Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Your Best Perks in New Vegas

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

What are the Perks that you really like, the ones that made your life alittle easier in the wasteland. And it can be any number of Perks.

I would have Jury Rigging since I can now fix anything with anything (I still wonder how eyeglasses can fix head gears but it works).
    And obviously Bloody Mess for violent entertainment.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Moody_yeti

Piercing  strikes + Ooh baby = awesome. 
     Great fun tbh :D

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Comprehension.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By luce

I thought Jury Rigger would be awesome but I accidently trashed a whole bunch of unique weapons because of that fucking perk.  

I'd have to say Mysterious Stranger. He saved my ass a bunch of times

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By INV2

Grim Reaper's Sprint has been nerf'd but it's still great. Nerves of Steel is awesome, Commando is super useful, Comprehension, Educated, Sniper, Finese, Math Wrath.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By melcene

Adamantium Skeleton is great on HC mode.  Less worrying about doctor's bags. 

I loved Mysterious Stranger in FO3 but haven't decided yet if I'm taking it here. 

Looking forward to Jury Rigger. 

Lord of Death was pretty cool too, especially since you don't have to spend points for it.

Verit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Verit

I personally think a lot of the perks in New Vegas are terrible. The number of actually good/fun/useful perks in New Vegas compared to FO3 is somewhat depressing.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I still love bloody mess. However, I am saddened by perks every other level. I've had to skip on stuff I would otherwise take in order to make my character a wealthy badass who makes people EXPLODE. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@MooseyMcMan said:
    " I still love bloody mess. However, I am saddened by perks every other level. I've had to skip on stuff I would otherwise take in order to make my character a wealthy badass who makes people EXPLODE.  "
    Mods on PC.
    FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FongGhoul
    @doublezeroduck said:
    " I'm not sure of the name but it lets you fast travel while over encumbered. It's VERY handy.  "
    Long Haul I believe, and yeah I'm beefing up Bartering to get it (need 70 or 75). But I think I still also need to add 1 pt. to Endurance which requires another perk (right?) to add one point to S.P.E.C.I.A.L. That's a lot to devote to one perk, but Long Haul seems amazing. I spend a LOT of time packing up my two mules - I mean companions - and taking them back to Lucky 38 to dump stuff. I have so much crap in there I'm planning to sell or cook at a campfire, and it would take forever without that perk.
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By hexx462

Confirmed Bachelor dialogue bits came up a surprising amount and were generally useful.  The perk that prevents you from setting off traps is nice since land mines can be hard to spot.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By stinky

mr. boring here. 
    perk that allows you to add a +1 to any SPECIAL 
    Tag perk. 

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Jury Rigging is my favorite of the new perks, but for me, Tag is probably the most useful.  Grim Reaper is still pretty decent, and the one that regenerates AP more rapidly is also pretty damn good.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#14  Edited By metalsnakezero

Got a new favorite: Meltdown, I enjoy seeing enemies explode. 

XxDarkHeroxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By XxDarkHeroxX

I figured this was worth discussing again with the DLC. Rad Child allows me to stack the health bonus with food and get me out of a lot of situations. Chemist + Day Tripper more doubles the effects, since everything that can wear off is a chem. Finesse allows me to go for my 100% Critical Chance with the Two-Step Goodbye along with Light Touch and Joshua Graham's Armor. The +25% Critical chance is just icing on the cake. Better Criticals pretty much allows me to kill anything with it. Them's Good Eatin is a really potent food item. Get Strong Back, Burden to Bear, and Pack rat after that so you'll be able to carry a ton of food along with weapon repair kits for the two-step goodbye. There, you're invincible once you get to level 50. This even works on hardcore. Of course combine unarmed with melee so you can get all the perks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.