Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

What did you do underground at the Fort? (major spoilers)

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What did you do underground at the Fort? (major spoilers) (12 votes)

I upgraded Mr. House's robots against the Caesar's will 75%
    I destroyed Mr. House's robots as the Caesar commanded 25%

I'm really at a loss here. This game is too much. I wanna ultimately help the NCR against the murderous Legion, but I hate the army figure and KNOW that they have their interests and shabby ways. Problem is they're the lesser evil.

I wanna take down House, and I don't know whether to achieve this by obeying the Legion and destroying the robots, OR by upgrading the robots and THEN using Yes Man to control them and take down House.

House made the robots and Benny programmed Yes Man, I have no guarantee that I can have full control over both. What if I keep the robots working and then have House use them against me? Or Yes Man betrays me?

If I destroy them, what if the savage, murderous and lunatic Legion reigns supreme?

Fuck this game :(
    Help me, I'm losing my mind. There's no winning in this game.

• 
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Just go with your gut, man. If your end goal is to be a Machiavellian bastard and take everyone down, well, it's an Obsidian game. Make of that what you will.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During my first playthrough I upgraded the Securitrons.

If you want a confidence-restoring spoiler: Yes Man sticks by you no matter what.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just go with your gut, man. If your end goal is to be a Machiavellian bastard and take everyone down, well, it's an Obsidian game. Make of that what you will.

That's a great post because it brings out two essential questions from me:

1)"Go with your gut" = The problem here is that no matter how realistic, natural and open-ended this game's plotline is, it will probably STILL be game-y at the end. That is my worry. The story may seem, based on the entangled issues raised in the OP, complex and comprehensive enough to include literally every plausible scenario and option based on the player's decisions, but what if at one point it stops being so open-ended and I end up losing?

For example, I thought about helping the Legion against House, and then later down the road exterminating the Legion. What if that second part of the plan is far out of the game's pre-planned scenarios? What if helping them is supposed to mean they become invincible?

This story will get game-y at some point and punish me for having unrealistic expectations. I hope I'm wrong, am I?

2)Taking everyone down: They're all assholes, what can I do :P

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

Upgrade them. Even if you decide to help the NCR, as long as you deal with Mr. House they won't be able to be used.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't remember what I did. I think I destroyed them.Either way, IIRC it doesn't matter that much. There is still a TON of things to do still. You're not even close to the end yet. I think there are still a good 3 or 4 factions you still need to talk to.

In one playthrough I went NCR the whole way, and another I went independent and did it all myself. You don't need to take any sides if you don't want to.

Also, there are literally dozens of different endings depending on what you did, who you met, and who you killed or let live.

Like I said, you've still got a LONG way to go. Probably another 5-10 hours or so depending on what quests you take.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.