Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Shadow of Boston. New Fallout Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By vikingdeath1

As a current resident of Boston I must say this makes me excited, everyone loves when a game takes place somewhere they are familiar with.

But the cynic in me thinks that probably isn't real? Plus that name sounds silly.

Fingers crossed though!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The subtitle makes me worried it's just an off-shoot game, and not a real numbered sequel. Holding out hopes until it's confirmed it's not a MOBA or F2P social game.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@vikingdeath1 said:

As a current resident of Boston I must say this makes me excited, everyone loves when a game takes place somewhere they are familiar with.

But the cynic in me thinks that probably isn't real? Plus that name sounds silly.

Fingers crossed though!

Whether or not this title is true, it's been almost accepted as fact for years now that the next Fallout game will take place in the "Commonwealth" (AKA Massachusetts) and deal with "The Institute" (a scientific organization residing at MIT). Every leak has supported this.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By burgavo

I don't know, the timing seems about right. It's been about 3 years since tes5 and they usually announce about a year before launch so it could be, I could see myself playing some fallout next holliday season. Although I agree shadow of Boston doesn't seem like a great name.

Why not Fallout: New New England?

Anyway hope we hear something soon

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am not a fan of the name, but I am always up to more Fallout.

I thought Boston as the location was the leaked, all-but-official rumor...

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want a Fallout-Vice City.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By conmulligan

"Shadow of Boston" is probably just the title of some tertiary media tie-in like a comic or web series. "Fallout 4" is much more marketable.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

"Shadow of Boston" is probably just the title of some tertiary media tie-in like a comic or web series. "Fallout 4" is much more marketable.

Yeah I hope so. Love the setting but find the name pretty lame.

vsharres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they'll announce the next game pretty soon now. Skyrim was announced in 2010 and released in 2011 (and Bethesda usually announces its games on VGA), so I'll not be surprised if one of the world premier this year is the next Fallout. As of the name and the setting...maybe?

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if this is true I might do a "kill everybody" run

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited for both a new Fallout and that it takes place in Boston. I just hope it isn't just an excuse to create another snowy wasteland, like a next-gen version of Skyrim.

Also, the title is kinda lame. There are too many, "Shadow of.." games being released right now.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach said:

I want a Fallout-Vice City.

An 80s Fallout? Now that's something I could get excited about.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am excited for both a new Fallout and that it takes place in Boston. I just hope it isn't just an excuse to create another snowy wasteland, like a next-gen version of Skyrim.

Also, the title is kinda lame. There are too many, "Shadow of.." games being released right now.

I've never played a snowy post apocalyptic game before and "too many", meaning the one other game with that in the title? You're awfully finicky.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

New engine? Please?

I know how big an ask that is, but as much as I love the gameplay of Fallout 3 and Skyrim (when it works) it's more than little bit creaky.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stryker1121

I just want this to happen, one way or another. Not gonna get my hopes up until there's some concrete news.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hassun

When the new Fallout is released I'll just wait a few years until the community fixes it I guess. That's the Bethesda Way™ after all.

I'm currently in the process of installing the 100+ mods which will make Skyrim a good game so I can finally start playing it.

P.S. This post was made largely in jest.

P.P.S. Except for the Skyrm part.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

True or not I've seen enough rumors and hoaxes and copyright speculation. I'm just waiting for something official from Bethesda and I'm hoping we'll see gameplay sooner rather then later.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a pretty terrible name...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By probablytuna

Not a great subtitle but whatever, I just want to play the game!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@vikingdeath1 said:

Fingers crossed though!

Whether or not this title is true, it's been almost accepted as fact for years now that the next Fallout game will take place in the "Commonwealth" (AKA Massachusetts) and deal with "The Institute" (a scientific organization residing at MIT). Every leak has supported this.

Fallout 3 also heavily alluded to it, which in my mind would make a deeper exploration of it almost necessary, especially since the southwest has too often been the focus of Fallout games.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By monetarydread
    @bargainben said:

@monetarydread said:

I've never played a snowy post apocalyptic game before and "too many", meaning the one other game with that in the title? You're awfully finicky.

Skyrim was all snow. Sure there were mountains, and trees, but the space in-between major points of interest was fairly barren. Skyrim wasn't post apocalyptic like Fallout was, but it was barren (not that I am even suggesting that it is a bad thing), and I hope that Fallout 4 is not just Post-Apocalyptic Skyrim.

No Caption Provided

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shortbreadtom

Fwallaht Shahdow of Bwoston?

It's really hahd to type in a Bostonian accent. There's no way this can be real though. Shadow of Boston is a really, really dumb name and I refuse to think Bethesda would name it something that stupid.

In the event that it's real, I hope they go as stereotypical as D4. I'm hoping for nuka clam chowdah and Dropkick Murphys played on an warbly old timey radio. And I want Ben Affleck to voice whatever the dog companion is.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I'll totally buy Fallout: Where Everybody Knows Your Name.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By SomberOwl

I'm kind of sick of people complaining that they haven't announced the next Fallout yet. They will announce it when they're ready.

What I'm really sick of is companies announcing games way to early that are still years off. Whats the point? Oh thanks for that teaser of a game showing no game play and basically just the title saying 20XX whatever. Not to mention they announce games so early these days, they don't even know if it will be done by the date they've given hence all the delays.

If Bethesda is smart they will announce it when it's ready and can actually make the date which should be no more than 1 year after the first announcement.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Is Boston going to be a floating city?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammondoftexas: I thought it might be. Ever since the last one I've taken to just waiting for official news from Bethesda.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Is Fallout 4 the most community-hoaxed video-game of all time? Even if it doesn't have as many hoaxes as Smash Bros. gets fake rosters, or Half-Life 3 gets fake fake Gabe Newell e-mails, these hoaxes seem to have way more effort put into them.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

For the love of three dog I hope so.

seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time a Fallout game gets teased and it's revealed to be a hoax, I die a little bit more on the inside. At this point I'm basically a zombie.

Mesh_Potatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ain't that a kick in the head.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
    nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I betcha that the name will probably change, but I still think that the next game will be in Boston. There's just been so much rumors saying so. Yeah, they're rumors, but there are so many of them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Closing, as pointed out in this thread the whole trademark thing was debunked as a hoax by Bethesda earlier this morning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.