so I can have the hope that he will be a companion character who is dressed in a bear suit and be exceptionally good at punching women.

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EgoCheck616

".. bring the courier's story full circle"

Awesome. I love paying for  the ending of a game I bought in November.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Agent47
    @EgoCheck616: Well you did pay for it in November what you get paid once a year?Jaja just kidding most likely it will be big back story and seeing as Obsidian said they wouldn't pull a Broken Steel(letting you play after you beat it)just shows it will be back story as the main Courier's story is already told it's just the other couriers you get to meet.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agent47
    @THRICE: I heard something about somewhere around November/Septemberish they would release a GOTY.
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Turtlemayor333

For all the Oscar-worthy writing Obsidian is capable of (or so I'm told) I would have expected a little more creativity here. Yet another faction VS faction romp that I don't really have a stake in, some "kill X" quests and more business about the platinum chip that I wasn't aware needed a DLC's worth of clarification.

The concept behind Mothership Zeta sounds genius by comparison.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By phish09

How about spending some time fixing the campaign first so I can actually finish it, then maybe I'll dish out for some DLC?

I got to a point in the campaign, (about 30-40 hours in), where I am now encumbered no matter how few items I have in my inventory.  I also have a mission message that keeps appearing on the right side of the screen over and over and over again into infinity for a mission I have already completed.  I also can not complete this one other mission because the NPC I have to talk to in order to finish the mission is stuck in a wall and has been for the last 10 hours or so of my gameplay. 

Considering how completely broken this game is, I can't believe Bethesda would actually keep putting out content for it.  They should be completely embarrassed that they put out this unplayable piece of garbage.  At the very least they could release this DLC for free as some sort of consolation for those of us who wasted $60 on this game, but still, what's the point when I can't even move in this game to begin with?

For the record, I put well over 100 hours into Fallout 3, and while the game did crash on me a couple of times, it's not even comparable to the kind of crap I've had to deal with in New Vegas.   

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FritzDude

I just hope there wont be any problems from the startup with these DLC's... Yeah, it will, wont it? Nevertheless, i'm looking forward to this.

MJHAYLETT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MJHAYLETT

I bought all 5 DLC packs for Fallout 3 and did everything you could do in them. I bought Fallout New Vegas, struggled against freezes and glitches and console crashing fun to finish it and I have not bought and will not buy any DLC for it.

Don't support broken games people. They will keep making them if you do.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By gbrading

Glad they are on their way. None will allow you to play beyond the main quest? Then how does that explain Colonel Moore's bugged end-game dialogue where she talks about how she was promoted to Brigadier General?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By 234r2we232

Not to sound like a bossy boots, but people really shouldn't buy these until they fix the game.

Buying it now is sending a message that it's okay for them to pump out these broken games. So if you buy it now, and they release a New Vegas 2 game later this year which is just as broken as before, it'll be your own fault.
    LoneWolf75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LoneWolf75

I got this game arriving tomorrow, I bought all the dlc for Fallout 3, great game. Will probably do the same with this one.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Looking forward to it, I JUST got back into New Vegas this weekend, I forgot how awesome it was.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DystopiaX

Third one seems the most interesting, other two seem like combat levels.

allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By allenibrahim

Need to finish DA: Awakening and Portal 2 commentary before I can finally pick up my one hour save into NV!!    

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By umdesch4

Voting with my dollars against the slap in the face that was Dead Money DLC being an xbox exclusive for so long. I'm never getting over that, even if it apparently was no great loss in the end. It's just bad business, and I'm not supporting it.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By jorbear

YES!

I really, really want to go to Zion's National Park. Also, The Burned Man!
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#41  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You know, I think I'm good with not buying any of these if they at all resemble Blood Money. Game developers have finally gotten the idea of what to make in regards to DLC, but they certainly haven't managed to keep the quality anywhere near consistent with the main game.

PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PieGuy

New Vegas is nothing to Fallout 3. Rather they patched in some random encounters instead of trying to milk the franchise.

I'll wait for Fallout 4 when Bethesda are back working on it with the new engine from Skyrim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's great that we finally get to meet Joshua Graham, but I'm really excited to see the Lonesome Road after all the talk of the battle at the Divide in the ending of Dead money.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Afroman269

I came close to getting this game but I think I just ended up passing the window of interest I had for this game. I put it off because of how fucked up it was and now......I just don't have any interest to play this. 

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#45  Edited By MeatSim

Let's hope these add-ons are better then Dead Money.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Jesus fuckin' Christ, finally. These better not suck!

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vaportra1l

I think I'm ready to go back to New Vegas, it's been 4 or 5 months.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#48  Edited By Brackynews

Thinking of writing a full Dead Money review, but maaaaan was I glad to be done with it. I wanted to kill that bugger ten times over for putting me through all that. Of course I was projecting the Obsidian devs onto the character... pew pew pew 'splode B-)

Single biggest piece of advice if you're getting ready to go through Dead Money:
    Take the Light Step perk. Just fucking take it. Save your teeth the many many grittings.
    And kill that bugger.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#49  Edited By fox01313

I'm just glad that there's a big red flag that pops up saying 'this will end the game', makes it easy to save beforehand & just go through the ending with one save & have the other for running around. After going through the ending, apart from a ton of gear & weapons as well as the legate's weapon, I didn't get any big game changing thing that I can't get elsewhere.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By PerryVandell

Hopefully the dlc won't break the game like the 360 patch did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.